The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Anyone have a link for the breeders cup? My betfair accounts been shut for some reason so can't watch on there and have no money in the pp account  :-[

MK

Quote from: beer baron on November 03, 2012, 09:48:59 PM
Anyone have a link for the breeders cup? My betfair accounts been shut for some reason so can't watch on there and have no money in the pp account  :-[

http://www.breederscup.com/

beer baron

Good man,1st time i tried it it wasn't working and i thought you were acting the pup,cheers.Come on St. Nic

bcarrier

A good collection of stable tours here

http://www.fatjockey.com/news-blogs/racing_news.php?Jumps-Stable-Tours-2012-13-169

ATR also have new jumps section worth a read .....www.attheraces.com/jumps

bcarrier

Some interesting racing today. Dedigout at Punchestown. Haldon Gold Cup at Exeter.

Though not sure anything is a backable price. Cue Card has been a disappointment since his bumper days but was starting to get his act together last year imo.  He might have gone from being overrated to being underrated. 

bcarrier

Impressed with Cue Card there. Jumping could be a bit slicker but enters King George picture now.

ardchieftain

Cue Card definitely rediscovering the old form. Doubled him with Hinterland in next

Donnellys Hollow

That Hinterland is some dog.

Cue Card is fairly interesting over a trip. His dam was a useful stayer for Eddie Hales.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Mikhail Prokhorov

home farm won at thurles today 7-1, it was in my horse tracker but cant rem from where, did you mention this one at a time DH?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Mikhail Prokhorov on November 08, 2012, 03:48:35 PM
home farm won at thurles today 7-1, it was in my horse tracker but cant rem from where, did you mention this one at a time DH?

I put him up around this time last year with a few more p2ps and French imports. Looking back at the list it just goes to show how there are no guarantees in NH racing. Champagne Fever won the two champion bumpers while both Darroun and Make Your Mark ran at the Cheltenham festival. Some of the others are yet to make the racecourse proper!

I know On Your Eoin is back in training and should be out in a bumper shortly. Twigline was supposed to be the 2011 Triumph Hurdle winner in waiting but she's supposed to be desperately hard to train. I'm not sure if they're persisting with her. I have no idea whether High Handel is in training.

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 19, 2011, 05:56:39 PM
Been doing some research on p2p winners from last season and have come across a few French imports as well. Most of these horses should be out in the next few weeks:

Champagne Fever: Won a maiden point by 10L at Quakerstown in April.

Darroun: Aga Khan bred winner on the flat in France. Now with Willie Mullins.

High Handel: Oratorio gelding who bolted up at Dromohane.

Home Farm: Presenting out of a half-sister to Jodami. Won at Horse & Jockey in March and now with Arthur Moore after going for €200,000 at Goffs in May.

Make Your Mark: Beneficial gelding from the family of Wayward Lad. Won a point at Lisronagh for Ger Hourigan (also ran War Of Attrition in a point). Bought by Harold Kirk for €100,000 at Goffs in May. Running tomorrow in the bumper at Punchestown for Gigginstown/Mullins.

Mythical Warrior: Commanding advantage over the afforementioned Home Farm when falling at the last at Horse & Jockey in March.

On Your Eoin: Beat Clondaw Warrior (subsequent Cheltenham bumper winner) at Maralin in April. Now with Noel Meade.

Toostrong: Unraced French import by Network (sire of Rubi Light and Sprinter Sacre). Bought by Gigginstown to be trained by Willie Mullins.

Twigline: Bumper winning filly in France who will run for the Clane based sydicate who own Quevega, Thousand Stars and J'y Vole.

Lecale2

Thanks DH! I've been tracking it too and got on today.

rodney trotter

Ant decent tips for for tomorrow in any race? Haven't backed any horses in a while

Donnellys Hollow

Good little card down at Clonmel tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how Willie Mullins's three horses get on with a view to the big weekend ahead. The yard has been going through something of a quiet spell. He had an easy winner up the north today but also two beaten favourites.

Don Johnson

2.35  PADDY POWER GOLD CUP CHASE (Grade 3)
TRENDS:
•   18 of the last 20 winners had won over the DISTANCE.
•   19 of the last 20 winners were OFFICIALLY RATED 137+
•   13 of the last 14 winners have been OFFICIALLY RATED between 136 – 150.
•   ALL of the last 20 winners were AGED 9 or LESS.
•   17 of the last 19 winners had finished 1st or 2nd in either or both of their last two starts.
•   In the last 19 years, only 3 winners have shouldered between 10st 3lb and 10st 12lb (Imperial Commander (2008), Little Josh (2010) & Great Endeavour (2011)) – 12 carried more, 4 carried less.
•   11 of the last 14 winners had won at CHELTENHAM beforehand.
•   12 of the last 14 winners had between 5 and 15 runs over fences beforehand.
•   15 of the last 20 winners were in the FIRST THREE in the BETTING.
•   5 FAVOURITES have won in the last 12 years (only 1 in the last 6 years though).
•   7 of the last 12 winners were scoring on their SEASONAL RETURN (5 exceptions finished first or second in their prep).
•   The PIPE stable has won the race 8 times in the last 16 years.
•   PAUL NICHOLLS has yet to win the race (has had 21 runners in the last 12 years and only five places (3 started favourite).
•   There has only beaten 1 IRISH TRAINED winner (Tranquil Sea (2009)) since 1980.

Don Johnson

2.50  RACING POST HURDLE (Handicap) (Grade 3)
TRENDS:
•   17 of the last 20 winners were AGED 5 or 6.
•   ONLY 2 FOUR YEAR OLDS have won since 1988 (DETROIT CITY (2006) & BRAMPOUR (2011)).
•   ALL of the last 20 winners had won over 2 miles in the past.
•   11 of the last 15 winners had finished 1st or 2nd LAST TIME OUT.
•   18 of the last 20 winners were OFFICIALLY RATED 129 +
•   16 of the last 20 winners had run 9 times or less over hurdles.
•   10 of the last 18 winners had had a run within the last month.
•   13 of the last 18 winners were first or second season hurdlers.
•   14 of the last 17 winners had won one or more of their last THREE STARTS.
•   4 OUTRIGHT FAVOURITES have won in the last 14 years (plus a Joint Favourite in 1999).
•   9 of the last 15 winners were from the FIRST TWO in the betting.
•   4 of the last 10 winners have carried 11st 12lb (plus KHYBER KIM carried 11st 9lb last year).
•   5 of the last 12 winners were scoring on their SEASONAL REAPPEARANCE.