Previous topic - Next topic

as per Stars demand Should the GAABOARD Shut Down

YES
16 (24.6%)
NO
23 (35.4%)
no but we sold get Central council /Donaghy's permission for each Post
10 (15.4%)
Did you see I have a basketball camp coming up?
16 (24.6%)

Total Members Voted: 65

Voting closed: February 21, 2020, 09:59:23 AM

rosnarun

Former Kerry Footballer reckons you're all full of crap and has kindly asked for people to desist
should we?
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: Kieran Donaghy
If the GAA was to do one thing, I'd shut down everyone one of those forums

If the GAA can figure out how to and then successfully police the Internet, well - forget about just the amateur sporting context - we will truly have the greatest organisation in the world.

Quote from: rosnarun on February 19, 2020, 09:59:23 AM
Former Kerry Footballer reckons you're all full of crap

In all fairness to Kieran though, I can't argue against a Kerryman being able to spot someone who is full of crap, aithníonn ciaróg ciaróg eile

Taylor

Taylor

BennyCake

Shut down forums but social media is ok? Aye dead on

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: rosnarun on February 19, 2020, 09:59:23 AM
Former Kerry Footballer reckons you're all full of crap and has kindly asked for people to desist
should we?

Aye - yez are all a shower of c**ts  ;D 8)
i usse an speelchekor

seafoid

How many online trolls are there on this site?
Isn't it more of a reference site for journalists rather than a GAA version of 4chan?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

magpie seanie

I read the article. He is mostly correct except the GAA can't really do much. Perhaps it could ask Hoganstand to shut down their forums (mostly toxic and of no use) and clubs/counties but an independent forum like this?

To be honest when I started here it was really informative, very witty and bullshit intolerant. If you came in acting the maggot you got a few slaps to knock the corners off you and on we went. It's still the best place I've found if you're looking for information but the bullshit has largely taken over.

Ultimately I don't know what the answer is. I'm still here I suppose.

caprea

Star's other brainwave was that AFL clubs should compensate clubs for taking their players. Another thing that was completely unenforceable.

Captain Obvious

A insult to the hard working moderators whom filter out the trolls at best they can on here. Ziggysego must be furious with those Kieran Donaghy remarks

imtommygunn

I think in general it's fine though I do find some of the bile directed towards Mickey Harte (by a select few Tyrone people) a bit much and don't know why the perpetrators haven't been banned. That aside there's a bit of slabbering and maybe the odd liverpool man united thing goes a bit far but that's about it.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: magpie seanie on February 19, 2020, 12:52:36 PM
To be honest when I started here it was really informative, very witty and bullshit intolerant. If you came in acting the maggot you got a few slaps to knock the corners off you and on we went. It's still the best place I've found if you're looking for information but the bullshit has largely taken over.

Ultimately I don't know what the answer is. I'm still here I suppose.

That's my sense of it too, although I'm never quite sure if it's also a reflection of me getting older and becoming less tolerant of the BS.

Either way, I'm still here too, so I usually just stay seated with my mouth shut!!   :-X

Million

No.

Social media abuse is a wider societal problem. 'Board abuse' (of which I don't see that much of) will only transfer to other media forms.

The year 2020 - people are so sensitive, just let it fly over your head OR if it's really bothering you go speak to a professional on how to deal with fame and the praise/ criticism that comes along with it.