The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abble

Quote from: haze on November 05, 2011, 09:57:14 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 05, 2011, 09:32:34 PM
Aidan was dead right. Pesky Yanks.

Maybe but I don't think that excuses bad manners.

Hope Goldikova gets the 4 in a row

agreed on your 2nd pt Haze
but i'd say its more likely the bad manners came from the media. i think its more likely he was caught in the process of contacting family when he was pounced on, so fair dues to him...he's got his priorities right on this occasion

Abble

Donnellys Hollow

Peslier nowhere to go. She'll be off to Fethard now to pay Galileo a visit methinks.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Minder

Any ideas for the big yin? Might put a few quid e/w on it.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Mickey Linden

This was same media aiden uses to talk up his horses for breeding purposes. Aiden should have shown more class. Great win however and fair play to young Joseph. Disappointed to see goldilkova beat. Great horse

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Oak Leafer

Havre De Grace to win - Carrying Derry's colours too! ;)

Mont

In tru yank fashion am doin a fc as well.....uncle mo and so u tink

The Worker

so you think and game on dude reverse forecast

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Mickey Linden on November 05, 2011, 10:50:07 PM
This was same media aiden uses to talk up his horses for breeding purposes. Aiden should have shown more class. Great win however and fair play to young Joseph. Disappointed to see goldilkova beat. Great horse

The American media held nothing back when slating Jamie Spencer a few years ago. Aidan is well within his rights to treat them with similar disdain.

Mickey Linden

DH ur easily the best follower of form I've ever seen and I will always respect and be in of awe of this, however I think  O brein shafted spencer soon enough and for me o brien is more than happy to use the media when needs must and he could have been more accomadting to the us media when promoting horse racing Ireland when on the international stage. Anyhow, rant over, who we backing at cork tomorrow?

Sea The Stars

I can't believe there are people criticising O'Brien for the interview he gave yesterday!!

Geoff Tipps

Great night for Ballydoyle although to echo some other posters my initial reaction when O'Brien was interviewed was that he could have left the mobile down till after the interview had finished.

orangeman

Not every night you win a Breeders cup.

St Nick blew them all away. Emphatic.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Mickey Linden on November 06, 2011, 01:37:21 AM
DH ur easily the best follower of form I've ever seen and I will always respect and be in of awe of this, however I think  O brein shafted spencer soon enough and for me o brien is more than happy to use the media when needs must and he could have been more accomadting to the us media when promoting horse racing Ireland when on the international stage. Anyhow, rant over, who we backing at cork tomorrow?

I don't think Aidan shafted Spencer. From what I've heard Michael Tabor was very anxious to get Fallon on board and Spencer was already considering jacking it in because of the criticism he was receiving at the time and the pressure of riding for his godfather. Apparently the missus was none to keen on the quiet life in Cashel either. I understand that Tabor is also behind the present efforts to entice Moore to Ballydoyle. Ancient history now anyway.

Back to the real action - great weekend for Michael O'Leary and Noel Meade. I was quite taken with Sword Of Destiny down at Mallow. He hurdles very well and the way he eased away from a good horse in Farrells Fancy (split Last Instalment and The Real Article last season) was seriously impressive. Good to see First Lieutenant back to winning ways too. He's going to be very tough to beat when stepped up in trip and on a proper galloping track like Leopardstown or Punchestown. The likes of Mallow and Limerick Junction do not play to his strengths at all.

Peddlers Cross & Al Ferof going novice chasing on Wednesday, Morris Oil Chase at Clonmel on Thursday, Open Meeting at Cheltenham Friday-Sunday and the Lismullen and Fortria at Navan on Sunday. Great week in prospect.