Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

High Fielder

Quote from: naka on May 11, 2023, 04:24:57 PM
Quote from: High Fielder on May 11, 2023, 04:17:14 PM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 11, 2023, 04:12:37 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on May 11, 2023, 03:51:52 PM
Quote from: High Fielder on May 11, 2023, 03:43:07 PM
Gallagher has a Residence Order for the 3 children. That says a lot to me. I'm not disbelieving the girl, but those looking to burn Gallagher are premature. There's s lot more to this story than that Facebook post imo

The post from his wife mentioned that she had turned to alcohol, this would clearly be an issue if she was seeking custody of the children.
Yeah the custody thing means nothing in terms of guilty or not

I didn't say it did. But I'm more persuaded by the fact that he has the kids. I don't know anything about the girl. She might be the most genuine person in the world or a woman scorned
That's the point
We don't know the situation
We do know that if RG is on the line all manner of vile abuse will
Be thrown at him in the cauldron of battle
Tv will love the drama

No one will win in this scenario
It's just a desperate situation for all concerned and in that I include the county board

Genuinely on the football side  think Armagh will win
No reasoning just a feeling of confidence !

It's sad for those involved and the kids. Derry CB can't dismiss an innocent man (for that's what he is until proven otherwise) and nor can they legitimately expect him to step aside. He probably should for the sake of his team, but standing firm might also be seen as a declaration of innocence. So much depends on the truth or otherwise of the Facebook post

smelmoth

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 11, 2023, 04:30:38 PM
I wonder would half the lads post the stuff they do on here, if they weren't all hiding behind aliases. Armagh supporters all confident of winning, yet don't know what they base it on, any neutral seems to have Derry edging it.
Where are you even getting that from? Certainly there are going to be a few travelling in confidence but around my part of the county I would most know that we would have to be at our best to win and that Derry are favourites. Only marginally so.

We have had days before where just don't perform and then have to chase the game and get picked off on the break. Derry very well set up to do that sort of job. If the question was "can" we win then the answer absolutely is Yes.

ONeill

I had Derry winning comfortably enough but this week's news adds the unknown now. Not sure how this will affect Derry. Some players might react differently to others.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Eire90

The danger is some drunked up have a go hero might do something

smelmoth

Quote from: High Fielder on May 11, 2023, 04:36:55 PM
Gallagher has a Residence Order for the 3 children. That says a lot to me. I'm not disbelieving the girl, but those looking to burn Gallagher are premature. There's s lot more to this story than that Facebook post imo

The post from his wife mentioned that she had turned to alcohol, this would clearly be an issue if she was seeking custody of the children.

I didn't say it did. But I'm more persuaded by the fact that he has the kids. I don't know anything about the girl. She might be the most genuine person in the world or a woman scorned
That's the point
Tv will love the drama

It's just a desperate situation for all concerned and in that I include the county board

It's sad for those involved and the kids. Derry CB can't dismiss an innocent man (for that's what he is until proven otherwise) and nor can they legitimately expect him to step aside. He probably should for the sake of his team, but standing firm might also be seen as a declaration of innocence. So much depends on the truth or otherwise of the Facebook post

Not strictly true that.

They can ask him if he is guilty. I would go further and say the must ask him if he is guilty. Guilty being even one incidence of domestic violence. If he says Yes then he is immediately dismissed. If if refuses to give a clear statement of innocence then he puts them in the position of having to sack him. If he makes a clear statement of innocence and there are credible grounds to believe him then they can     back him or suspend him pending all the confirmations they require.

armaghniac

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 11, 2023, 04:30:38 PM
Armagh supporters all confident of winning, yet don't know what they base it on, any neutral seems to have Derry edging it.

Derry have shown that they can do it against a good team in the Monaghan game. Armagh people have seen glimpses of what Armagh can do and believe that they too can do it on the day, but are fully aware that they have met nothing so far.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

nrico2006

How would he have got a residence order if the accusations were true?  Surely she would raise any legitimate reasons why he shouldn't have custody and if this happened as frequently as some have speculated, surely the kids would have witnessed something at some point and said so if asked.

On the match, there is no chance he will be managing on Sunday.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

yellowcard

I don't think there is a cat in hells chance he will be on the sideline on Sunday but the vacuum just creates idle speculation.

I don't expect that he will be taking Derry training this week either as his head must be anywhere but a game of football on Sunday. Kick out strategies and zonal defending will be the last thing on his mind this week. Which is desperate timing for Derry their supporters, players and county board. Gallagher, unlike some other management teams which rely on a combined backroom team, was more than the manager, he was the coach. the tactician and the motivator all rolled into one. It will be difficult for Derry to refocus now for Sunday and there will be an eerie feeling in their dressing room in the run up to and on the day of the match itself. Whilst I thought it was 50/50 before this week I'd be confident that this has swung it in Armaghs favour provided that we too don't become distracted. 

