Well worth a visit. 
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

trailer

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 11, 2019, 01:55:04 PM
Quote from: TabClear on March 11, 2019, 01:33:48 PM
Quote from: playwiththewind1st on March 11, 2019, 01:15:15 PM
Quote from: TabClear on March 11, 2019, 12:51:12 PM
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-47521609

Anyone travelling from Belfast International today? Queued out the door at 8am apparently. A guy in work just landed into the office having been supposed to be in London this morning. He said he arrived over an hour and a half before his flight and had fast track security but missed the flight.

I do a lot of travelling with work and BFS is an absolute joke of an airport in terms of security and the staff are some of the worst I have ever encountered. Compares very unfavourably with Dublin Airport

I flew to Amsterdam on 11 July last year. I arrived before 8 a.m. & security was already queued up right back to departures at that point. Took an hour to get up the stairs & through. If it was known about then,  why hasn't something been done about it or, alternatively, why haven't a few heads rolled for it, if people can't do the job they're paid to do? Mind you, it doesn't help that significant numbers approach airport security like it's the first time in their life they have ever gone through the process.

Agree with this but again the staff dont help. Every other airport you will have people out walking the lines telling people to take of belts/shoes/tablets etc well in advance of getting to the scanners. In BFS the staff seem to take personal pleasure in sending people back to do x or y only after they are walking through the metal detector or put the trays on the conveyor. Either way you are right, why have senior management not sorted this.

A prime example of under investment in both staff and technology.
I would regularly travel from here to Edinburgh and the last time going across I had to apologetically barge my way through the queues otherwise I was missing my flight. Yes, I could have left earlier but I didn't think it would be as bad. I saw a kid of about 3 getting guldered at by a clipboard Nazi as he was skipping under the retractable belt barrier. The kid was only playing about but this hero made a point of coming over and remonstrating with the parents. It's a terrible kip and best avoided.

It's a desperate place. Devoid of any soul.
From the road to it, to the staff, to the security experience, to the 1980s concrete. An awful experience.

Derry should be shut. Belfast City as well but significant investment should be made firstly. New motorway links from Belfast, Derry and the West (Fermanagh, Tyrone) Train and bus links all with a new onsite station. I was going to say upgraded but there is nothing to upgrade. Did you know a journey that should take 45mins on public transport from Dgn to Belfast International takes 2 hours with transfers?
This is something we should really be lobbying our politicians to deliver.

HiMucker

The staff at security at Belfast Int would be at best described as arseholes. I have no evidence of this but they strike me as failed UDA applicants

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on March 11, 2019, 02:06:49 PM
We were in Brussels recently for a weekend
Well worth a visit.

Sorting out Brexit ?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Rois

Anyone travelling from Belfast International today? Queued out the door at 8am apparently. A guy in work just landed into the office having been supposed to be in London this morning. He said he arrived over an hour and a half before his flight and had fast track security but missed the flight.

I do a lot of travelling with work and BFS is an absolute joke of an airport in terms of security and the staff are some of the worst I have ever encountered. Compares very unfavourably with Dublin Airport
It is a horrible place BUT it is a vicious circle, and is suffering from people coming too early for their flights.  I am convinced that if they only let people into the security queue whose flights were leaving in the next, say, 2 hours, the trouble wouldn't be half as bad.  Belfast Intl is the airport for holiday flights, and often infrequent travellers who don't mind being there 4 hours early as they'll start their trip in the restaurants or bar.  The queues have made prudent flyers even more prudent, which results in clogging up security even more at peak times.

Owen Brannigan

Quote from: Rois on March 11, 2019, 07:56:59 PM

It is a horrible place BUT it is a vicious circle, and is suffering from people coming too early for their flights.  I am convinced that if they only let people into the security queue whose flights were leaving in the next, say, 2 hours, the trouble wouldn't be half as bad.  Belfast Intl is the airport for holiday flights, and often infrequent travellers who don't mind being there 4 hours early as they'll start their trip in the restaurants or bar.  The queues have made prudent flyers even more prudent, which results in clogging up security even more at peak times.

Matters are made worse by no one taking supervisory action to alleviate difficulties.  For example this morning's queue could have been made more pleasant by duding it into the bag drop area and keeping people indoors or last Monday managing the through traffic past the queue for McCauslands.  No one in management makes any attempt to  do their job with the public.

seafoid

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 11, 2019, 07:09:10 PM
Quote from: seafoid on March 11, 2019, 02:06:49 PM
We were in Brussels recently for a weekend
Well worth a visit.

Sorting out Brexit ?
Sorting out Gaelic Football in the European Parliament and eating waffles
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

imtommygunn

I read an interesting reply to a thread on twitter talking about high staff attrition saying the replacements were taking ages to get security clearance so they can't do their full duties meaning despite looking like they are fully staffed they aren't.

Dunno how much truth there is in it mind.

It does not look like any management care. They'll care when no one uses the airport. It's only hope is a hard border making it harder to go to Dublin if things don't change. Things only change when people want them to and hard to see evidence of that at present.

Jeepers Creepers

I thought I heard that G4s were taking over so the staff are getting shafted and are on the go-slow??

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

bigfrank

Any help or advice on planning a honeymoon?? Any travel agents you would recommend or people I should talk with for ideas and best prices,thanks

belfastkev

Quote from: bigfrank on March 12, 2019, 06:59:45 PM
Any help or advice on planning a honeymoon?? Any travel agents you would recommend or people I should talk with for ideas and best prices,thanks

We sorted ours through Trailfinders in Belfast. Kenyan safari and Zanzibar. They were great to work with.

David McKeown

Quote from: bigfrank on March 12, 2019, 06:59:45 PM

I'd also recommend Trailfinders. Particularly Sarah Moore in their Belfast branch who was absolutely superb with us.
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

bigfrank

Anyone been to the Maldives may/June time or anything during the 'rainy/wet' season,going by google they happen often enough but pass quickly and it's still always warm. Are they annoying enough to put you off going back during that period??