The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Jurgen walks - Stallion vindicated

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

laoislad

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 25, 2018, 08:07:30 AM
What did ye expect when fans organise a stoning of the City bus before the previous game

You don't mess with those Italian ultras
Suppose it won't bother you if an Irishman dies..sure he was a Liverpool fan so f**k him yeah, he probably deserved it .
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Minder on April 25, 2018, 09:07:01 AM
Quote from: TabClear on April 25, 2018, 08:56:38 AM
Quote from: Minder on April 25, 2018, 08:41:27 AM
Henderson has his critics but he was immense last night, as was Wijnaldum when he came on.

Ox could be done for a while if its a ligament. Pity, he was in great form and it leaves us light in midfield now if any of Milner,Hendo or Gigi get injured.

Strange feeling this morning, if you had offered me a 3-1 before the match I would have bit your arm off but feel like we let them off the hook. Lat night and Saturday further emphasized how poor we are at defending a lead when we stop our high tempo, pressing game and let teams come onto us. The likes of TAA, Lovren,Gomez, Karius are always liable to make a mistake. Really hope we do not go to Rome and try to sit back as that will be asking for troubles.

Has there ever been a better individual season by a player in the premier league than Salah? The only ones that I think come close are Suarez in 2013/14 (31 league goals, no penalties and missed 6 games at the start), Ronaldo in 2007/08 or  Henry in 2003/04. Shearer had a coupel of great goalscoring seasons but did nt have the magic that the other players have.

I just think they expended that much energy getting to 5-0 some of them were absolutely fcked, teams at this stage of the champions league are always going to have a few chances.
I think last night further emphasised the need for another wide attacking player in the squad that cann
come on for Salah or mane in those sorts of situations.
If Liverpool have had a player with a bit of pace to bring on for Salah and still offer that threat in behind, i think they could have seen that game out more comfortably.
Danny Ings seems a good lad, and works hard, but i think liverpool lack a player off the bench with a bit of pace and quality.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

AZOffaly

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 25, 2018, 09:15:21 AM
Henderson has his critics but he was immense last night, as was Wijnaldum when he came on.

Ox could be done for a while if its a ligament. Pity, he was in great form and it leaves us light in midfield now if any of Milner,Hendo or Gigi get injured.

Strange feeling this morning, if you had offered me a 3-1 before the match I would have bit your arm off but feel like we let them off the hook. Lat night and Saturday further emphasized how poor we are at defending a lead when we stop our high tempo, pressing game and let teams come onto us. The likes of TAA, Lovren,Gomez, Karius are always liable to make a mistake. Really hope we do not go to Rome and try to sit back as that will be asking for troubles.

Has there ever been a better individual season by a player in the premier league than Salah? The only ones that I think come close are Suarez in 2013/14 (31 league goals, no penalties and missed 6 games at the start), Ronaldo in 2007/08 or  Henry in 2003/04. Shearer had a coupel of great goalscoring seasons but did nt have the magic that the other players have.

I just think they expended that much energy getting to 5-0 some of them were absolutely fcked, teams at this stage of the champions league are always going to have a few chances.
I think last night further emphasised the need for another wide attacking player in the squad that cann
If Liverpool have had a player with a bit of pace to bring on for Salah and still offer that threat in behind, i think they could have seen that game out more comfortably.
Danny Ings seems a good lad, and works hard, but i think liverpool lack a player off the bench with a bit of pace and quality.

I think Klopp got complacent at that point. The change there was probably Moreno on the left, and move Mane over to the right.  At worst it should have been Ings in the centre and Firmino on the right.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 25, 2018, 09:11:55 AM
Henderson was excellent for 70 minutes. He broke up everything Roma tried to do. Made tackles and played good passes to the dangerous players. He tired near the end, and got overrun in the charge of the light brigade stuff that Roma were doing. Henderson gets  a bad rap but I guarantee you people who play with him appreciate him.

Like i said it wasnt on HD! but I do like the player, knows his limits and who to give the ball to..

