Sigerson 2015

Started by Any craic, January 27, 2015, 10:32:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

QUB 0 -04 v 1-02 Sligo IT at half time.

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

rodney trotter

angermanagement

ck

Superb win for IT Sligo tonight!!

Any craic

Syferus

Well done to ITS. Martin McHugh has proven himself quite a good manager at Sigerson level, and he's already had a big impact since returning to ITS this season.

macdanger2

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 28, 2015, 04:16:51 PM
Quote from: galwayman on January 28, 2015, 03:55:46 PM
Sean O Dea still manager as far as I know. Definitely a shock. I saw GMIT against Galway & though they were missing some players they looked poor.
Fair play though a good win. Two of my own clubmates played well by all accounts
2 or 3 Corofin lads were back for GMIT today clearly made a big difference.

Wtf were the corofin lads playing for?? Would have thought they'd be prepping for the club sf  :o

Sidney

The definition of idiocy: Making players risk serious injury by playing for 80 minutes in treacherous conditions, which to any sane person were unplayable, in a competition which nobody gives a toss about.

tiempo

Quote from: Sidney on January 28, 2015, 11:20:39 PM
The definition of idiocy: Making players risk serious injury by playing for 80 minutes in treacherous conditions, which to any sane person were unplayable, in a competition which nobody gives a toss about.

First part 100% correct, second part less so. Heads sould roll for this game taking place, the ref/competition organisers want to be held to account. Sad to see, thankfully no-one hurt as a result it seems. Thinking back to the Kevin McCloy story of the last week, how would an insurance claim play out had their been one for say a broken leg or whatever. I know frig all about insurance but I'm guessing an insurance company would laugh you out of their office if you came cap in hand for looking a payout with a game played in those conditions.

moysider

Quote from: larryin89 on January 28, 2015, 08:09:19 PM
Quote from: bannside on January 28, 2015, 07:42:21 PM

Regan with 1-1

Jeez the lad seems to be able to handle bad ould conditions. Seems to put in a shift regularly for the Sligo team.
Pity he can t play county football though. James Horan ran him -twice.  Must be a different game. Obviously likes of Mikey Sweeney and Enda Varley would clean up in Sigerson so.

ck

Quote from: Sidney on January 28, 2015, 11:20:39 PM

Would agree on the pitch. I was shocked the game went ahead.
Whilst I think you are being harsh on nobody giving a toss I do think the wider GAA public tend to ignore this competition but I would guess that respect for it remains high

Captain Obvious

I don't think the national newspapers would bother with reports on all these games if nobody gives a toss about this competition.

Zulu

Quote from: moysider on January 28, 2015, 11:39:40 PM
Quote from: larryin89 on January 28, 2015, 08:09:19 PM
Quote from: bannside on January 28, 2015, 07:42:21 PM

Regan with 1-1

Jeez the lad seems to be able to handle bad ould conditions. Seems to put in a shift regularly for the Sligo team.
Pity he can t play county football though. James Horan ran him -twice.  Must be a different game. Obviously likes of Mikey Sweeney and Enda Varley would clean up in Sigerson so.

Plenty of lads have done well in Sigerson without ever being top notch IC players. End Varley was an excellent Sigerson player.

Don't know where the notion that nobody cares about Sigerson came from, plenty do and it is a highly prestigious competition.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Can't understand the bad attitude in some quarters towards the Sigerson. A great competition, with high quality football and footballers involved.
Down here we'd see it as something of a barometer. If a guy can operate well at Sigerson level then he'd be considered a contender for Senior county squad. 8 of last years Kerry team are ex-UCC Sigerson players, 4 ex-CIT, 4 or 5 ex-UL (Jameso for example).

That game in Belfast should never have gone ahead in those conditions..crazy stuff!
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...