The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

The maiden hurdle (last on the card) at Newbury tomorrow could be a seriously good race. Henderson always seems to introduce a good novice in it (Kid Cassidy won it last year) and he has a dual bumper winner in it. Hobbs has a horse who dotted up in a Chepstow bumper last month. I'm hoping their presence will mean Its A Gimme is available at an each way price. He was just touched off by Hazy Tom at Liverpool and he went on yesterday to win easily at Wetherby under a penalty.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Hardy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 24, 2011, 05:25:19 PM
Save it for Wymott in the Hennessy.

;)

Any stats perspective on the race Hardy?

The stats are not really strong, DH, but for what they're worth, the favourite comes out top. Beshabar and Wayward Prince score next highest on my rating system.

Aiteen Thirtythree   26.12
Wayward Prince    23.08
Beshabar    22.88
Wymott     20.14
Great Endeavour  19.24
Michel Le Bon    18.88
Planet of Sound    18.72
Balthazar King    14.84
Qhilimar       13.88
Neptune Collonges     12.86
Sarando     9.88
Carruthers    9.58
Muirhead     9.58
Blazing Bailey      7.60
Fair Along      7.60
Billie Magern   6.84
The Giant Bolster   3.60
Tullamore Dew    3.60

Stats aside, it's not that easy to make cases for my top three so to comply with my system I'll just be doing a small Dutch with a little extra on the fav. because he's a few points ahead.

bridge fan

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 24, 2011, 07:06:01 PM
The maiden hurdle (last on the card) at Newbury tomorrow could be a seriously good race. Henderson always seems to introduce a good novice in it (Kid Cassidy won it last year) and he has a dual bumper winner in it. Hobbs has a horse who dotted up in a Chepstow bumper last month. I'm hoping their presence will mean Its A Gimme is available at an each way price. He was just touched off by Hazy Tom at Liverpool and he went on yesterday to win easily at Wetherby under a penalty.

mono man for me think it could be decent  :-X :-X :-X

Hardy

Sportingbet are offering money back if Aiteen Thirtythree wins the Hennessy.

http://www.sportingbet.com/roadtocheltenham/promotions.aspx?show=soID

sammymaguire

Carribs Leap 8/1 in the 2.45 bet of the day for me

holy sh1t, useless...  :-\
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Plenty of winners waiting to happen in that maiden. Winner has a real nice attitude.

Clown

what does this pay please (someone with bet calculator access)

40p each way lucky 15 -

4/1 - win
4/1 - win
5/2 - 2nd

thanks

Link

Quote from: Clown on November 25, 2011, 04:02:46 PM

40p each way lucky 15 -

4/1 - win
4/1 - win
5/2 - 2nd

thanks

beer baron

And good old Dh strikes again  ;D 9/2 earlier-happy days!Put a few quid of the winnings e/w on bucaneer bob at Dundalk,hope to keep the luck going  :)

Don Johnson

40p each way lucky 15 -

4/1 - win
4/1 - win
5/2 - 2nd

thanks

Giving quarter the odds for each race I work it out as £23.05.

Megaman

Quote from: Don Johnson on November 25, 2011, 04:36:42 PM

40p each way lucky 15 -

4/1 - win
4/1 - win
5/2 - 2nd

thanks

Giving quarter the odds for each race I work it out as £23.05.

Total Stake: £ 12.00
Return: £ 23.05
Profit / Loss: £ 11.05

bridge fan

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 25, 2011, 04:00:22 PM

Plenty of winners waiting to happen in that maiden. Winner has a real nice attitude.
[/quote

donnelly what was ur thoughs on geraghty at the last flight in that race proably talking tru pocket  here  ;D  but found it strange he didnt ask for a jump and was just letting him pop it considering he asked him the 3 flights befor that do ya think it was because a few have fell thas past couple of weeks < grandout/ oscar whiskey > come to mind when asked for 1 at the last . but then again the jump he got of bobs worth at the last  probably won hin the race

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: bridge fan on November 25, 2011, 06:09:26 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 25, 2011, 04:00:22 PM

donnelly what was ur thoughs on geraghty at the last flight in that race proably talking tru pocket  here  ;D  but found it strange he didnt ask for a jump and was just letting him pop it considering he asked him the 3 flights befor that do ya think it was because a few have fell thas past couple of weeks < grandout/ oscar whiskey > come to mind when asked for 1 at the last . but then again the jump he got of bobs worth at the last  probably won hin the race

Just watched a quick replay there. He wasn't exactly meeting the hurdle on a good stride so there was a fairly good chance he would have ended up on the deck had Barry asked him for a big one. A more experienced horse would have been asked to lengthen into the flight but he was only having his first run over timber (no previous p2p experience either). Lack of a run this season probably didn't help him either - front two had both ran in October and were race fit.

Winner had plenty left in the tank and could easily have found another length or two IMO. He was lugging into the second a bit and looked fairly idle. Hobbs' horse is clearly useful but you probably won't see the best of him until he goes over further. Front three are all decent I'd say and will win a few novice events between them before the winter is out.

boojangles

The Hennessy is a minefield. PP paying on 5th place. But think I'l leave it alone. In the Fighting Fifth I think Celestial Halo looks good value.

Armaghgael

I couldn't get on yesterday but i got tip for the winner of the Hennessy. :-[ :-[
If in doubt.......take man and ball!