The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haveaharp

Well done Johnny Murtagh, another shocker of a ride on Saigon in the 2.15 at Newbury. What a gangster.

sammymaguire

Quote from: haveaharp on October 22, 2011, 02:21:01 PM
Well done Johnny Murtagh, another shocker of a ride on Saigon in the 2.15 at Newbury. What a gangster.

Have him backed then Benny? Poor indeed, dunno what he was messing at with all the switching

Might have been a fraction on the soft side for Jenari and with one of Dermot Weld's horses in the field an odds on shot at Galway is not safe  >:(
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: sammymaguire on October 22, 2011, 02:27:55 PM

Have him backed then Benny? Poor indeed, dunno what he was messing at with all the switching

Might have been a fraction on the soft side for Jenari and with one of Dermot Weld's horses in the field an odds on shot at Galway is not safe  >:(

Jenari jumped very poorly and I don't think Robbie Power covered himself in glory. The winner was one of Jim Culloty's though Sammy, not DK's. Mount Benbulben was lucky to come away unscathed. Don't know why Carberry was so keen to rein him back all race considering he was much the best animal in the field.

Albertas Run toughed it out well from the front at Liverpool. He's still got plenty of appetite left for the game. The same cannot be said of Master Minded. The Fat Controller may as well tear up his 7/1 docket now because he hasn't a prayer of winning a King George.

Camelot was very impressive but I wouldn't be getting carried away just yet. It's too easy to fall for these RP Trophy winners and I've fallen into that trap in the past - remember St Nicholas Abbey. He's a very nice prospect though. Ballydoyle do look to have their best team of 2yos in years. Daddy Long Legs, Apollo, Nephrite, Imperial Monarch, Tibet and of course Power to add to this lad. There's bound to be one or two out of that lot who will have a good 3yo season. Their fillies look top notch - Maybe, Wading (form of the Rockfel was given a big boost today at Newbury) and Kissed who could be anything herself.

There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

sammymaguire

Just seen the purple and yellow colours and thought, Weld at it again at Galway... Master Minded well outclassed, by Pure Faith, never mind Alberta's Run. The all conquering Nicholls could be in for a tough season ahead, by his standards anyway
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Mickey Linden

Ive said this before on this thread but fair dues to Richard Hughes and his Saturday column in the post. Today he put up Beaten up and it bolted up at 5/1 even tho Jonny Murtagh was on board. I would like to see the profit from level stakes on his selections this season.

the greatest jockey

nicholls more or less said he wouldn't win today so i wouldn't be too disappointed

bcarrier

Ruby gets five days at Aintree.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: sammymaguire on October 22, 2011, 04:10:01 PM
Just seen the purple and yellow colours and thought, Weld at it again at Galway... Master Minded well outclassed, by Pure Faith, never mind Alberta's Run. The all conquering Nicholls could be in for a tough season ahead, by his standards anyway

The smart money is on Henderson for the trainers championship this season methinks. The Fat Controller doesn't look to have a great string of horses with Big Bucks being the obvious exception.

haveaharp

Quote from: sammymaguire on October 22, 2011, 02:27:55 PM

Only in a piddly yankee, but just notice him too many times giving horses too much to do. Why didnt he pull that thing wide when he was at the back and take the clear path instead of running up the ass of a wall of horses.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: bcarrier on October 22, 2011, 05:34:16 PM
Ruby gets five days at Aintree.

Reacting to the ban, an angry Walsh said: "The punishment didn't fit the crime. I miss a Grade 1 chase at Down Royal and a good race at Cork. If that deserves a five-day ban the game is f***ed."

Walsh was particularly angered that a strike down the neck of Edgardo Sol before the final fence was counted in his quota of eight. He added: "I thought I rode a good race and I gave the horse one down the shoulder going into the last which counted and so they gave me the ban."

The ban led Walsh to question the merits of riding in Britain and vowed to "discuss" his future with champion trainer Paul Nicholls in the near future.

He added: "I don't want to be coming over here and getting banned in small races and missing big rides for Willie Mullins back home. I will have to discuss it with Paul Nicholls."

An animated Walsh asked spectators: "Did any of you see anything wrong with my ride in the previous race? I want to know because it seems to be public perception that counts."

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/r-walsh-walsh-whip-ban-fuels-riders-anger-at-aintree/936125/

Candyman

Got word for Haadeeth in the last at W'Hampton? Owner says it'll do the business, currently 11/4.... (Usual rules apply)

Candyman

Quote from: Candyman on October 22, 2011, 07:52:22 PM
Got word for Haadeeth in the last at W'Hampton? Owner says it'll do the business, currently 11/4.... (Usual rules apply)
:-[

Don Johnson

Put up two winning tips for Saturday and nobody even notices!

Fingal Bay really impressed me yesterday. Really looking forward to Aintree today.

illdecide

Quote from: Don Johnson on October 23, 2011, 12:06:42 PM
Put up two winning tips for Saturday and nobody even notices!

Fingal Bay really impressed me yesterday. Really looking forward to Aintree today.

I done one of them Don and took notice ;)

DH any fancies today at Aintree or Galway?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Donnellys Hollow

Nope.

I think Last Instalment has a future but Davy Russell has gone for the other horse today.