Price of a Pint

Started by toby47, October 13, 2021, 09:46:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 16, 2022, 12:51:22 PM
Quote from: oakleaflad on June 16, 2022, 12:27:40 PM
Going to be in Dublin shortly with a few relatives doing some touristy type things. Where's decent for a few pints in or near the city centre that's reasonable as Dublin prices go?

Plenty of talk about the price of a pint in Belfast but you'd be hard push to find a cheap pint in Dublin, especially south of the Liffey, plenty of put that I like O'Donoghues Bar, McDaids good few on or near Dame street Keoghs pub good old fashioned pub..

Ah, need to get down for some Guinness soon
Dublins always been known to be dear for a pint though, Belfast seems to have went totally bonkers price wise since lockdown.

rosnarun

i was charge €3.50 for a ballygowan and a dash,
pints seem cheap next to that
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Franko

https://www.newsletter.co.uk/business/consumer/a-triple-threat-to-the-hospitality-sector-warns-chief-executive-3739573

As expected

Colin Neill has the begging bowl out again

'Intervention is needed' he says.

::)

In 2021, in the middle of a pandemic, when hospitality was supposedly 'on it's knees', the Beannchor Group posted net profits of over 1.8million.

This represents a net margin of over 14% (gross margin over 80%)

Insane numbers.

Can't wait for 2022's accounts.

trailer

Saw your man from Mourne Seafood Bar on the TV last night complaining about drug use in Belfast outside his establishment. It felt like he just didn't want a hostel for vulnerable people beside his restaurant.

nrico2006

Quote from: trailer on June 23, 2022, 10:00:46 AM
Saw your man from Mourne Seafood Bar on the TV last night complaining about drug use in Belfast outside his establishment. It felt like he just didn't want a hostel for vulnerable people beside his restaurant.

Neither would most of us.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Milltown Row2

There shouldn't be hostels for drug/alcoholics in the centre of a busy Belfast centre
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 23, 2022, 10:28:50 AM
There shouldn't be hostels for drug/alcoholics in the centre of a busy Belfast centre

So where do they go? Residential areas?

gallsman

Quote from: Franko on June 23, 2022, 12:47:27 AM
https://www.newsletter.co.uk/business/consumer/a-triple-threat-to-the-hospitality-sector-warns-chief-executive-3739573

As expected

In 2021, in the middle of a pandemic, when hospitality was supposedly 'on it's knees', the Beannchor Group posted net profits of over 1.8million.

Insane numbers.

"Have to to close some days to give staff some well deserved rest"

Eh, hire more staff?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Baile Brigín 2 on June 23, 2022, 10:40:34 AM

I don't know, I'm not paid to look after this problem, what I do know is having drug addicts lying in the middle of shopping centers or high streets or out in front of the fast food places where kids are with their parents shooting up is not on. maybe you're ok with that in Dublin, but having worked in Belfast for many years and seeing it first hand, its not how you bring people back into the town after the pandemic..

The problem needs to be addressed at source proper money put into rehabilitation and aftercare.. just putting them all together in hostels and hoping that it goes away won't work
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

There are a few down by the docks in belfast.

toby47

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 23, 2022, 11:43:16 AM

I don't know, I'm not paid to look after this problem, what I do know is having drug addicts lying in the middle of shopping centers or high streets or out in front of the fast food places where kids are with their parents shooting up is not on. maybe you're ok with that in Dublin, but having worked in Belfast for many years and seeing it first hand, its not how you bring people back into the town after the pandemic..

The problem needs to be addressed at source proper money put into rehabilitation and aftercare.. just putting them all together in hostels and hoping that it goes away won't work

Out the front of the McDonalds on Donegal place is madness this weather.

Baile Brigín 2

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 23, 2022, 11:43:16 AM

So if they aren't in the city they are in the suburbs. And there are a lot more kids there.

Milltown Row2

Didn't realise town centres are adult only

Tony Baloney

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 23, 2022, 10:03:30 AM
Quote from: trailer on June 23, 2022, 10:00:46 AM

Neither would most of us.
Absolutely and I would feel mightily aggrieved if my business was there for years and these drop-in centres etc. were opened up beside me. That wee square has turned into a right kip (as has a lot of Belfast city centre) so I'm sure he, and other business owners, are wondering what they are getting for their hefty city centre business rates. Belfast is bogging.

general_lee

Quote from: Franko on June 23, 2022, 12:47:27 AM

As expected

Insane numbers.

Probably a bit unfair to base this on one the biggest hospitality groups in Ireland (and when you break it down 1.8m isn't that much across 20 odd outlets)

What were once two popular bar/restaurants near me are down to a 4 day week because it isn't financially viable to open Monday-Wednesday. The cost of cooking oil, poultry, fish, fuel, fresh produce is continually going up. Colin Neill is insufferable but he's just lobbying on behalf of his industry.