The Official Golf Thread

Started by laoislad, December 28, 2006, 07:07:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Throw ball

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 08, 2011, 09:57:40 PM
Quote from: Orior on May 08, 2011, 09:35:41 PM
Harrington in trouble again with the authorities. He looks raging!
Will someone please explain the rules to the clown.

Do not think knowing the rules is the problem. Obviously someone has a dislike for him. As a regular golfer I would say that you will normally notice if another player is in front of the marker. The fact that neither Phil nor the caddies said anything at the time would suggest that nothing was wrong. Harrington's obvious anger at the incident would suggest that he think's that someone has it in for him.

Orior

Quote from: Throw ball on May 09, 2011, 12:57:56 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 08, 2011, 09:57:40 PM
Quote from: Orior on May 08, 2011, 09:35:41 PM
Harrington in trouble again with the authorities. He looks raging!
Will someone please explain the rules to the clown.

Do not think knowing the rules is the problem. Obviously someone has a dislike for him. As a regular golfer I would say that you will normally notice if another player is in front of the marker. The fact that neither Phil nor the caddies said anything at the time would suggest that nothing was wrong. Harrington's obvious anger at the incident would suggest that he think's that someone has it in for him.

I liked the bit where Paddy said he was not gonna become the martyr again. In other words, shove it up your arse.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Tony Baloney

It's a strange sport that allows armchair officials to make the calls. Some of the rules are a bit peculiar all the same.

Rossie11

TPC In Sawgrass with its famous par 3 17th starts today.
No McIlroy or Westwood but everyone else of note tees up.

Favourites are Donald, Woods and Phil all 16/1.

Good luck picking a winner. Tim Clark 100/1 beat Allenby 80/1 and Glover 150/1 last year.

Lot of people are getting behind Sergio @ 60/1 in the hope of an emotional win given the week just passed
He could go close but think 60s is a big short given the value elsewhere.

I have gone for a
Kaymer 45/1
Furyk 50/1
Zach  75/1
Romero  120/1
Verplank 160/1
Jacobson 170/1

Who's everyone backing?

Presume Laois lad will be throwing more of his cash down the well that is Paul Casey??
66/1

whitegoodman

I went for Mickelson, Garcia and Harrington.  All 3 have history at the course, Garcia is on the way back, harrington found a bit of form last wk and Phil is due a big win......................

3 missed cuts it is then!!

thewobbler

Kuchar and Crane, £2 e/w. Poulter £1 e/w.

Big spender.

heganboy

woods is into fav at 14s

Could be interesting as I dont think he's in the spotlight on this one, maybe a bit less pressure. Bubba Watson is a reasonably close friend and he was opining that woods was daft tinkering with his swing. Didnt go over to well...
Be interesting to see if he has his touch back, was saying that as he had been woring onthe new full swing his short game suffered from lack of practice, and its fairly evident that the putter is cold.
I think this will be a great weekend's golf
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

laoislad

Quote from: Rossie11 link=topic=909.msg958434#msg958434
Who's everyone backing?

Presume Laois lad will be throwing more of his cash down the well that is Paul Casey??
66/1
Have you no work to be doing! Mock me all you want, ill have the last laugh when Im collecting my winnings!

I won a pile on Garcia when he won this a few years ago so will put some on him aswell, also maybe Luke Donald. Is Fowler in the line up? Might stick something on him too.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Rossie11

Triple bogey for woods +4 after 4.

Puckoon

16-1/14-1 must be the biggest price for Woods in recent history, is it not?

Why so high?

Rossie11

Woods after withdrawing injured.

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

AZOffaly

Quote from: Denn Forever on May 12, 2011, 04:56:36 PM
Knee/achilles trouble.

Nah, he's looking for an excuse to come and play in Tulfarris, since he heard there's 25 women about.

Orior

Did one of the Maguire twins win the Portugese Open by 14 shots?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Declan

Yep - Leona Maguire won the Portuguese Ladies Amateur Championship w by 15 shots in Feb.
As a result she was invited into the professional tournament and went as long as the sister got the invite as well which she did.
See Harrington blew up again