The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sammymaguire

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on November 01, 2011, 09:07:08 AM
Stayed up and watched Monday Night Football and the racing, what a finish to the race, couldn't have been closer. In relation to Tullamore, he had a bad draw and then played bumping cars for half a mile, looked like he was going to challange but didn't materialise. Had my email called out by Chapman yeroooo.

Its over at 10pm!!  :o is that well past your bedtime!!  :P
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: sammymaguire on November 01, 2011, 09:53:07 AM
Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on November 01, 2011, 09:07:08 AM
Stayed up and watched Monday Night Football and the racing, what a finish to the race, couldn't have been closer. In relation to Tullamore, he had a bad draw and then played bumping cars for half a mile, looked like he was going to challange but didn't materialise. Had my email called out by Chapman yeroooo.

Its over at 10pm!!  :o is that well past your bedtime!!  :P

Lol, tried to watch that too but the wee feckers tricker treating made me miss the 1st 2 goals.

Oak Leafer

Massive gamble in the 5.00 Kempton on Shalambar! 20s into 5/2!  :o

Looking at its form it ran in a class 5 over 1m 3f and looked to have been eased well down.

Runs in a class 6 over 1m 4f and on its past form (all be it a wile back) its very well handicapped...

I'm on at 7/2! :P

haveaharp

Shalambar (IRE)
Date Course Dist Class Jockey Trainer
17:00 Tue 1st Nov  Kempton Park 1m 4f 6 Jim Crowley  A W Carroll 
19:00 Thu 3rd Nov  Wolverhampton 1m 5f 194y 5  A W Carroll 
16:00 Fri 4th Nov  Ffos Las 1m 4f 6  A W Carroll 

Are they going to go for a quick reappearance before the handicapper can get hold of him again

Donnellys Hollow

Dramatic race. I think Captain Chris was coming there to win it but real breakdown in communication with Dickie Johnson.

Ghizao jumped poorly and Zaarito looks like he has a hole in him (ran similarly at Punchestown two years ago). Medermit might have got his act together but Cornas holds the form down somewhat.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on November 01, 2011, 03:26:40 PM
Wow!  :D

holy shit! favourites were bombing in yesterday.... now they cant even stay on their legs!!
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Candyman

Quote from: Oak Leafer on November 01, 2011, 12:37:04 PM

Looking at its form it ran in a class 5 over 1m 3f and looked to have been eased well down.

Runs in a class 6 over 1m 4f and on its past form (all be it a wile back) its very well handicapped...

Gamble landed... all too easy!! Only got 9/4 but if you've enough on a winners a winner  ;D

sammymaguire

Quote from: Candyman on November 01, 2011, 05:04:48 PM

Gamble landed... all too easy!! Only got 9/4 but if you've enough on a winners a winner  ;D

not punt with best priced guaranteed bookie Candy?  :-\

funny but when you miss the 10, 9, 8, 7's which it would have been at earlier, the 3/1 seems a shit price so turns me off it, even though I would take an even money winner all day long... mucked up way of thinking I know...  ???
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Oak Leafer

Hopefully some of you got on regardless of price! ;)

Jez if some of you could offer me a 9/4 banker every day i'd take it! :D

Candyman

Quote from: sammymaguire on November 01, 2011, 05:12:42 PM
Quote from: Candyman on November 01, 2011, 05:04:48 PM

not punt with best priced guaranteed bookie Candy?  :-\

funny but when you miss the 10, 9, 8, 7's which it would have been at earlier, the 3/1 seems a shit price so turns me off it, even though I would take an even money winner all day long... mucked up way of thinking I know...  ???
[/qHavent even checked my account, but I punt with the King of Kings (PP) so im guaranteed best price!!!  ;D

haveaharp

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on October 31, 2011, 12:01:35 PM
Anyone else following the fledgling training career of John Ferguson recently?

He has worked as an assistant trainer to Michael Stoute and John Gosden and was also bloodstock advisor to Sheikh Mohammed. He has started out as a NH trainer in the past few months and he has some really nice recruits from the level in his yard. He has had 7 winners from 16 runners (44% strike rate) so far this season including the winner of the bumper on Saturday at Ascot who absolutely hosed up in a decent contest.

He has Dubawi Phantom (ex-Godolphin ran in 2010 Derby at the Curragh) in the novice hurdle at Kempton today. He's running under a penalty for his recent maiden hurdle win at Uttoxeter but seems to be priced accordingly at 4/1. I'm having a few bob e/w.

This J Scott aint going too bad either, something like 8 out of last 10 runners have won. Tom O Brien booted one of them home in the last at exeter today.

rossie mad

Quote from: Oak Leafer on November 01, 2011, 05:15:40 PM
Hopefully some of you got on regardless of price! ;)

Jez if some of you could offer me a 9/4 banker every day i'd take it! :D

fair play got on at 4 and moreOM PUB.HAD A GUD NITE D.had in it in a double with the maiden winner after so happy days.just bCK FROM PUB SO HAPPY DAYS .

Don Johnson

Crazy Bold 40s into 6s in the 1.05 at Warwick.

Tony Carroll going for two in a row?

Oak Leafer

Just been watching its last run over 2m 3f DJ, was in contention until final 4/5f then was more or less pulled up.

This is a drop in class and 3f shorter in trip...i'd say he won't be a mile away here! ;)