The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beer baron

Good man Dh,that completed a nice day,had thousand stars and Dedigout who looks decent!Donnas palm was my only loser today and in hindsight shouldn't have been backed over the trip but last instalment looks a beast almost stepping over his fences he could be top drawer!

Donnellys Hollow

O'Leary and Mullins have the potential to completely dominate NH racing for the forseeable future. Nearly every promising young horse in this country either runs in the Gigginstown silks or is trained at Closutton (some horses falling into both categories).

They'll have some job keeping them all apart in the run up to the spring festivals.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Armaghgael

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 19, 2011, 05:56:39 PM
Been doing some research on p2p winners from last season and have come across a few French imports as well. Most of these horses should be out in the next few weeks:

Champagne Fever: Won a maiden point by 10L at Quakerstown in April.

Darroun: Aga Khan bred winner on the flat in France. Now with Willie Mullins.

High Handel: Oratorio gelding who bolted up at Dromohane.

Home Farm: Presenting out of a half-sister to Jodami. Won at Horse & Jockey in March and now with Arthur Moore after going for €200,000 at Goffs in May.

Make Your Mark: Beneficial gelding from the family of Wayward Lad. Won a point at Lisronagh for Ger Hourigan (also ran War Of Attrition in a point). Bought by Harold Kirk for €100,000 at Goffs in May. Running tomorrow in the bumper at Punchestown for Gigginstown/Mullins.

Mythical Warrior: Commanding advantage over the afforementioned Home Farm when falling at the last at Horse & Jockey in March.

On Your Eoin: Beat Clondaw Warrior (subsequent Cheltenham bumper winner) at Maralin in April. Now with Noel Meade.

Toostrong: Unraced French import by Network (sire of Rubi Light and Sprinter Sacre). Bought by Gigginstown to be trained by Willie Mullins.

Twigline: Bumper winning filly in France who will run for the Clane based sydicate who own Quevega, Thousand Stars and J'y Vole.

DH i got tip for Twigline at Cheltenham for the Bumper or Triumph only it broke a leg on the gallops at the Curragh. Nice to see it has made a comeback.

If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Armaghgael on November 20, 2011, 08:12:31 PM
Been doing some research on p2p winners from last season and have come across a few French imports as well. Most of these horses should be out in the next few weeks:

Home Farm: Presenting out of a half-sister to Jodami. Won at Horse & Jockey in March and now with Arthur Moore after going for €200,000 at Goffs in May.

Make Your Mark: Beneficial gelding from the family of Wayward Lad. Won a point at Lisronagh for Ger Hourigan (also ran War Of Attrition in a point). Bought by Harold Kirk for €100,000 at Goffs in May. Running tomorrow in the bumper at Punchestown for Gigginstown/Mullins.

Mythical Warrior: Commanding advantage over the afforementioned Home Farm when falling at the last at Horse & Jockey in March.

On Your Eoin: Beat Clondaw Warrior (subsequent Cheltenham bumper winner) at Maralin in April. Now with Noel Meade.

Toostrong: Unraced French import by Network (sire of Rubi Light and Sprinter Sacre). Bought by Gigginstown to be trained by Willie Mullins.

Twigline: Bumper winning filly in France who will run for the Clane based sydicate who own Quevega, Thousand Stars and J'y Vole.

DH i got tip for Twigline at Cheltenham for the Bumper or Triumph only it broke a leg on the gallops at the Curragh. Nice to see it has made a comeback.

I don't think she broke a leg - if she did she'd hardly still be with us let alone still in training. I think she just pulled up lame after galloping up the Old Vic one morning. She's only a 4yo so they didn't rush her back.

The lads who own her have been incredibly lucky. J'y Vole, Quevega and Thousand Stars. I'm sure they were out in force after Punchestown today. Some going for a small syndicate from Clane.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

beer baron

Been told namarama's fancied to win the Kempton 2.35,small stakes for me though as source can be hit and miss  ::)

sammymaguire

Ludlow 1.45 Foxbridge 10/11
Ffos Las 1.55 Plunkett 3/1
Kempton 3.40 Mangonel 7/4
Ludlow 3.50 Court Minstrel 1/1

A chancy lucky 15 for today  ??? 
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

sammymaguire

http://www.racingpost.com/horses/trainer_home.sd?trainer_id=311#topTrainerTabs=trainer_entries&bottomTrainerTabs=trainer_big_race_wins

Henderson, 7 runners today = 7 winners. Almost as hot as Willie Mullins at the moment  :o  :o

I'm sure the 80-odd/1 accumulator will be all over the net later on. Some going.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Armaghgael

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 20, 2011, 10:39:16 PM
Quote from: Armaghgael on November 20, 2011, 08:12:31 PM

I don't think she broke a leg - if she did she'd hardly still be with us let alone still in training. I think she just pulled up lame after galloping up the Old Vic one morning. She's only a 4yo so they didn't rush her back.

