The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Playoff!
Feck it I wanted to go to bed!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

screenexile

2 Northern Irishmen leading the 2 biggest tournaments of the year coming into the last day and both blew up completely . . . are we the Mayo of the golfing world??

Bogball XV

Quote from: screenexile on May 16, 2011, 12:07:18 AM
2 Northern Irishmen leading the 2 biggest tournaments of the year coming into the last day and both blew up completely . . . are we the Mayo of the golfing world??
was that the national league or the connacht championship that Clarkey won today?

Don't think it's fair to say that Gmac blew up, never really had the cushion or time to reflect on the lead the way Rory did.  Gmac's been playing shite, so one or two pieces of bad luck and his game went back to what it's been for the past 2/3 months.  Also, when you've got to chase things can go badly wrong.

Orior

Ulster Four-Ball compettion is for 17 handicappers and above.

I've played in this event for 5 years now and my club has never got past the first round. Can anyone else improve on that?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

laoislad

I see Tiger has dropped out of the Top 10 in the World rankings for the first time in 14 years.
Harrington is down to 48th...I bet he wishes he never messed with his swing after winning his majors.

laoislad

Quote from: laoislad on April 11, 2011, 07:33:48 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on February 16, 2011, 09:22:39 PM
Haha, no hiace here Laois Lad, I've never got my hands dirty in my life!

Malone is where the bigwigs of Belfast society play. They don't particularly need visitors, and they've got an old style green jacket brigade who'll watch your every move from you enter the grounds until you tee off, to make sure you're worthy.

In truth, this shouldn't affect your experience, once you get out and about it's one if the most pleasant walks you'll ever enjoy, and the clubhouse grub is good. But if you're one of those fellas who gets unsettled by watching eyes, you could leave here feeling paranoid and upset!

I'm not that kind of person by the way.

Dunmurry, I haven't been there in 10 years and should really give it another rattle. I thought the pro was one of the biggest arseholes I've ever come across - but that may have had something to do with my studentish demeanour. My overriding memory of that round was dagger eyes everywhere.

Dunmurry booked.
Tony Baloney and Minder coming along for the craic.
Tony wants to bring the wife but I had to but a stop to that as Minder told me he fancies her so strictly Golf,beer and steak.

Had great weekend playing Golf. 14 of us in the end made it.
Great bit of craic would defo go up da dirty North again to play.

A friend of mine just bought a house near Aughnacloy,he was saying there is a golf course near him. Has anyone played there?

sammymaguire

There is a 9 hole course in Aughnacloy, not played on it but as most 9 hole golf courses go, probably a pure waste of time. 18 hole in Dungannon, Omagh and Armagh as far as I know which are all within half an hour or so
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

leaveherinsir

Quote from: sammymaguire on May 23, 2011, 08:41:07 PM
There is a 9 hole course in Aughnacloy, not played on it but as most 9 hole golf courses go, probably a pure waste of time. 18 hole in Dungannon, Omagh and Armagh as far as I know which are all within half an hour or so
As a member of a nine hole course, thats a bit harsh. Better to have nine good holes than 18 average ones. Never played Aughnacloy so cant comment on it. Dungannon nothing special, Armagh ok, never played Omagh
Quote from: Orior on May 23, 2011, 02:49:36 PM

I've played in this event for 5 years now and my club has never got past the first round. Can anyone else improve on that?
No but i can give a worse case scenario. My club won at home this year, 5-0 and 22 holes up. They lost away 5-0 and 22 holes down. And then lost on the 3rd tie hole! My mate was the team captain, he's took some stick. sure its always the manager's fault isnt it!

Orior

Quote from: leaveherinsir on May 24, 2011, 09:43:57 PM
Quote from: Orior on May 23, 2011, 02:49:36 PM

No but i can give a worse case scenario. My club won at home this year, 5-0 and 22 holes up. They lost away 5-0 and 22 holes down. And then lost on the 3rd tie hole! My mate was the team captain, he's took some stick. sure its always the manager's fault isnt it!

Ha! Bet he had to rewrite his victory speech!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

thewobbler

Heading to K Club Smurfit on Sunday. I hear it's a beast, which should be amusing.

sammymaguire

Let us know how you get on and stick up a wee report and a few pics for us will ya?

How much is a round there?
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

muppet

Quote from: thewobbler on May 27, 2011, 11:14:03 PM
Heading to K Club Smurfit on Sunday. I hear it's a beast, which should be amusing.

Good course, ignorant staff.

I rather beat myself with a 3 wood than give them money.
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

Quote from: muppet on May 28, 2011, 10:56:14 AM

Would they be still nowadays?
The staff in the Heritage in Laois use to be the same,they didn't want anyone that wasn't driving a 5 series BMW or similar.
All changed now though they email and text you offers now.

muppet

Quote from: laoislad on May 28, 2011, 11:29:58 AM

The staff in the Heritage in Laois use to be the same,they didn't want anyone that wasn't driving a 5 series BMW or similar.

They might have changed alright but I'd still rather give my money to Druids Glen (better course and great staff) or Mount Juliet.
MWWSI 2017

laoislad

Quote from: muppet on May 28, 2011, 12:46:12 PM
Quote from: laoislad on May 28, 2011, 11:29:58 AM

They might have changed alright but I'd still rather give my money to Druids Glen (better course and great staff) or Mount Juliet.

Druids Glen is the best I have played in Ireland.
I have a brother in law who works in Mount Juillet so we get cheap enough green fees,wouldn't like the course as much as Druids Glen though.