Armagh v Derry - Ulster Final, 14th May, 2023 @ 4pm

Started by Walter Cronc, May 01, 2023, 08:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

f**k the courts, just hang him now!!!

Anyone can put up an allegation about anyone without caring what happens afterwards, but...

Reading the post its scary and far too common for this sort of stuff to happen and if proven, shouldn't be too difficult to prove given her accounts of being hospitalised multiple times, he should be given jail time and everything that comes with it.. Crazy

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

oakleaflad

trailer

It is getting to the stage in the day where we should really be hearing from the Derry Co Board. The longer they leave it, the worse it looks.

WT4E

Quote from: general_lee on May 10, 2023, 12:10:01 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 10, 2023, 10:37:13 AM
Quote from: general_lee on May 10, 2023, 09:34:01 AM
His position is untenable. If I was a Derry player (apart from McFaul maybe) I'd lose every ounce of respect I had for him.

Wise up GL you clampit!
Apologies, we actually know for a fact McFaul left someone in intensive care after an unprovoked attack because he can't handle his drink. These are just allegations (unproven in a court of law) at this stage with Gallagher.

How do you know for a fact?

Can you post it.

My understanding was he was provoked/attacked by members of a rival team out there and that the lad who was left in hospital wouldn't have great character. But I will say I don't this for a fact.

Armagh18

Quote from: trailer on May 10, 2023, 12:30:58 PM
It is getting to the stage in the day where we should really be hearing from the Derry Co Board. The longer they leave it, the worse it looks.
Surely they'll have to meet and that would be this evening at the earliest.

lurganblue

It's a shocking read this morning folks. I wondered at first was it a fake account or something. Absolutely horrific to even imagine what has been described. 

Until properly investigated there is no way he can stand with that team.

Armamike

Will be astounded if he's at the match on Sunday.
That's just, like your opinion man.

general_lee

Quote from: WT4E on May 10, 2023, 12:31:47 PM
Quote from: general_lee on May 10, 2023, 12:10:01 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 10, 2023, 10:37:13 AM
Quote from: general_lee on May 10, 2023, 09:34:01 AM
His position is untenable. If I was a Derry player (apart from McFaul maybe) I'd lose every ounce of respect I had for him.

Wise up GL you clampit!
Apologies, we actually know for a fact McFaul left someone in intensive care after an unprovoked attack because he can't handle his drink. These are just allegations (unproven in a court of law) at this stage with Gallagher.

How do you know for a fact?

Can you post it.

My understanding was he was provoked/attacked by members of a rival team out there and that the lad who was left in hospital wouldn't have great character. But I will say I don't this for a fact.
Google is your friend... as for your understanding, maybe you could post it?

gallsman

Quote from: full moon on May 10, 2023, 12:20:01 PM
The media will likely will not comment much on this unless there is further developments due to libel laws as these are social media allegations and they can be sued.

If I was to guess I'd say its likely Gallagher remains on the line Sunday at least, unless there is further developments. He may wish to put out his own statement or he may wait until next week.

This is not the Premier League, England or Mason Greenwood case so I'm not sure why people are bringing that up as its nothing a like.

It's exactly alike ffs.

God14

Quote from: Armamike on May 10, 2023, 12:35:58 PM
Will be astounded if he's at the match on Sunday.

Same as that. Impossible to imagine him on the line during the game, or hugging and fist pumping at FT.

Sooner Derry county  board act the better really.

clarshack

Quote from: full moon on May 10, 2023, 12:12:25 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 10, 2023, 11:20:41 AM
Quote from: Sonny Joe on May 10, 2023, 11:17:54 AM
Walter are you defending the behaviour? Are you suggesting the post is lies? Do you need evidence ie a conviction before you do not want to be associated with him?

All I'm saying is we're very quick to jump on here. Gallagher's sideline behaviour is certainly not great. Does that make him a wife beater? No. If found guilty he should have the book thrown at him..until he's found guilty though we have to presume he's innocent. This would apply to any supposed crime.
I agree with you although it does look terrible for Gallagher but there is 2 sides to every story in these cases.

A FB post has been made and several allegations, he has not been arrested, charged or convicted of anything, so I wouldn't just hang draw and quarter him just yet.

Women can and do lie and not everything they say is gospel truth. If they are separated and/or going through divorce, some even stating here he has custody of children, there is several elements more to this than the online commentators know.

Usually there are 2 sides to every story and then there is the truth. In this case it doesn't look good for Gallagher and if the allegations turn out to be true then the book should be thrown at him.
He should be stood down from the position of Derry manager pending the outcome of an investigation.

gallsman

Quote from: clarshack on May 10, 2023, 12:49:33 PM
Quote from: full moon on May 10, 2023, 12:12:25 PM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on May 10, 2023, 11:20:41 AM
Quote from: Sonny Joe on May 10, 2023, 11:17:54 AM
Walter are you defending the behaviour? Are you suggesting the post is lies? Do you need evidence ie a conviction before you do not want to be associated with him?

All I'm saying is we're very quick to jump on here. Gallagher's sideline behaviour is certainly not great. Does that make him a wife beater? No. If found guilty he should have the book thrown at him..until he's found guilty though we have to presume he's innocent. This would apply to any supposed crime.
I agree with you although it does look terrible for Gallagher but there is 2 sides to every story in these cases.

A FB post has been made and several allegations, he has not been arrested, charged or convicted of anything, so I wouldn't just hang draw and quarter him just yet.

Women can and do lie and not everything they say is gospel truth. If they are separated and/or going through divorce, some even stating here he has custody of children, there is several elements more to this than the online commentators know.

Usually there are 2 sides to every story and then there is the truth. In this case it doesn't look good for Gallagher and if the allegations turn out to be true then the book should be thrown at him.
Ideally he should be stood down from the position of Derry manager pending the outcome of an investigation.

The CB have little other option to do anything but this. They can't come out and back him as they've no way of disproving the allegations. They can't come out with any old "I've spoken to Rory and he assures me the allegations are completely false" nonsense. The allegations themselves are so serious that he can't be allowed to be associated with the team until there is some sort of resolution.

oakleaflad

Pending who's investigation though? The county board can't do one themselves and as far as I know the police haven't been involved as of yet. Easy saying these things.

Thinking purely from the county boards perspective here.