I may come on and take the piss, but I really do like Like Liverpool and some of their fans ;), great city and have always had good times when staying there over the years.

Mo deserves to win all the top gongs this year and to top it off with a CL title, then hats off to him. Never any negativity about him either, keeps himself to himself and seems very spirtiual which is a pleasant change in football nowadays
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 25, 2018, 09:16:35 AM

I think Klopp got complacent at that point. The change there was probably Moreno on the left, and move Mane over to the right.  At worst it should have been Ings in the centre and Firmino on the right.
Yeah, in hindsight that would have been better alright, but in reality, the players coming on need to be of a higher standard than Moreno and Ings.
I would love liverpool to go after that sessengon lad from fulham, he would have been ideal to spring from the bench last night .
The lack of MF cover is also a worry. henderson and milner ran out of steam a bit in the last 10 minutes after putting in a great shift.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

laoislad

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 25, 2018, 09:23:05 AM

Yeah, in hindsight that would have been better alright, but in reality, the players coming on need to be of a higher standard than Moreno and Ings.
I would love liverpool to go after that sessengon lad from fulham, he would have been ideal to spring from the bench last night .
The lack of MF cover is also a worry. henderson and milner ran out of steam a bit in the last 10 minutes after putting in a great shift.
I wonder can they bring Grujic back from his loan spell early. Not ideal but really left threadbare in midfield if The Ox is out for the rest of the season.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: laoislad on April 25, 2018, 09:33:16 AM

I wonder can they bring Grujic back from his loan spell early. Not ideal but really left threadbare in midfield if The Ox is out for the rest of the season.

Not possible. Read that on the Echo a few weeks ago.

blewuporstuffed

funny i thought the same thing last night.
not sure if he is eligible if the championship season finishes up in time?

blewuporstuffed

Harry Wilson going well for hull as well.
Maybe Woodburn and Curtis jones will see some game time now in the PL

LooseCannon

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on April 25, 2018, 09:35:07 AM

Not possible. Read that on the Echo a few weeks ago.

TAA can play in midfield, it's his actual position.

TabClear

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 25, 2018, 09:38:46 AM

funny i thought the same thing last night.
not sure if he is eligible if the championship season finishes up in time?

He is not named in the Chapions League squad so I am pretty sure he is ineligible. Curtis JOnes (17) and Herbie Kane (19) are included as is Ben Woodburn.

blewuporstuffed

even for the PL games though so they can rest some of milner/henderson/gini

TabClear

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on April 25, 2018, 10:26:18 AM
even for the PL games though so they can rest some of milner/henderson/gini

Not sure when the loan is up. Cardiff have two games left so if they clinched automatic promotion would he be available to return  immediately after the last game? As you say if we made it to Kiev it would be useful to have him against Brighton for the last game, assuming we dont need a win to guarantee fourth!

Armamike

Funny feeling after that game.  5 2 in after the first leg in the semi of the cl is good going in anyone's book.  Disappointing to slip 2 late goals but sometimes the other team scores and the penalty wasn't down to poor defending, just one of those calls that could go either way. Roma got the breaks at the end. On general play they were bate out the gate.  They will have to attack Liverpool now and last night showed that's not a great plan with our front 3 making hay in the space they will leave in their own half. 

Very sorry to hear fans got badly hurt last night and thoughts go to their families who must be going through hell this morning.  Thought those days were consigned to history.
That's just, like your opinion man.

Asal Mor

Quote from: laoislad on April 25, 2018, 09:13:58 AM
Quote from: manfromdelmonte on April 25, 2018, 08:07:30 AM
What did ye expect when fans organise a stoning of the City bus before the previous game

You don't mess with those Italian ultras
Suppose it won't bother you if an Irishman dies..sure he was a Liverpool fan so f**k him yeah, he probably deserved it .
Ultras is a grandiose name for them. Using weapons they bet up a few soft targets, then ran away when a group of Liverpool fans ran at them.