The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 31, 2012, 03:15:30 PM
Walsh is giving an absolute masterclass at Taunton today.

I'd love to know what sort of cash he's making per annum... must be pushing 7 figures.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: sammymaguire on January 31, 2012, 04:12:36 PM

I'd love to know what sort of cash he's making per annum... must be pushing 7 figures.

Whatever he's makes he deserves it. He's riding at Down Royal tomorrow. Crazy schedule some of those lads get through during the winter months.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 31, 2012, 04:21:16 PM

Whatever he's makes he deserves it. He's riding at Down Royal tomorrow. Crazy schedule some of those lads get through during the winter months.

A million quid for riding horses and going everywhere by private plane / helicopter.. Ruby is a genius horseman though. Met Andrew Lynch on Sunday, seemed confident about Sizing Europe
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: sammymaguire on January 31, 2012, 05:09:49 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 31, 2012, 04:21:16 PM

A million quid for riding horses and going everywhere by private plane / helicopter.. Ruby is a genius horseman though. Met Andrew Lynch on Sunday, seemed confident about Sizing Europe

Walsh and Geraghty will regularly be seen flying to Heathrow and Birmingham. I doubt either get much use out of a private plane/helicopter! Only McCoy has that luxury and he'll be slumming it with the rest if there's a Limerick match on and JP requires it!

Lynch is one of the most improved riders around. Seems to be retained on all of Potts' horses these days. We're fortunate to have some set of NH jockeys domestically - Walsh, Geraghty, Townend, Russell, Carberry, Condon and Lynch all top class.

Candyman

Right DH... Fancies? Midnight Club?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Candyman on February 02, 2012, 11:42:01 AM
Right DH... Fancies? Midnight Club?

Very trappy card. Leave it alone would be my advice and wait for the weekend. Hard to go against Willie but TMC has been off for a long time and he will hardly be fully tuned for this if all roads lead back to Liverpool.

sammymaguire

only fancies...  ???

1.40 Dushybeag
2.10 Is Herself About
2.40 Knockgraffon King
3.10 Sober Sailor
3.40 Leanne
4.10 Shane Rock
4.40 Mountain Lough
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

bcarrier

McCoy is best paid of NH jocks because of retainer with JP.

Last year Ruby won £1.1m prizemoney in Uk, and 1.2m euro in ireland. after agent/valet lucky to have 200k ,maybe another 75k in riding fees  and won french champ hurdle so less than 300k overall . The sponsorship probably only covers riding fee cover expenses/flights etc. Once you get beyond McCoy, Ruby, Barry, Davy, Paul C the rest are earning a relative pittance.

Riding on flat is way more lucrative. As sportsmen go NH jocks get a raw deal.

Donnellys Hollow

Unamed foal [SEA THE STARS x ZARKAVA] Gilltown Stud, Co. Kildare.

sammymaguire

For sale DH? I'll offer £20k, would that swing it for me?

Majasam the name...  8)
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: bcarrier on February 02, 2012, 09:24:58 PM

Last year Ruby won £1.1m prizemoney in Uk, and 1.2m euro in ireland. after agent/valet lucky to have 200k ,maybe another 75k in riding fees  and won french champ hurdle so less than 300k overall . The sponsorship probably only covers riding fee cover expenses/flights etc. Once you get beyond McCoy, Ruby, Barry, Davy, Paul C the rest are earning a relative pittance.

How much do you think the sister's taking off him?!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: sammymaguire on February 02, 2012, 10:43:19 PM
For sale DH? I'll offer £20k, would that swing it for me?

Majasam the name...  8)

Will not set foot in the sales ring methinks unless the Aga starts running short of a few bob!!!!

bcarrier

Quote from: TacadoirArdMhacha on February 02, 2012, 11:34:06 PM
Quote from: bcarrier on February 02, 2012, 09:24:58 PM

How much do you think the sister's taking off him?!

Jennifer is taking 10% of him. Dont know who else she has these days but she was andrew mac's agent for a while too.

Candyman

7.50 @ Dundalk Atlas Peak!! Check back on this thread until 30th April lastyear!! ;-) usual rules apply...

Donnellys Hollow

Sizing Europe was fairly awesome yesterday and I'd have been a doubter in the past. He l ooks a penalty kick for back to back triumphs in the Champion Chase. Credible Grade 1 two milers are very thin on the ground at the moment. There's nearly as much depth in the Arkle at this stage.

Pleasing performance from Scotsirish and shouldn't go up too much in the handicap as a result. I'd say that was the thinking behind Patrick riding him so patiently. Hurricane Fly, Quevega and Scotsirish could all but seal the leading trainer title for WPM before Tuesday evening at Cheltenham!