FAI...New Manager Hunt continues

Started by CĂșig huaire, November 19, 2009, 01:34:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Decent result and some positive signs. Interesting to see what team he picks on Wed. Presumably if Whelan is fit he'll drop McCarthy as he's only a linear passer ;)

rodney trotter

Brady and Dunphy clashing again after the match, for those who didn't see it http://t.co/r7nyJrNHQV

mylestheslasher

Big over-reaction to that match last night. Swedan are just as mediocre as us and if we had a bit of ambition we could have won that game easily enough but of course we played for a draw. I expect we will do the same against Austria.

From the Bunker

We won't be playing for a draw v Austria, cos we are at home. A premiership back four last night (minus Dunne). Long time since we had that! We are a group of average to middlin players who are punching well above our weight

rodney trotter

Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 23, 2013, 09:20:09 AM
Big over-reaction to that match last night. Swedan are just as mediocre as us and if we had a bit of ambition we could have won that game easily enough but of course we played for a draw. I expect we will do the same against Austria.

What would be the point in playing for a draw at home against Austria. Ireland are currently 4th in the table, its the 3pts Ireland need on Tuesday.

Ireland would have taken the draw last night beforehand, hence why they selected Green to srap and win possesion. Hoolahan was brought on to late.

Itchy

Quote from: rodney trotter on March 23, 2013, 12:01:58 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on March 23, 2013, 09:20:09 AM

What would be the point in playing for a draw at home against Austria. Ireland are currently 4th in the table, its the 3pts Ireland need on Tuesday.

Ireland would have taken the draw last night beforehand, hence why they selected Green to srap and win possesion. Hoolahan was brought on to late.

There would be no point but that doesn't mean trap won't have them playing a ultra cautious game and bring on attacking subs with 2 mins left.

Declan

Conor Sammon and Glenn Whelan have been named in the Ireland team for tomorrow's World Cup qualifier against Austria in Dublin.
Sammon and Whelan will replace Robbie Keane and Paul Green - the only changes from the side that secured a valuable 0-0 away draw with Sweden in Stockholm on Friday.
Keane misses out on the vital qualifer with a calf strain picked up in the clash with Sweden.
Whelan missed last week's clash with an ankle knock but has recovered sufficiently to be named in the starting team in place of Green.
Marc Wilson is tentatively named in the side at left-back. However Wilson remains a doubt with a groin injury; if he fails to recover in time, Stephen Kelly will start.
John O'Shea will captain the side in Keane's absence.
Ireland XI to play Austria: Forde, Coleman, O'Shea, Clark, Wilson, Walters, Whelan, McCarthy, McClean, Sammon, Long.

Jesus - Trap is some man

Billys Boots

QuoteJesus - Trap is some man

He makes Dunphy look as accommodating as Gandhi - he must be planning a Dresden-like attack on the Austrians, not much football anyway.  We'll be pining for Charlton soon. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Denn Forever

That team looks ok.  At least McCarthy remains.

Who's not there that should be?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

randomtask

Im really getting sick of this anti trapattoni bulls*it. If you look at the cold hard facts, the results he has given us are fantastic. Euros aside where came came up against three excellent teams. He has named a very strong team in my opinion for the next game (sammon aside). If we win we will still be in a strong position to qualify. Trappatoni gets so much abuse from the newspapers and social media, but he has done nothing but delivery results, and i have great faith he will continue to do so against the mighty Austrians. Viva la Trapp

rodney trotter

Quote from: randomtask on March 25, 2013, 04:40:39 PM
Im really getting sick of this anti trapattoni bulls*it. If you look at the cold hard facts, the results he has given us are fantastic. Euros aside where came came up against three excellent teams. He has named a very strong team in my opinion for the next game (sammon aside). If we win we will still be in a strong position to qualify. Trappatoni gets so much abuse from the newspapers and social media, but he has done nothing but delivery results, and i have great faith he will continue to do so against the mighty Austrians. Viva la Trapp

Do you not think he bringS it on himself, with the way he communicates with players in the Squad. More or less running down James McCarthy last week, saying he wasn't a creative player and more of a work horse, sending a text to Doyle last week, a player who has been in the squad 7 years deserved a phone call. Endless stuff, he has done a great job getting the results but its more or a mini miracle as he has fallen out with far too many players.

3 players playing tomorrow weren't even at the Euros ,he had to call them up at some stage, McGlean didn't kick a ball at the Euro's. Viva la Trapp indeed.

AZOffaly

I'm up in Dublin. Thinking of heading along for a gander if tickets can be got.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

randomtask

Quote from: rodney trotter on March 25, 2013, 04:48:52 PM

Do you not think he bringS it on himself, with the way he communicates with players in the Squad. More or less running down James McCarthy last week, saying he wasn't a creative player and more of a work horse, sending a text to Doyle last week, a player who has been in the squad 7 years deserved a phone call. Endless stuff, he has done a great job getting the results but its more or a mini miracle as he has fallen out with far too many players.

3 players playing tomorrow weren't even at the Euros ,he had to call them up at some stage, McGlean didn't kick a ball at the Euro's. Viva la Trapp indeed.

Jesus Rodney they are multi-millionaire international footballers why do you care so much about their apparent mistreatment, they are getting paid enough they should be able to handle it. Kevin Doyle has scored 1 goal in 16 appearances that is pathetic. People were going on like its an outrage hes wasn't on the squad. He is in horrible form, and will be playing league 1 football next year. Why should trap change the ways he manages his players. He is one of the most successful decorated football managers of all time. Do you really think he cares what the Irish media think of his player management techniques? The squad still obviously want to play for him and he has their full backing. Mcclean didn't kick a ball at the euros you say, there is a good reason for that, he was inexperienced and highly overated by the irish media. What has he done for sunderland this season? apart from slabber on twitter? Trap knows better than me, you, Dunphy and all the Irish media put together. That is why he has won so much with a wide variety of teams. I believe that when trap leaves we will then finally be aware of how lucky we are to have him in the first place.

rodney trotter

Quote from: randomtask on March 25, 2013, 05:14:03 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on March 25, 2013, 04:48:52 PM

Jesus Rodney they are multi-millionaire international footballers why do you care so much about their apparent mistreatment, they are getting paid enough they should be able to handle it. Kevin Doyle has scored 1 goal in 16 appearances that is pathetic. People were going on like its an outrage hes wasn't on the squad. He is in horrible form, and will be playing league 1 football next year. Why should trap change the ways he manages his players. He is one of the most successful decorated football managers of all time. Do you really think he cares what the Irish media think of his player management techniques? The squad still obviously want to play for him and he has their full backing. Mcclean didn't kick a ball at the euros you say, there is a good reason for that, he was inexperienced and highly overated by the irish media. What has he done for sunderland this season? apart from slabber on twitter? Trap knows better than me, you, Dunphy and all the Irish media put together. That is why he has won so much with a wide variety of teams. I believe that when trap leaves we will then finally be aware of how lucky we are to have him in the first place.

I am aware they are earning millions, that isn't the point. Ireland needs whatever players are available, not affording to let players go by the wayside. That is clearly obvious. McGlean might have been inexperienced but he was in good form going into the Euros. I know he his form has been patchy this seaons but at that time he was in great form, had a good game against Sweden

Maybe bringing on Green who had no club ahead of Darren Gibson was justified aswell....

When Trap goes , I believe there won't be so much turmoil and a overall better team spirit.