The lads who own her have been incredibly lucky. J'y Vole, Quevega and Thousand Stars. I'm sure they were out in force after Punchestown today. Some going for a small syndicate from Clane.

Something happened it anyway. Had it backed at 20s & 40s
I was told it was Willie Mullins banker for the week. Which is some going for a horse that hasn't had a run in the UK/Ireland.

If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Candyman

DH, Sammy etc etc... Any Donkeys 2day?

sammymaguire

Quote from: Candyman on November 22, 2011, 11:30:44 AM

You asking me!!!  :o DH is the man. Not a great looking days racing ahead Candy (as you'd expect on a Tuesday in November) but a winner is a winner if you can get 1. Endeavor at 13/2 could be a solid e/w 3.30 and there seems to be a bit of talk about Priceless Art in the 1.40 with Fallon in the hot seat. Bound For Glory looks a real banker too in the 1pm... At 8/11 you'd expect it to be.
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Candyman

Quote from: sammymaguire on November 22, 2011, 11:46:46 AM

You asking me!!!  :o DH is the man. Not a great looking days racing ahead Candy (as you'd expect on a Tuesday in November) but a winner is a winner if you can get 1. Endeavor at 13/2 could be a solid e/w 3.30 and there seems to be a bit of talk about Priceless Art in the 1.40 with Fallon in the hot seat. Bound For Glory looks a real banker too in the 1pm... At 8/11 you'd expect it to be.

Sammy me old china... a wee story:

I remember a few years ago, was a friday evening and you posted up a fancy of yours. You put it up at 16/1 or so, and I only saw it a few mins before the off!! Was in the local public house having the banter and just ran out the door to make sure I got on. I was with the brother of Spirit on here and he shouts after me to throw a fiver e/w on it for him. When I got in the fecking donkey was 33/1 but i said feck it and punted anyhow...

It won at 33's, I cleaned up, Spirits brother got a few bob... we said to feck with football training and went on the beer!!!

That buddy, is why I asked for your wisdom... we still talk about it to this day!! ;-)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

sammymaguire

Quote from: Candyman on November 22, 2011, 12:25:02 PM
Quote from: sammymaguire on November 22, 2011, 11:46:46 AM

Sammy me old china... a wee story:

I remember a few years ago, was a friday evening and you posted up a fancy of yours. You put it up at 16/1 or so, and I only saw it a few mins before the off!! Was in the local public house having the banter and just ran out the door to make sure I got on. I was with the brother of Spirit on here and he shouts after me to throw a fiver e/w on it for him. When I got in the fecking donkey was 33/1 but i said feck it and punted anyhow...

It won at 33's, I cleaned up, Spirits brother got a few bob... we said to feck with football training and went on the beer!!!

That buddy, is why I asked for your wisdom... we still talk about it to this day!! ;-)

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

That had to be at Dundalk??  ;) One of my infrequent moments of genius!  :D

Thats what keeps us coming back, those juicy winners blot out all the close misses  :-\
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Candyman

first of the treble up (and done single also) ;)

sammymaguire

Quote from: Candyman on November 22, 2011, 01:06:07 PM
first of the treble up (and done single also) ;)

happy days  ;D nice start to the afternoon... i'd be pretty surprised if Authentic Cat doesnt get into the places in the 2.30 at 5/1 as well as Drumshambo in the 2.50 at Lingfield, 13/2, so little e/w double on those too
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Candyman

Sammy:
It was 5th March 2010 ( a friday afternoon)
"DONCASTER 3:10 MARES NH NOVICE 2m 3f 110yds
Diavoleria @ 14/1 (GP)
looks a decent e/w shot at the price"
Went from 16's out to 33's and beat McCoy on a 5/6 shot I think!!