Mayo Club Football.

Started by intoDwest, November 10, 2006, 11:34:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prewtna

Quote from: Davitt Man on June 11, 2007, 09:17:06 AM
Quote from: mayo51 on June 10, 2007, 09:57:03 PM
heard c.mcdonald got sent off today in crossmolinas 1.12 to 1.7 victory over moy davitts.

He was sent off for 2 yellow cards, he was lucky not to get a straight red instead of a yellow for the his first booking when he laid his hands on Declan Corcoran and gave him a little push then in the 2nd half he hit a Moy Davitts player late with and elbow in the back and recieved his marching orders. He didnt impress yesterday, still some way off the pace which is understandable, scored 1 sweet point from play but was well marshalled by young Quinn. All in all Moy Davitts nearly got Cross, at one stage cross were 6 up, the home side missing a few scorable frees and cross getting a couple of soft frees from the ref. MD got it back to 1-8 to 1-7 with 8 mins to go then cross tagged on a couple of points to pull away. They are not the team they once were, ballagh would destroy them id say looking at there results of late

did rooster or b hughes play for moy davitts?

StoneWall

Quote from: Davitt Man on June 11, 2007, 10:17:39 AM
Scoring difference is used for the group stages

This must be new this year as it wasn't used last year.

Davitt Man

Quote from: prewtna on June 11, 2007, 10:34:03 AM
heard c.mcdonald got sent off today in crossmolinas 1.12 to 1.7 victory over moy davitts.

He was sent off for 2 yellow cards, he was lucky not to get a straight red instead of a yellow for the his first booking when he laid his hands on Declan Corcoran and gave him a little push then in the 2nd half he hit a Moy Davitts player late with and elbow in the back and recieved his marching orders. He didnt impress yesterday, still some way off the pace which is understandable, scored 1 sweet point from play but was well marshalled by young Quinn. All in all Moy Davitts nearly got Cross, at one stage cross were 6 up, the home side missing a few scorable frees and cross getting a couple of soft frees from the ref. MD got it back to 1-8 to 1-7 with 8 mins to go then cross tagged on a couple of points to pull away. They are not the team they once were, ballagh would destroy them id say looking at there results of late

did rooster or b hughes play for moy davitts?

No they didnt start, rooster came on in 2nd half and played well, added some strenght to the home side, hughes came on for the last 10mins

prewtna

they are not getting any younger. its a pity cos they r strong as bears. id say brian 'aw jaysus' hughes put his body on the line more times in games then most of the rest of the team put together (except rooster of course!) legends of men! anyway now for the dogfight with ballinrobe.

when are the next round of champo matches?

the Deel Rover

i wouldn't be writing off Cross yet Davitt man i know they didn't play well up in foxford on sunday but in fairness we never  play well there , the week before they played excellent against ballinrobe and looked unstoppable, so really at this stage its all about getting through to the quarter finals and take it from there. there is a myth that this is an old cross team but if you take mc d,jimmy and joe keane out of it the rest are 28 and younger with 4 under 21's who allready have 2 county medals in their back pockets.Ballaghdreen are an excellent football team bit i wouldn't back against cross beating them if they met,there is a fierce determination with this bunch of players and they will give the 3 in a row a good rattle plus some of the older boys are going for their 7th county title,we in cross will never see a team like them again. 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Davitt Man

Quote from: the Deel Rover on June 12, 2007, 09:18:42 AM

i wouldn't be writing off Cross yet Davitt man i know they didn't play well up in foxford on sunday but in fairness we never  play well there , the week before they played excellent against ballinrobe and looked unstoppable, so really at this stage its all about getting through to the quarter finals and take it from there. there is a myth that this is an old cross team but if you take mc d,jimmy and joe keane out of it the rest are 28 and younger with 4 under 21's who allready have 2 county medals in their back pockets.Ballaghdreen are an excellent football team bit i wouldn't back against cross beating them if they met,there is a fierce determination with this bunch of players and they will give the 3 in a row a good rattle plus some of the older boys are going for their 7th county title,we in cross will never see a team like them again. 

