Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 26, 2018, 11:56:16 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 11:23:34 AM
It's interesting how Cavan, and by extension Tyrone, have reacted quite happily to their game being moved to Croke Park.
I don't think people outside Leinster understand that plenty of us are sick of the sight of it and all it has come to represent in recent years.

You are being paraphrased on Twitter Jinxy. You've made it boy, you've made it, proud day for the parish.

https://twitter.com/KCsixtyseven/status/1011563225425596416
That's very poor journalism.
Right now the board has
250 Guests, 93 Users (9 Hidden)
I wonder how many non-users are journalists

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 12:09:46 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on June 26, 2018, 12:08:12 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 12:06:44 PM
While we're on the subject of Twitter, somebody made an interesting point on it earlier, although we may be getting into conspiracy-theory territory a bit.
Cavan can't play at home because of the pitch upgrade and they're drawn at home.
Kildare can play at home (in the CCCs eyes) unless they are drawn against a team with a big travelling support and they are drawn at home against Mayo.
Now, we suddenly have a double-header in Croke Park, which would otherwise be empty this weekend.
Coincidence?

Does Jim Corr have any thoughts on who we should play midfield? 🤔

Andrea & Sharon.
They'd Runaway with it

I'll get me coat

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Rossfan

Cavan can't play at home because of the pitch upgrade and they're drawn at home.
Kildare can play at home (in the CCCs eyes) unless they are drawn against a team with a big travelling support and they are drawn at home against Mayo.
Now, we suddenly have a double-header in Croke Park, which would otherwise be empty this weekend.
Coincidence?
Nail on head buck.

I can see the logic  €€€€€ there but surely there would have been phone calls to Co Chairmen first and maybe some arm twisting attempted on the Kildare Chair before fixing the 2 games?
It seems to have been a unilateral decision by the 4Cs which has gone tits up as a result.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

mrdeeds

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on June 26, 2018, 12:12:00 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 12:09:46 PM
Quote from: macdanger2 on June 26, 2018, 12:08:12 PM
While we're on the subject of Twitter, somebody made an interesting point on it earlier, although we may be getting into conspiracy-theory territory a bit.
Coincidence?

Does Jim Corr have any thoughts on who we should play midfield? 🤔

Andrea & Sharon.
They'd Runaway with it

I'll get me coat

The football would leave you breathless.

Crete Boom

Quote from: sid waddell on June 26, 2018, 12:02:16 PM
Perhaps the GAA's line about potential hooliganism in Newbridge came from a simple misunderstanding when somebody made a throwaway comment about Mayo being a shower of bottlers?

The guards are well prepared for any trouble with the snackbox system to be deployed as the below video explains,
https://youtu.be/A2P8QubDT5c

Crete Boom

Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 12:08:39 PM
Quote from: Crete Boom on June 26, 2018, 11:59:46 AM
Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 11:57:16 AM
It's interesting how Cavan, and by extension Tyrone, have reacted quite happily to their game being moved to Croke Park.
I don't think people outside Leinster understand that plenty of us are sick of the sight of it and all it has come to represent in recent years.

You are being paraphrased on Twitter Jinxy. You've made it boy, you've made it, proud day for the parish.

Is this a breach of my intellectual property rights?

Being from Meath I would say you would have to drop the intellectual part if you went to court! ;D

Something was said, not good...

;D ;D ;D

Stall the Bailer

Well done so far Kildare, hold your nerve. Moving the goalposts by cccc is just wrong. Proud of the Gaels in Kildare, but ashamed of the suits at headquarters. The more they say the worse it looks for them.

Jinxy

Itchy

Cavan got a home game. If our pitch would not have been under construction then the game would have gone ahead in Breffni. You see our small county with 70k people spent our money developing our ground so that it could hold a game of a decent size.

Kildare with 400k population spent their money elsewhere, only they can say where.

Tyrone have nothing to do with this, they are the away team and will go wherever they are told by Cavan.

In this instance Cavan took the opportunity to experience croke park again as we dont get there too often. Simple really.

Jinxy

Mayo happy to play 'wherever we're told to go'
https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2018/0626/973307-mayo-happy-to-play-wherever-were-told-to-go/

Watery enough but probably wise not to add fuel to the fire.

sid waddell

Don't Forget Your Shovel
by Ned Quinn

Don't forget your shovel if you want to go to work
Oh don't forget your shovel if you want to go to work

Or you'll end up where you came from like the rest of us
Digging, digging, digging. Ow di liddle do.

And don't forget your shoes and socks and shirt and tie
And all
Don't forget your shoes and socks and shirt and tie and all
Mr Milton's afraid you'll make a claim if you take a fall
How's it goin' – Not too bad – Ow di liddle do

And we want it played in Croker but we're always diggin' holes
We want it played in Croker but we're always diggin' holes
Ye want it played in Newbridge but we're always diggin' holes
Well there's one thing you can say – we don't know where we are going.
Any chance of a match – No – OK – Ow di liddle do

And if ye want to do it – we're going to take our ball
If ye want to do it – ye can raise it in the Dail
But ye won't be playin' a football match at all

There's a jacks up in the corner where they won't see you at all.
Mind your flourbags.

The Gah will give us a job, diggin' our way to Annascaul
And when we're finished diggin' the hole will be deeper and all

Now there's six thousand five hundred and fifty-nine Lillies over there in Newbridge all trying to see the football
and very few of them boys is going to see anything at all
– I think that's terrible.

Oh, don't forget your shovel if you want to go to work
Or you'll end up where you came from like the rest of us
Digging, digging, digging. Ow di liddle doooooooooooooh

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Itchy on June 26, 2018, 12:20:32 PM

Cavan got a home game. If our pitch would not have been under construction then the game would have gone ahead in Breffni. You see our small county with 70k people spent our money developing our ground so that it could hold a game of a decent size.

Kildare with 400k population spent their money elsewhere, only they can say where.

Tyrone have nothing to do with this, they are the away team and will go wherever they are told by Cavan.

In this instance Cavan took the opportunity to experience croke park again as we dont get there too often. Simple really.

Close to €200m has been spent on the Curragh Racecourse, Punchestown Racecourse and Naas Racecourse in the last 10 years, horse-racing is the biggest sport in Kildare. But then we know you know very little about other sports already  ;)

What kind of stupidity allows you to re-construct a stadium in peak season. Was it the cheap option?
#newbridgeornowhere

Taylor

Quote from: Jinxy on June 26, 2018, 12:19:47 PM
Kildare press conference at 5pm.

Surely the f**k they cant blink first??

Too much support behind them at this stage to back down.

Will be a watershed moment in the association if they stand their ground.

More than likely a statement that they are prepared to go down the legal route