European athletic championships

Started by imtommygunn, July 28, 2010, 06:47:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Anyone following this?

Some potential in the Irish team - Gillick in the 400m and I guess Dervla O'Rourke are in with big medal shouts.

Jason Smyth, the paralympian 100m runner from Derry, has been doing well off late too an is in the semis today.

Also a silver in the world junior last sunday for a young, former, camogier from portaferry wasn't bad going.

muppet

Gillick won his semi and looks a good bet for silver at least.

Smyth ran a great race, I think he was 5th or possibly 6th.

Cuddihy 4th in the 400m and is waiting on a fastest loser slot but it doesn't look good.

RTE not really doing a great job hence my lack of knowledge on the above despite having watched the races in question.

Edit: Smyth was 4th and could make it as a fastest loser.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Ailis McSweeney (Brian Cullen's girlfriend according to Eamon Coghlan) qualified for the 100m semi-finals.
MWWSI 2017

imtommygunn

Don't think Smyth made the final. Pity but good going for a boy they say can't even see the finish line so won't win dip finishes.

Gillick looks strong for a medal. Hopefully he'll get gold but I think his main opponent is pretty string so silver it may be.

muppet

David McCarthy qualified for the 800m semi-finals despite getting shouldered out of the lead.
MWWSI 2017

imtommygunn

Eamon Coughlan says he's not aggressive enough and should have punched your man in the face :D

muppet

Gillick about to go in the 400m Final on RTE 2.

MWWSI 2017

muppet

Blanket finish but outside the medals.
MWWSI 2017

Capt Pat

He wasn't as fast as the others, nothing else to report.

muppet

Unusually slow start for Derval but easily into the final.
MWWSI 2017

Cosmo Kramer

Quote from: muppet on July 31, 2010, 06:06:51 PM
Unusually slow start for Derval but easily into the final.

12.77 without her usual bounce out of the blocks - she could do some damage here. My absolute favourite Irish athlete ever, if some of the others had her attitude and commitment we'd win a bag load of medals at this level.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Cosmo Kramer

2nd semi slower as well, she's well in the mix here.
A few Mayo GAA videos if anyone is interested - www.youtube.com/CosmoKramer100

Hardy

She's 7.6 on Betfair. Had a little punt.

TacadoirArdMhacha

As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

muppet

MWWSI 2017