The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RastaGael

Quote from: Bud Wiser on May 05, 2012, 04:09:27 PM
Can you tell us what the horse is for Tuesday in Punchestowm
:)

Bud - purely in the interests of reducing your shortlist from 15 to 14, Horse No 2 in the first race.  First time out so getting some experience before being let off for the summer.  Still a baby race wise.

Donnellys Hollow

Clapped out handicapper beats Coronation Cup and Breeders Cup Turf winner at the Curragh. What action will the stewards take?
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

None as far as I had seen earlier   :-\
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Jokeshop. They'd have come down like a tonne of bricks if it had been one of Charles Byrnes' or the likes.

I don't believe for a second that there was any skulduggery going on but how can such an incompetant ride like that go unpunished. Young O'Brien was excellent on Camelot but that was shocking today. Hard to know what was going through his head when he remained motionless at the two pole despite Murtagh going by him shoving away on the Aga's horse. I initially thought the horse had gone wrong but obviously not. If the stewards had given him a week for that I doubt he'd ever do it again.

Aidan would want to cop on a bit too. He did himself no favours coming out with that guff about the ground and how he was happy with the horse post race. It's hard to defend Irish racing when those at the top of the scale are never punished for blatantly using the racecourse as a schooling ground.

boojangles

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 07, 2012, 09:43:49 PM
Jokeshop. They'd have come down like a tonne of bricks if it had been one of Charles Byrnes' or the likes.

I don't believe for a second that there was any skulduggery going on but how can such an incompetant ride like that go unpunished. Young O'Brien was excellent on Camelot but that was shocking today. Hard to know what was going through his head when he remained motionless at the two pole despite Murtagh going by him shoving away on the Aga's horse. I initially thought the horse had gone wrong but obviously not. If the stewards had given him a week for that I doubt he'd ever do it again.

Aidan would want to cop on a bit too. He did himself no favours coming out with that guff about the ground and how he was happy with the horse post race. It's hard to defend Irish racing when those at the top of the scale are never punished for blatantly using the racecourse as a schooling ground.

While it's easy to see that the man is a training legend, it really is hard to warm to AP O Brien with some of these stunts being pulled in his name. How many times have we seen 2nd and 3rd strings winning in situations like today. Punters deserve a bit of honesty. (And no I didnt back St Nick)
It's hard to see the likes of Bolger, Oxx or DK Weld carrying on the same way as Aidan and his team do.

Hardy

Listen, sure it's a privilege to be here. Sure, look, the lads will have a look at it when we get home. Listen, we're all just glad the horse is OK. Listen, he's a good horse, but so is the other horse. Listen, Joseph is just great.

NAG1

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 07, 2012, 09:43:49 PM

And yet 1000's see fit to waste their hard earned cash gambling on this crooked game.

RealSpiritof98

Just received this info, i was wondering any of the horsey lads round here agree with the value.

Quotei see my old pal Sea Saffron is running again tomorrow in the Exeter 6.55,over the hurdles this time over 2m7f,but is in the form of its life

01May12 Exe 24H 5y+ HcapCh(5K) 11-4[7/2f] 1st of 7 26L to Tim The Chair (IRE) James Best 111
17Apr12 Exe 30GF 5y+ HcapCh(10K) 9-11[3/1f] 1st of 9 16L to Jolly Boys Outing (IRE) Matt Griffiths 94
04Apr12 Exe 23GF 4y+ HcapHdl(7K) 10-13[9/4] 2nd of 4 hd behind Magic Marmalade (IRE) Matt Griffiths 102
20Mar12 Exe 23G 4y+ HcapHdl(3K) 11-0[13/2] 1st of 8 ½L to Arctic Watch (GB) Matt Griffiths

has just 10-2 to carry this time around,well worth a look e/w imo,boyles have him up at 11/2

Donnellys Hollow

I was looking through some p2p form and came across this beast trained by the Shark Hanlon who ran in the bumper at Down Royal on Monday. Has to be up there with the greatest horse names ever:

http://www.irishracing.com/v5horseinfo?prt=445904

Donnellys Hollow

Looks like Bolger has another crack 2yo on his hands with this Dawn Approach. Easy to draw similarities with his father there watching him come up the hill at Naas.

sammymaguire

A bit of word floating around for Opening Batsman in the 8-15 Aintree was 9/1 earlier
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

€210,000 10f Group 1 on good ground at the Curragh on Sunday..... 5 runners! Crazy stuff altogether. They might as well run these races down on the Ballydoyle gallops when Famous Name eventually retires.

Looking forward to seeing how Emulous gets on tomorrow on her reappearance. She was seriously going places last season and could be very hard to stop in these fillies events.

beer baron

Quote from: beer baron on March 28, 2011, 11:53:48 AM
Anyone know where a man could find odds for top amateur jockeys?Been told to have a few pound on Shane Foley if he's a decent price!Heard Martin Harley's joined Mick Channons yard across the sea,might be worth keeping an eye out for!

Didn't fecking expect him to win a Classic this quickly mind you!Fair play to the lad  :D

Mikhail Prokhorov

coolmore at it again today, big money on the winner WAS @ 20-1

Donnellys Hollow

It seems obvious now but she was far too big a price. Galileo out of a half-sister to New Approach. DK's filly who beat her in the Blue Wind at Naas is very highly thought of and will be a warm order for the Ribblesdale now.