Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh18

Quote from: Mourne Red on May 11, 2023, 02:11:23 PM
Quote from: The Trap on May 11, 2023, 02:02:00 PM
Do people just want to move on now and talk about football? Hope it all goes away.........the statement doesn't deny any of the accusations. By just moving on and toughing it out we are all going to be silently complicit. Is that the outcome we want?

Just ones from Derry want to brush it under the carpet and talk football
I'd rather talk about the football tbh but something needs done about the Gallagher situation. Not much any of us can do though!

trueblue1234

Quote from: AustinPowers on May 11, 2023, 02:08:43 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 11, 2023, 01:48:52 PM
Quote from: AustinPowers on May 11, 2023, 01:46:58 PM
Seriously folks,  the posts are  getting ridiculous

Trial  by Facebook. It's madness

So  if I wanTed to  upset say, Kerry's  preparations for upcoming championship matches ,  maybe I could put up a Facebook  post saying  I was down in  Killarney and I seen  X Kerry player  smashing a shop window,  punching a taxi driver , or   Biting the head  off a chicken , etc ....would that be grounds for jack o Connor or the  Kerry board to say to player x, sit this one out lad. Someone on Facebook said  they seen you doing  x y or z. Better we drop you  until  there's an investigation?  Get a grip , of course they wouldn't

I don't know RG or his  wife/ex wife . , nor their past/present situation.  Nor  do most of you I'd imagine.  Get a  grip and talk  about the football  and leave  this to the appropriate  authorities

"someone on facebook"  It's his ex wife!!

Yes but  That doesn't  mean these allegations are  true.

It doesn't no. But it carries much, much , much more weight than a random on Facebook. Plus, as mentioned, there are people on the Facebook page who seem to collaborate what she claims. Again, could still be untrue. And I think the onus is on her now to back up these claims now that she has decided to go public.
Either way it's sh!tty for Derry but there has to be some action. It doesn't look like RG is going to make it easy for them. Which is poor form imo.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Armamike

So  if I wanTed to  upset say, Kerry's  preparations for upcoming championship matches ,  maybe I could put up a Facebook  post saying  I was down in  Killarney and I seen  X Kerry player  smashing a shop window,  punching a taxi driver , or   Biting the head  off a chicken , etc ....would that be grounds for jack o Connor or the  Kerry board to say to player x, sit this one out lad. Someone on Facebook said  they seen you doing  x y or z. Better we drop you  until  there's an investigation?  Get a grip , of course they wouldn't

I don't know RG or his  wife/ex wife . , nor their past/present situation.  Nor  do most of you I'd imagine.  Get a  grip and talk  about the football  and leave  this to the appropriate  authorities

This line stands out for some reason.
That's just, like your opinion man.

toby47

Close friend is currently raising money for a charity close to their families hearts.

They are considering raffling or auctioning 2 x tickets for the game. Nothing confirmed yet, although if anyone is interested PM me and I can send you more details if/when it's happening.

Louther

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 11, 2023, 02:12:29 PM
I know a lot of fellas who have ex-wives that would still say anything to try and ruin their ex-husbands and vice-versa, don't know what planet alot of posters live on to be honest. If she can prove her accusations then he should be punished accordingly, but at the minute it's nothing more than unfounded accusations that would require him to step away until fully investigated by the police.

It's almost like you seen the post by Austin Powers and thought "I better get back in and reclaim my crown"

seafoid

Quote from: Itchy on May 11, 2023, 11:22:00 AM
Quote from: trailer on May 11, 2023, 11:17:56 AM
https://www.impartialreporter.com/news/23514420.rory-gallagher-responds-domestic-abuse-allegations/

No denial that he abused her which would be the first thing any innocent man would write.

He says that "the allegations made against him have been investigated and dealt with by the relevant authorities"

But now the story is all over the media and the Internet. That's very different.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Wildweasel74

I think if people want talk about RG accusations create a new thread ( likely liable if u do) . Fball barely been talked on this thread for 20 odd pgs

imtommygunn

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 11, 2023, 02:12:29 PM
I know a lot of fellas who have ex-wives that would still say anything to try and ruin their ex-husbands and vice-versa, don't know what planet alot of posters live on to be honest. If she can prove her accusations then he should be punished accordingly, but at the minute it's nothing more than unfounded accusations that would require him to step away until fully investigated by the police.

The planet where you know people who know people who can tell you quick enough whether things like this are true or not is the planet. The planet where the first line of a statement would read I categorically deny these accusations... That's what planet.

gallsman

Quote from: AustinPowers on May 11, 2023, 02:08:43 PM
Yes but  That doesn't  mean these allegations are  true.

See now you're moving the goalposts. Nobody on this thread, as far as I can see, has said that the allegations are true or that Gallagher is guilty of anything.

Your point was to ask if you could just make up shit to get someone discredited and removed from their position. The counter to that is that serious allegations from someone close (for example, a wife) have to be taken more seriously than those of any old twat on the internet. Do you not see the difference?

tonto1888

Quote from: seafoid on May 11, 2023, 02:23:34 PM
https://www.impartialreporter.com/news/23514420.rory-gallagher-responds-domestic-abuse-allegations/

No denial that he abused her which would be the first thing any innocent man would write.

He says that "the allegations made against him have been investigated and dealt with by the relevant authorities"

But now the story is all over the media and the Internet. That's very different.

Which wasn't a denial

Armagh18

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 11, 2023, 02:51:17 PM
Quote from: seafoid on May 11, 2023, 02:23:34 PM

Which wasn't a denial
First line of your statement would be to say that all allegations are completely untrue. That statement screams out that he can't deny what he did but theres no proof to convict him

jmcgdoire

For Gods sake lads this thread is sposed to be about the Ulster Final. I understand how RG is relevant but only so much as "Will he be on the line for Derry?" and no more. Lets see how the situation plays out and trust that justice will be served to whoever deserves it.

Now can we stop talking about brutal beatings from animalistic thugs and get back to Football?

I'll start. How big a role do you think McFaul will play for Derry on sunday?

general_lee

Quote from: jmcgdoire on May 11, 2023, 02:57:49 PM
For Gods sake lads this thread is sposed to be about the Ulster Final. I understand how RG is relevant but only so much as "Will he be on the line for Derry?" and no more. Lets see how the situation plays out and trust that justice will be served to whoever deserves it.

Now can we stop talking about brutal beatings from animalistic thugs and get back to Football?

I'll start. How big a role do you think McFaul will play for Derry on sunday?
;D

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: Itchy on May 11, 2023, 01:59:56 PM

Congrats on winning the most stupid post of the month contest

Damn you Itchy...you beat me to it.
Stupidest post I have ever seen on any forum.

She's his ex-wife for gods sake.

Anyone can go onto internet and say "I was in a bar and I saw him do this or that or the other"
If my Mrs. ( the mother of my kids ) said that I'd systemically abused her that would be bad enough, but this lady didn't  do that. She put it in writing.

HiMucker

Aye you are right about some of the posts getting ridiculous Ill give you that  :o