2010 Féile Peil na nÓg Doire - All-Ireland Under 14 Championships

Started by móidín doire, July 02, 2010, 02:26:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

móidín doire

I see Derry are holding the Feile this weekend. Some undertaking for any county, 160 teams from all over the country as well as US and England.. first games already started this morning... 5000 wanes parading through Derry City tonight... good luck to whoever has to look after them! details and latest results on the official website - http://www.feiledhoire2010.ie/ Supposedly one of the biggest participating events/tournaments in Europe this weekend... or so they say!

Many of you ever take part in the feile in years gone by? some craic.. some great memories... even when we never won a game!!

Anyone attending the games this weekend? Anyone making the trip up the country or from further a field?!! Will keep the Derry clubs busy for the weekend and let them forget about the state of the county team for 5 minutes....  ::)

magpie seanie

Quote from: móidín doire on July 02, 2010, 02:26:10 PM
I see Derry are holding the Feile this weekend. Some undertaking for any county, 160 teams from all over the country as well as US and England.. first games already started this morning... 5000 wanes parading through Derry City tonight... good luck to whoever has to look after them! details and latest results on the official website - http://www.feiledhoire2010.ie/ Supposedly one of the biggest participating events/tournaments in Europe this weekend... or so they say!

Many of you ever take part in the feile in years gone by? some craic.. some great memories... even when we never won a game!!

Anyone attending the games this weekend? Anyone making the trip up the country or from further a field?!! Will keep the Derry clubs busy for the weekend and let them forget about the state of the county team for 5 minutes....  ::)

I hope this gets plenty of TV coverage.

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

aontroim

Said at lunchtime there would be a piece on tonight's Newsline about the Féile in Derry.

Canalman

Wait till you see the size of the na Fianna lads. Seriously big lads for under 14s.

Anyway, best of luck to all and hope weather holds up.

Norf Tyrone

Galbally (Tyrone's hope) beat Dungiven this morning in the opening game.

The Feile is a fantastic event, that is very well run. It was great in Tyrone in 2004, and hope it's back some time soon.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

TacadoirArdMhacha

Heading up in the morning - should be a good day's craic. We won our opening match very handy though Claudy mightn't be the strongest of the Derry contingent. Hopefully get a decent run at it anyway.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

móidín doire

Went to the Feile parade on Friday night; was some experience for the boys and girls taking part. Great sight to see so many walking through the streets of Derry in all their club colours. Was glad to see so many come out and show their support, people cheering them on nearly the full length of the parade. The games werent too bad either; some fierce big cubs for different teams... fella for the limerick champions in Division 3 was built better than most of our senior players, heard there were a couple of big fellas for Na Fianna and a few other clubs.. dunno what they feed them!

Pity none of the Derry teams got to a final or semi-final, but I think most enjoyed taking part and hosting teams and getting to know people from different parts of the country.

Any of you travel up the country to it? Any experiences good or bad? Didnt hear of too many complaints around our club, but wondered how it went everywhere else..

Some organisation went into it... just hope the other 31 counties take a go at doing it before it comes back to Derry... tiring stuff!