The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

take_yer_points

Quote from: take_yer_points on August 25, 2011, 10:19:45 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on August 25, 2011, 11:36:13 AM
Quote from: take_yer_points on August 25, 2011, 09:39:49 AM
Lads, I'm heading over to England this weekend and planning on going to Beverley races on Saturday? What sort of a spot is it? If anyone has any fancies for it I'd be delighted to hear them

It's a galloping stiff track so look for horses that have won previously over the race distance and preferably at the course.

Dubliner Robert Winston has a £22+ level stakes profit there over the past five seasons so he'd be a jockey to follow. The Silvestre de Sousa/Mark Johnston combination would also be worth following:

http://www.racingpost.com/horses/course_home.sd?crs_id=6#topCrsTabs=upcoming_races&bottomCrsTabs=statistics

Cheers DH

Cheers for this info DH - certainly helped out with a few winners - had Oratory E/W in the 2nd (12/1) and Liberty Ship E/W in the 5th (11/1) both with Robert Winston on board - also made another few quid with Cool in the Shade (2/1) and Herrera (4/1)

Donnellys Hollow

One of the biggest days in the domestic flat racing calendar fast approaching this Saturday and it's the Matron rather than the Champion Stakes that holds more appeal to me. It looks a real good punting race especially if you field against Misty For Me. I think she might have been a bit flattered at the Curragh and the step back in trip is not a positive. At the prices I think she's worth taking on. Emulous looks a tempting e/w bet at 5s. DK has been bringing her along steadily for an autumn campaign with this race and the Sun Chariot at Newmarket being her targets. She'll run a big race if there's a bit of dig in the ground.

The Champion Stakes should be a hack canter for So You Think but it really is a disappointing turnout especially considering some of the great renewals of the past - Fantastic Light v Galileo, Grandera v Hawk Wing, High Chaparral v Falbrav, Oratorio v Motivator v Alexander Goldrun, Dylan Thomas v Ouija Board, Sea The Stars. The race is worth €750,000 so it is an absolute mystery why more aren't having a cut at it.

Had a scan through tomorrow's cards and I notice Elliott and McCoy are teaming up with three horses tomorrow at Hereford. I normally wouldn't pay any attention to such a card but all three look to hold decent chances so they might be worth another look.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Candyman

3 Doubles and a treble done DH... I hope ur right!! ;-)

Muzz

1st Horse Fell.

2nd Horse 2nd.

Muzz

Candyman

A comrade was waiting on 1 horse in a lucky 15 for 11k today!! It was nowhere... That would have been some weekend for him, first beating Cross in the championship and then enjoying his winnings even more!! ;-)

Donnellys Hollow

Elliott is back on the raid at Newton Abbott today. Manger Hanagement looking to follow up yesterday's chasing success in a novice hurdle and Russian War going over fences for the first time.

Some decent action at Salisbury. Hannon's 2yo filly has been very well backed. There was plenty of 3s available last night.

Donnellys Hollow

That Russian War is some pig!  :D

Donnellys Hollow

Manger Hanagement on the other hand looks like a reincarnation of Carvills Hill!

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: Candyman on September 01, 2011, 03:06:30 AM
A comrade was waiting on 1 horse in a lucky 15 for 11k today!! It was nowhere... That would have been some weekend for him, first beating Cross in the championship and then enjoying his winnings even more!! ;-)

I wonder is said comrade ready to go to war, jockey gave it a shocking ride Candy and pulled up for a 4th place when 3rd would have even doubled his doh!!!

Candyman

Spirit he had a nice relaxing 18 holes today... I'd say he's in the best shape of his last 5 seasons? ;-) Russian War was a disaster today!!! Oh and forgot to mention said comrade also got a wee treble up that evening also, paid 60/1!!!

Joxer

Brazabon tonight 8.50 Kempton

Family guy

m@yoman

Heading to Leopardstown later today...just looking through the card and it is going to be very hard to pick winners I think! anyone any fancy's?

Donnellys Hollow

Any angle on the big sprint today Hardy after your Nunthorpe success?

Wootton Bassett stands out at an e/w price for me. Could do with a shower or two though.

Ground is coming right for Emulous at Leopardstown. Really think she's a great e/w bet against the favourite. The beautifully bred Viscount Nelson should bounce back to form in the Kilternan but he's a skimpy enough price.