The McDonald sending off helped Cross alot more than MD, Cross were on the ropes at that point with MD putting in a big last 20mins to get themwelves within 1 point of Cross but when Mc D went off Cross started playing more direct football letting the ball go long into the full forward line, when McD is there they have to play nearly ever ball through him which slows things up.

the Deel Rover

there was only about 8 minutes left when he got sent off.The mans just back from a long term injury and was awesome the week before against ballinrobe are you saying that cross should drop him ??? ??? ???
Anyway cross haven't done bad for a team that have to play every ball through him then,what do you want them to do have the best passer of a ball in Ireland playing corner forward waiting for the ball to come into him.  i'm sure other clubs wish they had that problem

Crossmolina Deel Rovers

rosnarun

Deel rover do you have the crossmolina/keenagh team that played on sunday. ?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

the Deel Rover

hello rosnarun is it the senior team you want
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Davitt Man

Quote from: the Deel Rover on June 12, 2007, 09:53:40 AM
there was only about 8 minutes left when he got sent off.The mans just back from a long term injury and was awesome the week before against ballinrobe are you saying that cross should drop him ??? ??? ???
Anyway cross haven't done bad for a team that have to play every ball through him then,what do you want them to do have the best passer of a ball in Ireland playing corner forward waiting for the ball to come into him.  i'm sure other clubs wish they had that problem

I didnt say drop him, i just said Cross changed there style of play when he went off, he didnt play well on sunday and as for his cross field balls, well he hit 3\4 stray cross field balls straight to the oppositions hands.

the Deel Rover

thats grand davitt man sure he wasn't the only player to kick the ball astray don't all players kick balls astray not just Ciaran mc,ok he didn't play brilliantly on sunday but he still scored 4 points as i said before this is only the 2nd full match he played in 9 months.What you are saying is cross changed their style of play for 8 minutes and they are now a better team without mc d i don't know how we managed with him in the team for the past 15 years.
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

Davitt Man

Quote from: the Deel Rover on June 12, 2007, 10:47:29 AM
What you are saying is cross changed their style of play for 8 minutes and they are now a better team without mc d i don't know how we managed with him in the team for the past 15 years.

They would be a better team no more than Mayo if they mixed it up a bit, short through Mc D as well as long ball into space in the full forward from half back line. Keep mixing it up..

the Deel Rover

i understand what your saying davitt man and i agree with you to a point especailly with the county team it is goodto mix it.I don't agree with cross been a better team however,winning the all ireland club shows what a great team they have been and to go on and contest another Ai club final and win 3 county titles since that win shows the immense hunger those boys have it also shows that they must be doing something right.Cross don't have big men inside to win the high ball belted in high to them,anyway at this stage Ciaran mc,Joe keane and paul mc guiness have played so much football together Mc D knows where the boys are making their runs and the lads know where mc d is going to hit the ball to.I'd say that from next year on we will probably have to plan without Ciaran Mc anyway as his back is giving him afull problems.He has been and is a great servant to the club and his influence has been immense alsong with the likes of jimmy nallen,tom nallen, johnny leonard the list just goes on as i have said before we in crossmolina will never see the likes of these playes again   
Crossmolina Deel Rovers

rosnarun

if you had all 3 that would be great
do you know are Players confined to one team or can they move up a grade if they are playing well i remeber it used to happen and the juniors could be left very bare at the end of summer . there's double that risk now
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Davitt Man

Quote from: the Deel Rover on June 12, 2007, 12:13:22 PM
I'd say that from next year on we will probably have to plan without Ciaran Mc anyway as his back is giving him afull problems.He has been and is a great servant to the club and his influence has been immense alsong with the likes of jimmy nallen,tom nallen, johnny leonard the list just goes on as i have said before we in crossmolina will never see the likes of these playes again   

Its a pity he is nearly finished, he has been a class act alright, i have seen him do some class things on the field at club level in mayo that no one else is capable of, we will never see the like of him again.

Another thing i thought jimmy nallens legs were gone but feck me he took off and one stage on sunday near the end of the match when Cross badly needed a score,the kickout went over everyone including midfield and half backs and nallen ran onto it and soloed 40 yards and no one could catch him, a simple hand pass to walsh and he fisted over the bar to put Cross 2 up again, that was the score that won it for Cross.

BTW
is there a video or dvd available of the Cross v Nemo all ireland final, the one that cross lost when McD was unreal in 1st half?