High Fielder

Quote from: smelmoth on May 11, 2023, 04:45:35 PM

That's the point
Tv will love the drama

Not strictly true that.

They can ask him if he is guilty. I would go further and say the must ask him if he is guilty. Guilty being even one incidence of domestic violence. If he says Yes then he is immediately dismissed. If if refuses to give a clear statement of innocence then he puts them in the position of having to sack him. If he makes a clear statement of innocence and there are credible grounds to believe him then they can     back him or suspend him pending all the confirmations they require.

I'm writing what I write based on the situation as it stands. At the moment,  these are allegations

smelmoth

Quote from: High Fielder on May 11, 2023, 04:53:27 PM
Quote from: smelmoth on May 11, 2023, 04:45:35 PM

That's the point
Tv will love the drama

Not strictly true that.

I'm writing what I write based on the situation as it stands. At the moment,  these are allegations

So is there a reason why the County Board can't do as I outlined?

Armaghtothebone

Anyone want to take a guess at the curtain raiser in Clones?

Irony.

You couldn't make it up!

AustinPowers

Quote from: gallsman on May 11, 2023, 02:29:10 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on May 11, 2023, 02:08:43 PM
Yes but  That doesn't  mean these allegations are  true.

See now you're moving the goalposts. Nobody on this thread, as far as I can see, has said that the allegations are true or that Gallagher is guilty of anything.

Your point was to ask if you could just make up shit to get someone discredited and removed from their position. The counter to that is that serious allegations from someone close (for example, a wife) have to be taken more seriously than those of any old twat on the internet. Do you not see the difference?

I do see the  difference. But  my point was that trial  by FB sets  a dangerous precedence. 

I didn't really want to  go into this  case ,  but  it  seems odd  that he has custody of  kids , and surely that involved courts/authorities, so  why wasn't  these allegations  made during that process ?

Like I say ,  I really didn't want to  go into this , as it's clearly a delicate issue.  So that's  all I'll say on it.

J70

Quote from: AustinPowers on May 11, 2023, 05:11:42 PM

See now you're moving the goalposts. Nobody on this thread, as far as I can see, has said that the allegations are true or that Gallagher is guilty of anything.

Your point was to ask if you could just make up shit to get someone discredited and removed from their position. The counter to that is that serious allegations from someone close (for example, a wife) have to be taken more seriously than those of any old twat on the internet. Do you not see the difference?

I do see the  difference. But  my point was that trial  by FB sets  a dangerous precedence. 

I didn't really want to  go into this  case ,  but  it  seems odd  that he has custody of  kids , and surely that involved courts/authorities, so  why wasn't  these allegations  made during that process ?

Like I say ,  I really didn't want to  go into this , as it's clearly a delicate issue.  So that's  all I'll say on it.

Come on, are you really that naïve?

Her with an alcohol problem and possibly under threats of additional violence and being cut off completely from her children? You never heard of a similar scenario where a woman was afraid to go public?

Blowitupref

Ulster GAA statement.

Ulster GAA has commented ahead of Sunday's Ulster Senior Football Championship Final in Clones.

In a statement Provincial Secretary and CEO Brian McAvoy urged people travelling to the game to respect the occasion and make it a joyous one for all.

He said; "Clones will be beaming on Sunday with a full capacity St. Tiernach's Park hosting the showpiece game of Gaelic Football calendar in the province. The GAA prides itself on being a community and family organisation and we want Sunday's game to be a celebration of all that is good about our Association and a great day for the GAA in Ulster.

"Unfortunately, isolated actions by a very small minority of supporters at both semi-finals did nothing to enhance our status within the community and I appeal to all supporters to by all means 'get behind' their team, but to do so in a way which is respectful to everyone, irrespective of their creed, gender, tradition, political opinion, or indeed which team they support."

In light of recent events, McAvoy also addressed the issue of domestic abuse.

He said; "While we cannot comment or make judgement on any specific allegation or allegations, Ulster GAA does not condone any form of domestic violence. We are proud to have joined with White Ribbon NI in pledging to never commit, condone or remain silent about violence against women. We encourage and support anyone who has been a victim of such abuse not to suffer in silence but to avail of the statutory and voluntary support services that are available in the community."

Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

themac_23

Quote from: J70 on May 11, 2023, 05:28:35 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on May 11, 2023, 05:11:42 PM

Come on, are you really that naïve?

Her with an alcohol problem and possibly under threats of additional violence and being cut off completely from her children? You never heard of a similar scenario where a woman was afraid to go public?

If there were domestic abuse allegations with any foundation there is no way gateway/ social services would have given him custody. Regardless of whether the mother of a child has an alcohol problem. It's not a case of they have to go with one of the parents, if there are doubts over both parents the kids would go to a family member or into care. Not a chance a social worker would leave themselves open to recommending a child live with a parent with serious allegations hanging over them.