The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on April 24, 2012, 11:03:01 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 23, 2012, 04:35:55 PM
Quote from: boojangles on April 23, 2012, 01:34:46 PM
What about Quel Esprit for the Gold Cup? Why did he not run at Cheltenham?

Didn't really travel over great. Townend cantered him on the morning of the Gold Cup and he felt the horse was a bit lifeless.

Ground at Punchestown will be tacky. Plenty of rain with good drying conditions in between. It'll take a bit of getting all week. Very disappointing cards tomorrow. Long odds on favs in two of the Grade 1s and an average at best renewal of the novice hurdle. Even both the bumpers which are normally full of top quality pedigrees look a bit light.

I doubt they travelled to Cheltenham with too much confidence. Townend pretty much steered punters clear of QE at the Belfast preview night describing the Irish chasers as "desperate." Perhaps they were keen to save the horse for tomorrow's realistic target. Quantativeeasing is an interesting entry.

Given the way things panned out at Cheltenham the horse would definitely have been there or thereabouts had he been even half right. The staying chasers on both sides of the Irish Sea are a fairly useless crew in comparison to some of the greats of the past few decades. Seeing Follow The Plan win at Liverpool confirmed the mediocrity of this division. I personally think Quel Esprit is a good price for tomorrow. Not sure if Rubi Light really got the trip in a slowly run Lexus. Can imagine Walsh will be trying to just dictate an even gallop from the front tomorrow.

Hopefully some of the novices can liven up these races up next season. Flemenstar looked a proper horse at Fairyhouse and it's hard to knock Sir Des Champs though I'd say Russell nearly filled his breeches at the last fence today!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

That Champagne Fever looks a right horse. To follow up from Cheltenham in that bog today was seriously impressive. Sounds like he's going to take the Florida Pearl/Missed That route and go straight over fences.

Armaghgael

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 25, 2012, 09:19:42 PM
That Champagne Fever looks a right horse. To follow up from Cheltenham in that bog today was seriously impressive. Sounds like he's going to take the Florida Pearl/Missed That route and go straight over fences.

Doubled him up with Loch Ard
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

GAA_Talk

How's the weather down in Punchestown looking today?

Hardy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 25, 2012, 09:19:42 PM

He'll be some horse when he learns to put his head down and stop looking around him.

sammymaguire

Tally Em Up in the 4-50 and gotta be Quevega to win the big hurdle
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Have had a desperate run this week, not backing a winner at all. Suppose I deserve all I get for opposing the wondermare. Really looking forward to heading down tomorrow, be great to get a decent bit of weather.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Donnellys Hollow

Quevega is an absolute superstar. Incredible little filly. Would love to see her have a crack at Big Bucks someday but doubtful we'll ever see it.

Donnellys Hollow

Big move for Henderson's horse in the next. He won it last year with Kid Cassidy.

Robert Tyner also looking to win the fillies bumper for the second year in a row. Won it with Whatwillwecallher last year and sends out an Westerner filly who bolted up down at Mallow the last day.

Candyman

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on April 27, 2012, 06:23:01 PM
Big move for Henderson's horse in the next. He won it last year with Kid Cassidy.

Robert Tyner also looking to win the fillies bumper for the second year in a row. Won it with Whatwillwecallher last year and sends out an Westerner filly who bolted up down at Mallow the last day.

Hope your right D, have a wee double done!!

The Worker

Any festival fancies today?

Donnellys Hollow

Quel Esprit and Balder Success - last two bets of the NH season

Donnellys Hollow

That's that then. Roll on the Guineas!

Radda bout yeee

Strange question but thought this was the best place for it:

Can you get gift vouchers in a bookies? No piss taking please!

Candyman

Sean Grahams do them, AFAIK