sammymaguire

Quote from: haranguerer on February 10, 2012, 07:57:42 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on February 10, 2012, 06:43:18 PM
Johnny's Legacy fancied to overturn the fav in the 7-50... 5/2

Credit where its due - good man sammy  :D

Once in a while eh?  ;)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

illdecide

Got word for Ninetieth Minute at 4:00 Naas, this came from the track. However, SHINROCK PADDY is the 6/4 fav in the race and is well fancied so dunno!!!
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

maddog

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 08, 2012, 11:46:37 PM
The Hennessy field is falling apart by the hour (Synchronised far from a certain runner either) with Quel Esprit now as short as 11/8  :o

Still big prices available for the big one next month so might be worth a little antepost punt now. Hopefully could be in a good post race position come Sunday evening to lay off at a much shorter price. Given the paucity of genuine Grade 1 three mile chasers around at the moment I reckon he could go off a single figure price on the day.

Good shout DH, he jumped well and did the job nicely. Got a bit on for the big one last week and the winnings from today makes it a free bet.
cheers

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: maddog on February 12, 2012, 04:21:21 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 08, 2012, 11:46:37 PM
The Hennessy field is falling apart by the hour (Synchronised far from a certain runner either) with Quel Esprit now as short as 11/8  :o

Still big prices available for the big one next month so might be worth a little antepost punt now. Hopefully could be in a good post race position come Sunday evening to lay off at a much shorter price. Given the paucity of genuine Grade 1 three mile chasers around at the moment I reckon he could go off a single figure price on the day.

Good shout DH, he jumped well and did the job nicely. Got a bit on for the big one last week and the winnings from today makes it a free bet.
cheers

It's maybe stretching it a bit to think he'll win the Gold Cup but he'll be hard to keep out of a place if he jumps round. Extra 2f will be no bother to him.

Last Instalment looks a very impressive novice and will take the beating in the Sun Alliance regardless of what race Grands Curs runs in. That race is always won by the horse that has the heart for it and Last Instalment certainly has that.

Big turn up in the novice hurdle. They could be 10/1 the field for the Supreme Novices this year!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

beer baron

Quote from: beer baron on January 27, 2012, 11:27:58 PM
Quote from: Bud Wiser on January 27, 2012, 09:25:18 PM
Heading to Leopardstown tomorrow. Any one any ideas of what could go well? Was going to back Hinterland but last time I went for Boston Bob instead, Hinterland is 2/1 so that does not excite me that much. Cant see anything at the moment so maybe just go with the flow I suppose.

The Boylesport hurdle is very competitive but that means nice big prices for every horse  :)

There's a few that catch my eye,Dul ar an ol i know is highly regarded by his yard but he'll need plenty of rain to get involved this time, Plan A is a horse of Gordon Eliotts i've won a few pound on before but can't have him tomorrow, i'd say he could be one of the favourites but he never seems to find much off the bridle so is likely to find at least a few to out battle him, what a charm who beat Plan A at Cheltenham is sure to have been trained to be ready for a race like this and Arthur Moores horse could be the one to beat but i rarely back horses with single figure odds in big handicaps like this unless i really fancy them!

The 1 i'm likely to have a little wager on at a massive price i suspect is Zaarito-he's been chasing for the last 2 years or so and was expected to shape into a top novice chaser back in '09 but always tends to make a mistake over them and either falls or has blown his chance by then but in races he's stayed up in he wasn't too far off horses of the calibre of Golden silver and Noble prince and if he takes the step back into hurdling well could run a big race and at  about 25/1 or so and a few bookies surely offering 5 places i could see him running a big race!

So watch how Plan A hacks up after battling it out with Dul ar an ol on the run in and Zaarito finishes last of all-ha!

I hope someone pays a bit of heed to me-a 12/1 winner when you're full as a monkey is always nice!

Donnellys Hollow

Armaghgael

DH is their a chance Last Instalment will run in the GC? After seeing QE yesterday i doubt he will win a GC or come anywhere near it
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Armaghgael on February 13, 2012, 05:54:55 PM
DH is their a chance Last Instalment will run in the GC? After seeing QE yesterday i doubt he will win a GC or come anywhere near it

No chance unfortunately. He's not entered for it.

I would agree that in most years Quel Esprit wouldn't have much of a chance in a Gold Cup but it's a very poor year. Looking at the entries he'd beat most of them without much fuss. Long Run and Kauto Star are the obvious exceptions but one is a 12yo who was well beaten in the race last year and the other is a poorish jumper ridden by a poor jockey. I think if he jumps around QE will run on for a place. No guarantee that the front two in the market will run to their respective prices either. I don't think he can be dismissed out of hand.

maddog

http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=racing/12/02/14/manual_104152.html&BID=464

Grand national weights published. One horse that jumps off the page at me is Gordon Elliots chicago grey. When he ran at Cheltenham the last time he was dropped out the back and given no chance by Carberry. One of those rides where you think he isnt trying a tap and they are saving that nag for a big hit another day. I cant see anywhere that its entered at Cheltenham, would have thought one of the long distance staying handicaps would be right up his street. DH any thoughts ?

Donnellys Hollow

Can't say I'd be that pushed on Chicago Grey for Liverpool. I don't think his running style is particularly suit to the race.

Treacle and The Midnight Club are two I'd be interested in.

Oak Leafer

Probably should have posted this a bit sooner but just wanted to highlight the recent achievement of Hitchens (owned by a Derry and Tyrone man) out in Dubai!

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/67286/hitchens-edges-krypton-factor-in-al-shindagha

Don Johnson

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on February 14, 2012, 03:47:37 PM
Can't say I'd be that pushed on Chicago Grey for Liverpool. I don't think his running style is particularly suit to the race.

Treacle and The Midnight Club are two I'd be interested in.

Good luck getting prices on them from now to the race, Tom Segal put Treacle up as his main bet and said he fancies TMC as well this morning.

boojangles

Don't know if he is still around but heres a horse that may interest him today.

2.05 Fairyhouse No. 2 Budweiser