Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

everymanaman

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 12, 2012, 12:40:04 PM
Got a decent win over Brocagh yesterday, but I'd say without any deliberate playing down that we'll be up against it with Galbally in the Div 2/3 play-off this Saturday. As I mentioned in the state of Tyrone club football thread this time last year, since the three league divisions were reintroduced no side from the junior end has won the Div 2/3 play-off and last year's between Strabane and Dungannon was won comfortably by Strabane. The only stat going in Fintona's favour is that in their three past interdivisional play-offs, they've all resulted in the junior team being promoted (89 vs. Drumragh, Fintona relegated. '95 vs. Greencastle, Fintona promoted. 2004 vs. Brackaville, Fintona promoted).

I think you'll find that that Fintona were relegated in 1991 when they lost to Drumragh (who were then in Div 3) Were Fintona and Greencastle not both in Division 3 in 1995? Recall Drumragh beating Greencastle after extra time in the Div 2/3 play-off that year?

everymanaman

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 12, 2012, 03:56:02 PM
Quote from: everymanaman on November 12, 2012, 03:41:42 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on November 12, 2012, 12:40:04 PM
Got a decent win over Brocagh yesterday, but I'd say without any deliberate playing down that we'll be up against it with Galbally in the Div 2/3 play-off this Saturday. As I mentioned in the state of Tyrone club football thread this time last year, since the three league divisions were reintroduced no side from the junior end has won the Div 2/3 play-off and last year's between Strabane and Dungannon was won comfortably by Strabane. The only stat going in Fintona's favour is that in their three past interdivisional play-offs, they've all resulted in the junior team being promoted (89 vs. Drumragh, Fintona relegated. '95 vs. Greencastle, Fintona promoted. 2004 vs. Brackaville, Fintona promoted).

I think you'll find that that Fintona were relegated in 1991 when they lost to Drumragh (who were then in Div 3) Were Fintona and Greencastle not both in Division 3 in 1995? Recall Drumragh beating Greencastle after extra time in the Div 2/3 play-off that year?
Might have been 91 all right, it was certainly a while back.
Fintona vs. Greencastle was definitely 1995. I remember being there myself in Healy Park on a cold December Sunday watching that match. Defeated Killeeshil in a play-off prior to that game.

Definitely 91 where Drumragh beat Fintona in Carrickmore- Drumragh beat Greencastle in 95 which meant Fintona had to play Greencastle all right

Club Rossa

I see the U-21 cship starts this Saturday.

everymanaman

Quote from: Club Rossa on November 13, 2012, 09:01:24 AM
I see the U-21 cship starts this Saturday.

Have to applaud the fixture makers here for making a head start on next year's U21. A bit of foresight which is long overdue ;D

winghalfback

Who will win under 21 games this weekend? who are the teams to watch?

theticklemister

i couldnt believe galbally was in the div 2 relegation so i just checked the league there on tyrone website!what happened them? were they not senior last year? some set up down there.

winghalfback

Quote from: theticklemister on November 16, 2012, 08:36:09 PM
i couldnt believe galbally was in the div 2 relegation so i just checked the league there on tyrone website!what happened them? were they not senior last year? some set up down there.

no they were intermediate last year also beat in the intermediate championship final by kildress who subsequently went back down this year. They were however in senior football in 2010. Think they have had a tough few years with people heading over seas and major injuries to their main players

KIDDO 4

Dromore 0.10, Omagh 0.2,  u21 competition , Gardrum Park this afternoon

gardrumchum

Quote from: KIDDO 4 on November 17, 2012, 03:36:41 PM
Dromore 0.10, Omagh 0.2,  u21 competition , Gardrum Park this afternoon

Fantastic result today to beat the reigning Ulster champions. Who are the omagh managers this year?

Timo_Cruz

is it true omagh are missin ronan o'neill, conor clarke, conan grugan and cormac o'neill?  :o

randomtask

Quote from: Timo_Cruz on November 17, 2012, 04:28:41 PM
is it true omagh are missin ronan o'neill, conor clarke, conan grugan and cormac o'neill?  :o

Its true, also missing turlough gallagher. Very disappointing end for this team in youth football. They have delivered so much success and happy days for Omagh St.Endas over the last decade. Hopefully they can move on and deliver some more happy days for the seniors in years to come.

Tommo2

I kno ronan oneill is injured, but where r the others?

Timo_Cruz

found work in australia apparently. something needs to be done about this to stop more promising talents from leaving

gardrumchum

Welcome to the board Timo_excuzes

Timo_Cruz

excuses* good to see the intelligence in dromore hasn't changed anyway  ;D