The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Oscars Well clearly needed the run. Poor enough effort it has to be said though, the horse looked a shadow of itself from the middle of last year. Out again in a fortnight at Punchestown, hard to know what to expect after that run yesterday...
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Don Johnson

Steer clear of Withers Hill today, apparently it got injured the other day.

Candyman

Hardy

Stats-based selections for a couple of today's handicaps - the trends themselves are not that strong, but these selections lead the stats by a good amount in each case:

3.10 Doncaster Scrapper Smith (27 Betfair)
3.20 Wincanton Checkerboard (14)

Don Johnson

Quote from: Candyman on November 05, 2011, 12:23:26 PM
A bit late now Don!! :-/

Heard since that connections are still backing it, including a big bet in Moira so I will stand by my bet.

bcarrier

QuoteTonyFearon
At Down Royal and backed Selection Box at 8/1,winner of second race. Feels like Christmas has come early!

Fearon aftertiming from the course on twitter. :P

Davy at his finest on Montan .

Donnellys Hollow

I slagged him off yesterday but that was vintage Russell. How game is that Quito De La Roque?

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Armaghgael

Impressive winner.
Looked dead and buried 3 out but battled on. But would Bostons Angel have won if he had of stayed on his feet?
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Armaghgael on November 05, 2011, 02:36:12 PM
Impressive winner.
Looked dead and buried 3 out but battled on. But would Bostons Angel have won if he had of stayed on his feet?

Given the way Oscars Well fell in a hole yesterday when asked for his effort I would say no. Will Sizing Europe go for the King George now?

Armaghgael

Personally i thought Sizing Europe had it won 2 out when Nicholls horse made a mistake but he tired up the straight and Quito De La Roque had all the momentum. But does Sizing Europe have what it takes to win a Gold cup or King George?   
If in doubt.......take man and ball!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Armaghgael on November 05, 2011, 02:55:36 PM
Personally i thought Sizing Europe had it won 2 out when Nicholls horse made a mistake but he tired up the straight and Quito De La Roque had all the momentum. But does Sizing Europe have what it takes to win a Gold cup or King George?

Gold Cup? No.

King George? Possibly.

sammymaguire

Kauto Stone looked ominously impressive there  :o

Toomdeely looks decent e/w bet in the next.

Any thoughts on the bumper? Could be some good each way value with this Lough Roe Lady and Hidden Future
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

haveaharp

Not horse racing but betting all the same. Franke cocozza to get kicked out of the x factor tomorrow 6/4. (2 have to go tomorrow night) - a racing cert ;)

downtown

Quote from: haveaharp on November 05, 2011, 05:16:10 PM
Not horse racing but betting all the same. Franke cocozza to get kicked out of the x factor tomorrow 6/4. (2 have to go tomorrow night) - a racing cert ;)

They only pay out on the first act kicked out so i wouldnt be betting on anyone to be kicked out this weekend. Frankie could get kicked out and you might not get paid! Thats the way paddy power are working it any way

Donnellys Hollow

One on the board for Ballydoyle.

How shit are the American turf horses?!  :D