The Horse racing thread

Started by maddog, December 19, 2006, 03:02:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bcarrier

You called Denman well DH.

Think I might just back mullins in punchestown and Elliot in perth in everthing until the weekend.

Louth Exile

Watching the prices all morning on oddchecker, just missed the 4's with Boyles on Quevaga. Got it with VC - €25 e/w - 1/4 odds first three and Faller Free Bet. The theory is it should be a free bet at least!! (well its Donnellys theory I am following)

Question, I am on a very good run with the VC account since Cheltenham, never had this happen before, when I rang in the bet I had to hold while the customer service rep checked my bets with a trader! Might be getting ahead of myself, but does that mean I'm doing well? Or does it not mean anything at all?
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Hardy

If you're doing too well, your account will probably be terminated, as you probably know, LE. On the other hand, if you get free diaries and baseball caps and invitations to the Curragh, they see you as a mug they really want to hang onto, as you also probably know. It's another reason I rarely use my bookie accounts and stick almost exclusively to Betfair - they'll never do that to you.

Louth Exile

Never came close to having the honour of an account being closed on me I'm afraid. Was talking to Barney Curley while out for a smoke after a Cheltenham preview night a few years ago. He had pulled off one of his touches that day and he could categorically say that all accounts involved would be closed in the morning!!

I don't seem to have too much luck with the Tote!! They send a lot of passes for free days racing alright!

Is it just me, or does Prince Erik look overpriced at 33/1
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

rossie mad

Happened to me when i was with boylesports.

Except most of the bets that won were for my best mate who would give me the cash when he placed a bet or take off it his account as was often the case.

They probably wondered what was happening when my usual bets of 5 and 10 euors all of a sudden went into the hundreds.

one day they asked me to verify my laser card (after a year of the account being there) and had to fax all these details to them and go through all this rigmorale and then when i did after another couple of months i was told one day that i had to do it again but didnt bother so went to power instead.

My mate doesnt gamble now (well not at the level he was at) as he is out of a job and im back to my usual 5 or 10 euro bets.
It was fun while it lasted though as i could get a call at any minute from him to place a bet and i had to place it.
It happened more often than not when i was with herself either out for a meal or even sometimes on the job itself ;) and she would be raging as id be wondering how the bet went cause if he won big i might get thrown the odd fifty every now and again for my trouble.

i would pay him cash at the end of every month out of any winnings he made.

Anyway thats my little rant over.

RealSpiritof98

T O Hare

Two great wins from L'ami and Quevaga... Quevaga was very impressive!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

sammymaguire

one hell of an engine in that Quevaga  ;D  ;D great ride from Townend, in full control from about 4 out
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

Treasurer

Que Vega saves the day and not for the first time :)

Louth Exile

Shes a little Daisy  :)

Fair play to you Donnelly, I followed you and the bet has put me back in the black for the week. The only other bet I did was €10 double with Quevaga (at 4's) doubled with Captain Cee Bee at gtd 3/1 - Good day could get better!! and if not still a few quid up.

boojangles

Why couldn't Cheltenham be like this???

My God Quevega was mightily impressive for a horse trying a new trip.Bring on Big Bucks I say!!!
Was also delighted for L'ami who I've always had a soft spot for. As short as 5/6 with some this morning,was delighted with the 13/8.

Our Gar got me off to a great start too. Slowly recouping my Cheltenham losses. ;D

Donnelly for a Knighthood I say!!  :D :D :D

randomtask

thanks donnelly, had 50 e/w double ur a ledgend.

Louth Exile

YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO    ;D

Donelly, you are a legend. If you are about tommorow I would gladly buy you a few large ones

gerrykeegan

DH top man, did exchange double happy happy days

2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

Mac hinery