FAO Lurkers and Others who monitor this board.

Started by Bud Wiser, January 05, 2008, 12:09:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bud Wiser

deleted.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

muppet

First of all, welocme back Bud.

Secondly...hah? What's going on? Do you think you were banned because you were/weren't a supporter of the GPA? Surely that didn't happen. Is it a legitimate problem with the board or do you suspect bias somewhere? 
MWWSI 2017

Bud Wiser

No, I think I just got locked out and I was wondering did anyone else.  The mods sent me a mail asking was my account fixed so I take it that it was just a fault.
" Laois ? You can't drink pints of Guinness and talk sh*te in a pub, and play football the next day"

Hardy

Does this mean we've seen the last of that GPA lackey called Grantsman?

Uladh

Is the subliminal message here that you couldn't remember your password for a day or so bud and went bananas til you realized your ballsup?

Bud Wiser

No, I could sign in  and my avatar would come up and the opportunity to reply to a post would be there but then I would get a message saying database error.  Also, I am using the same passsword every day since 1996, or, if you like 365 days a year for eleven years meaning I have logged in with it over 4,000 times so no, I did not forget it.  Anyway, it's fixed but the mod never said what happened.

Square Ball

Bud

do me a favour, let me know if you get any spam on that address.

I made a new address for my own club and posted it on our site for people to contact me and I got spam the next day. I was wondering if it was possible to scan sites for addresses and spam them, this is the only explanation I can think of
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Mike Sheehy

if you post an email address on a forum you should  "disguise" it e.g instead of name@noplace.nowhere you should write      name "at" noplace "dot" nowhere          , or something like that . The address harvesters may still be able to figure it, it depends how well you disguise it.     

Bud Wiser

I don't care 'cause I will delete the mail address anyway.  I actualy deleted it from the opening post but here it is again for another day or two.   gaa@fennetec.com Who knows, maybe Sonny, Bottlkethrower, Biff and a few more are lost in cyberspace. Here is the type of replies I got.

QuoteThanks for your post on the gaa discussion board. I've been lurking for a while now due to a problem with posting - i can login ok but everytime i try to post i'm asked to login again. I'm not overly technical so haven't got around it.

Cheers

Armamike

Armamike, I will contact good old Admin on your behalf and pass them your mail address and see can we hook you up.

Bud Wiser

QuoteBud

do me a favour, let me know if you get any spam on that address.

I made a new address for my own club and posted it on our site for people to contact me and I got spam the next day. I was wondering if it was possible to scan sites for addresses and spam them, this is the only explanation I can think of

Seems after making the above post Squareball got zapped!   Goo-ooo-oood Morning Squareball !!  Can you see us all here chatting?  :D

I got a mail saying :

"Bud

guess what, I am stuck now.

I can log on OK but when I change pages I get automatically logged off and cant post. There doesnt seem to be a problem with the board so can you pass this on to someone please."

I wonder has this anything to do with anyone making a database of IP addresses or something like that, or if we are using wireless and our IP address changes when we log out and log back in again?   As Eddie Moroney would say, what the hell is going on at all at all?

muppet

QuoteAs Eddie Moroney would say, what the hell is going on at all at all?

Effin might put it a bit more colourfully than that!

F%*kin' bast%*d Moderating C*&^s.....Jaysus lads I'm dyin'......... or something like that.
MWWSI 2017

Bud Wiser

I sent them your new email address and asked them to contact you but got no response Muppet.

muppet

MWWSI 2017

muppet

NAh I tried to update my email address to one I could actually access. When I changed the setting I was sent a 'reactivation code' only it went to the old address (the one I couldn't access) and I couldn't log back in.

Anyway Bud came to the rescue.
MWWSI 2017