Minor Club All-Ireland?

Started by The Doire Geal, November 23, 2009, 12:27:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Doire Geal

should there be a minor all ireland culb championship

No way ref

No way ref

dundrumite

Is there inter provincial club  minor championships in the other provinces? If not there is no reason why not

moysider

No. Beyond impossible. Some county championships already drag into late  Autumn. Sept - April should be for Colleges football.

drici

Soup and baps this Sunday coming.
Better if it's freezing.

drici

12 noon at the Bullets Don't Bluff pitch off Stewartstown Avenue is the scéal at the moment.

under the bar

No definitely not.  Too many games already.   

In fact they should scrap the senior club AI as only counties with no hope of a proper all-ireland like Derry & Armagh take it seriously.

bennydorano

Quote from: drici on November 23, 2009, 01:07:33 AM
12 noon at the Bullets Don't Bluff pitch off Stewartstown Avenue is the scéal at the moment.
Translation? St Paul's pitch?

stevecw

Quote from: dundrumite on November 23, 2009, 12:46:46 AM
Is there inter provincial club  minor championships in the other provinces? If not there is no reason why not

My own club Eire Og in Carlow host the Leinster minor Club tournament every year.
But the GAA won't make it an official Leinster championship, and also for some reason only allow 8 co champions from the 12 counties to take part.

It has been run for last few years and is as close a thing are there is to a real Leinster championship.

Was meant to start last weekend, but weather ruined that.

Leinster Minor Club Tournament 2009

Quarter Finals
Game Date Time Referee
(1) Athy Kildare v Westmeath Champs Sat Nov 21 2pm
(2) St Josephs Louth v Rhode Offaly Sat Nov 21 3.30pm
(3) Palatine Carlow v Dunshaughlin Meath Sun Nov 22 2pm
(4) Killoe Longford v Na Fianna Dublin Sat Nov 28 2pm

Semi Finals
1 v 2 Prov Nov 28 3.30pm
3 v 4 Prov Nov 29 2pm

Final
Prov Dec 5 2pm

imtommygunn

Out of interest how do you determine which 8 counties go in? (well 7 as I assume carlow are in by default...)

The Doire Geal

when is the armagh harps v killian geals game

Hoof Hearted

did they not have an unofficial tournament one year, early 90's ?? . I think Dungiven represented Derry. Maybe i was just dreaming.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

AZOffaly

There was Hoof. We (Ferbane.Belmont from Offaly) won it. We beat Dungiven in the Semi Final, and Mervue from Galway in the Final. They had beaten Nemo Rangers from Cork in their semi.

It was played over Easter Weekend in Belfast (Saint Pauls) 1991.

To qualify we had won the County Championship in 1990 and then played Rathvilly from Carlow, Ballylinan from Laois, Rathnew from Wicklow and Newbridge Sarsfields from Kildare in the Leinster final.

It was a brilliant competition.