The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Main Street on March 11, 2020, 10:45:08 PM
Easily could have been very different for Liverpool tonight but in the end AM deserved their win.

Their goalie is the only player worth more CL football. Personally I thought they where s..t. Needed some great saves and a ropey Adrian to get through. Sometimes the best team loses
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

quit yo jibbajabba

Quote from: J70 on March 11, 2020, 10:42:07 PM
There was only one team winning that until Adrian gifted them the goal.

I thought it was a good performance tonight.
[/quote

This.

These runs have to come to an end sometime, home wins, klopps over 2 legs etc etc.AM were a beaten team until Adrians fcuk up.

Bayerns or Man Citys now?

GiveItToTheShooters

Same old Liverpool. Couldn't finish their dinner and it came back to bite them on the hole. Didn't help with Adrian getting on like a half wit (again) to put it politely. We got what we deserved. Good job we've the league to lift within the next week or so or the last few week would have been viewed as disgraceful, and should be.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 20, 2020, 03:46:48 PM
I agree with all that has been said about the PL but another reality is that it can be won in a matter of weeks. Should we get past Athletico in the second leg, which won't be easy, then the league can be wrapped up before the next round. Why not focus then on winning Big Ears again?

Forget blaming Adrian!

Couldn't find your original post  ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 11, 2020, 11:02:58 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on February 20, 2020, 03:46:48 PM
I agree with all that has been said about the PL but another reality is that it can be won in a matter of weeks. Should we get past Athletico in the second leg, which won't be easy, then the league can be wrapped up before the next round. Why not focus then on winning Big Ears again?

Forget blaming Adrian!

Couldn't find your original post  ;)
What's wrong with what he said?

dublin7

Quote from: GiveItToTheShooters on March 11, 2020, 10:59:27 PM
Same old Liverpool. Couldn't finish their dinner and it came back to bite them on the hole. Didn't help with Adrian getting on like a half wit (again) to put it politely. We got what we deserved. Good job we've the league to lift within the next week or so or the last few week would have been viewed as disgraceful, and should be.
That's just nonsense. That "same old Liverpool" will be league champions this season and have beaten all in front of them in the premier league this season.

The difference tonight was AM had a quality keeper and Liverpool had Adrian. At 2-0 they were gone and were gifted a goal to get them back in front in the tie.

BennyCake

Liverpool's season ending in a bit of a whimper. I'd be disappointing they didn't pick up at least another trophy. Or at least go further in a competition

From the Bunker

Quote from: dublin7 on March 11, 2020, 11:05:30 PM
That's just nonsense. That "same old Liverpool" will be league champions this season and have beaten all in front of them in the premier league this season.

The difference tonight was AM had a quality keeper and Liverpool had Adrian. At 2-0 they were gone and were gifted a goal to get them back in front in the tie.

+1

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: dublin7 on March 11, 2020, 11:05:30 PM

You're talking muck, again.
Yes, 'typical' Liverpool is to play teams off the park but fail to take their chances, and let in stupid goals in return. Happens too often.

From the Bunker

Quote from: BennyCake on March 11, 2020, 11:06:21 PM
Liverpool's season ending in a bit of a whimper. I'd be disappointing they didn't pick up at least another trophy. Or at least go further in a competition

Money decides that the Champions League gets Major Priority over the FA Cup. Last year I'd have been happy with the Premier League or the Champions League. We got the latter. At the beginning of the year I'd have been happy with the Premier League rather than the Champions League. Mission (nearly) Accomplished!

Capt Pat

Adrian cost us tonight but don't forget the first leg and Fabinhos mistake and no away goal were just as costly.

GiveItToTheShooters

Not a big deal at the end of the day. We're gonna wrap the league up against the second best team in English league history who are twenty odd points behind, in March. I'll take that.

laoislad

I just don't get this.
When did "only" winning the Premier League being seen as failure become a thing? Ive never heard it being mentioned any other season.It's very rare for any club to win the League and the Champions League in the same season so why now all of a sudden are people saying this will actually be a disappointing season for Liverpool.Especially when you consider they haven't actually won it for 30 years.
Even more strange is that fact they won the Champions league last season so this season was always going to be about the Premier league.
I really don't think any Liverpool fan will even remember tonight's result when and if Henderson is lifting the Premier league trophy.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

snoopdog

Quote from: laoislad on March 11, 2020, 11:16:03 PM
I just don't get this.
When did "only" winning the Premier League being seen as failure become a thing? Ive never heard it being mentioned any other season.It's very rare for any club to win the League and the Champions League in the same season so why now all of a sudden are people saying this will actually be a disappointing season for Liverpool.Especially when you consider they haven't actually won it for 30 years.
Even more strange is that fact they won the Champions league last season so this season was always going to be about the Premier league.
I really don't think any Liverpool fan will even remember tonight's result when and if Henderson is lifting the Premier league trophy.
Up there with Leicester and Blackburn

laoislad

Quote from: snoopdog on March 11, 2020, 11:19:29 PM
Quote from: laoislad on March 11, 2020, 11:16:03 PM
I just don't get this.
Up there with Leicester and Blackburn
If that makes you happy to think that and it takes the edge off then you keep thinking that lad.

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.