The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Tipps

African Cup of Nations moved back to January and February next year. Big blow for Liverpool - Salah, Mane and Keita could be missing for up to 6 weeks.

J70

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on January 15, 2020, 02:46:12 PM
African Cup of Nations moved back to January and February next year. Big blow for Liverpool - Salah, Mane and Keita could be missing for up to 6 weeks.

Keita will probably be injured anyway!

Chance for the likes of Minamino though

TabClear

Quote from: J70 on January 15, 2020, 05:07:21 PM

It might actually trigger a sale of Mo/Sadio with the likes of Werner coming in in the summer

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: TabClear on January 15, 2020, 05:09:58 PM

It might actually trigger a sale of Mo/Sadio with the likes of Werner coming in in the summer
Minamino coming in could trigger a sale of Salah or Mane? ;D Werner would have no impact on it as he's a striker.

TabClear

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 15, 2020, 05:16:24 PM

Minamino coming in could trigger a sale of Salah or Mane? ;D Werner would have no impact on it as he's a striker.

No I meant they might cash in on one of Mo/Sadio to RM/Barca/FSG and use the money to buy Werner so they are not without two key front men for such an extended period. Klopp is a big fan of Werner and he is more versatile than just a striker even though its his most effective position. He can play across the front line

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: TabClear on January 15, 2020, 05:37:07 PM

No I meant they might cash in on one of Mo/Sadio to RM/Barca/FSG and use the money to buy Werner so they are not without two key front men for such an extended period. Klopp is a big fan of Werner and he is more versatile than just a striker even though its his most effective position. He can play across the front line
If you are actually saying Klopp would consider getting rid one of those altogether just for the reason they will be out for a maximum of six weeks then you don't know much about football. There's a chance of signing Werner in the summer anyway regardless to give Firmino a bit of competition.

TabClear

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 15, 2020, 05:47:47 PM

If you are actually saying Klopp would consider getting rid one of those altogether just for the reason they will be out for a maximum of six weeks then you don't know much about football. There's a chance of signing Werner in the summer anyway regardless to give Firmino a bit of competition.

It's not all to do with Klopp. You're right that this wouldn't make the club want to sell so "trigger" the sale was the wrong phrase. What I meant is that it would be a factor in any decisions. For example If RM came in for Mane at £150m and the player wanted to go, the club would be more likely to sell knowing they were not going to have him for six weeks that season anyway. If that money can be recycled into a younger player who will be in his prime for 5 years and not affected by AFCON then the club will consider it. No club stands still, Liverpool Will be planning for the post mo/sad/bobby period already and potentially losing key players mid season will impact on these decisions.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: TabClear on January 15, 2020, 06:28:36 PM
Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on January 15, 2020, 05:47:47 PM

It's not all to do with Klopp. You're right that this wouldn't make the club want to sell so "trigger" the sale was the wrong phrase. What I meant is that it would be a factor in any decisions. For example If RM came in for Mane at £150m and the player wanted to go, the club would be more likely to sell knowing they were not going to have him for six weeks that season anyway. If that money can be recycled into a younger player who will be in his prime for 5 years and not affected by AFCON then the club will consider it. No club stands still, Liverpool Will be planning for the post mo/sad/bobby period already and potentially losing key players mid season will impact on these decisions.
I get what you're saying but Liverpool would still tell RM where to go in that situation. I don't think a january AFCON next year would be a major factor in a sale because in 2018 we were missing Mo and Sadio to a January AFCON and we didnt miss them, still secured top 4 and got to a CL final that year. We're able to cope without key players even more so now as we've shown numerous times this season and i expect Liverpool to add even more strength in depth in the summer.

Dire Ear

Liverpool are reportedly preparing a club-record €125million (£107m) bid for Kai Havertz.
Havertz, who has been compared to fellow German Michael Ballack, looks set to leave Bayer Leverkusen this year.
Liverpool are one club who have been linked to him and reports in Germany, as cited by Mundo Deportivo, claim that they will break the bank to get Havertz in the summer and will smash the club-record £75m fee they spent to land Virgil van Dijk.
The Reds have been relatively busy in January, making two signings and loaning out numerous players.
Jurgen Klopp is unlikely to bring in anyone else this month, however.

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

laoislad

Man City 2
Palace 2

Was entertaining last 10 minutes.
Great to see them drop points again,hopefully we can take advantage tomorrow.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Boycey

U try too hard....

Relax and enjoy the ride  :)

From the Bunker

Despite the procession of wins by Liverpool and City slipping up here and there, there is a very small part of me that still gets relief from Citys result today.

I suppose it makes the journey more enjoyable.  ;D

No sign of our former WUM these days. Even he has been been blown away from Klopp and Co.

Kingdom37

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 18, 2020, 05:16:06 PM
Despite the procession of wins by Liverpool and City slipping up here and there, there is a very small part of me that still gets relief from Citys result today.

No sign of our former WUM these days. Even he has been been blown away from Klopp and Co.

The league was sealed once City lost to pool a month ago. City focus this season has always been champions league though can't see them beating Madrid. Liverpool greatest premiership team of all time. Will dominate premiership for next 5 years.

laoislad

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 18, 2020, 05:16:06 PM

Was disgusted when City went ahead after being behind for so long, was definitely relived to see the equaliser go in.
Nothing is won until it is mathematically won.
30 years of waiting and near misses means no one is celebrating yet.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.