Connacht Club SFC,IFC and JFC 2014

Started by Collie Brolly, September 30, 2014, 12:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Collie Brolly

Ros Intermediate final this Sunday Tulsk v Croans.Would fancy Croans to nick it in a tight game and preceded by the Junior final Michael Glaveys should squeeze home against Shannon Gaels despite their best efforts at impersonating Ardnaree.

manfromdelmonte

Were Glaveys and Shannon Gaels not senior a few years back? Same with Croans?
I like Tulsk's full name, Tulsk Lord Edwards. Where did that cone from?

Syferus

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on October 03, 2014, 11:36:30 PM
Were Glaveys and Shannon Gaels not senior a few years back? Same with Croans?

A good stretch since Glaveys were senior. Made the senior final back in 1996.. all downhill the last twenty or so years. Third junior final in a row, they need to return to inter to have any chance of growing as a club again.

fearsiuil

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on October 03, 2014, 11:36:30 PM

Lord Edward Fitzgerald, an interesting read about him in Wikipedia http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Edward_FitzGerald

Along with Tulsk there are clubs named in his honour as Geraldines (from Fitzgerald) in Dublin, Louth, Waterford and Wicklow.

drici

Oileáin Árann 0-16  Eanach Cuain 1-10

Great chanting, cheering and shouting from the Oileáin Árann crowd throughout the match.
They'll enjoy today.
Another cup for Oileáin Árainn.

GalwayBayBoy

Be some session on the islands tonight. Long time coming.

Syferus

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on October 04, 2014, 08:15:23 PM

There won't be a sweater knitted tonight.

fearsiuil

Great win for the islanders, they trained once a week together in Loughgeorge so the lads living in Dublin and Limerick could train with the island boys coming in. That's effort! Wattys, American bar and Joe Mac's will be hopping for a few days! Sure the other islands also.

larryin89

Quote from: Syferus on October 04, 2014, 08:40:10 PM

Wtf was going on  in the ross county semi tonight, jesus it had willie hegarty in a right fluster .(he actually said Cluxton was coming up to take the last kick for pearses to equalise it , then the real confusion started , it must of taken a minute for him to decide whether it was a drawn game or a free out . It was funny though, he really got himself in a tither.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Syferus

Quote from: larryin89 on October 04, 2014, 09:40:38 PM
Quote from: Syferus on October 04, 2014, 08:40:10 PM

Wtf was going on  in the ross county semi tonight, jesus it had willie hegarty in a right fluster .(he actually said Cluxton was coming up to take the last kick for pearses to equalise it , then the real confusion started , it must of taken a minute for him to decide whether it was a drawn game or a free out . It was funny though, he really got himself in a tither.

Free dropped short and got flicked over the bar. Referee decided to award a free out for something, hence disallowing the point. Plenty of angry Pearses players and supporters chasing after the referee at full-time.

Fhailes 0-09 Pearses 1-05. Unlikely that Fhailes will trouble Brigids.

Red

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 02, 2014, 08:24:25 PM
Quote from: Collie Brolly on October 01, 2014, 10:45:48 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 30, 2014, 10:00:57 PM
Best of luck to Achill in the Junior, and indeed to the other Mayo clubs that will be representing the county. I think Hollymount-Carramore will win the Intermediate and may be hard stopped. Very hard to call the Senior final at this stage.

Tell us farr are they as good as Kiltane were last year?Presume they will be favourites v Ballyhaunis?
Will keep Connelly occupied if they win Connacht.

Sorry for keeping you! I suppose they should be favourites, yet Belmullet took them to a replay in the semis whereas Ballyhaunis beat a hapless Neale team who sounded out of their depth in the other one. I don't know about them being as good as Kiltane though. They had a panel of 40+ training last year and that was a factor in them going so far I'd say.

I'm not so sure about why H/C would be favourites beyond operating in a higher division. It should be remembered Ballyhaunis had operated there until their annus horibilis last year and had played in 2 semi finals and I quarter final in the previous three years.
I saw both teams q/f's and s/f's (HC drawn game only) and I expect Ballyhaunis to win and maybe more comfortably than might be expected. THe only drawback I see for them is the weather. THey generally operate better in good conditions and may find the weather expected more difficult to deal with than HC

Farrandeelin

Fair play to you Red, you called the correct winners of the IFC final today in Mayo. The only good that came out of that (apart from the Ballyhaunis people celebrating being back senior again) is that Connelly can focus on his new job now without any distractions.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

GalwayBayBoy

Galway junior final

Oileain Arainn 0-16 Annaghdown 1-10

Galway intermediate final

Moycullen 0-10 Killanin 0-13

Victorious Oilean Arainn team

Killanin with the cup and their super sub in the middle.

moysider

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 05, 2014, 09:53:52 PM
Fair play to you Red, you called the correct winners of the IFC final today in Mayo. The only good that came out of that (apart from the Ballyhaunis people celebrating being back senior again) is that Connelly can focus on his new job now without any distractions.

Good luck with that Farrandeelin!! Like it or not, I have not come across anybody that thinks Holmes and Connelly was a good idea.

Connelly needed to come into his new job with a bit of a gee-up.

After the ridiculous appointment shite Connelly needed a boost. Hollymount- Carramore winning would have been a welcome distraction for him imo. It may have even settled down some of the sceptics.

revsperminute

Connaught Senior Football Club Championship
Quarter Final (26/10/14)
Tubbercurry or St. Marys (Sligo) -v- Aughawillan (Leitrim)

Semi Final (09/11/14)
Ballintubber or Castlebar (Mayo) -v- St. Bridgets or St. Faithleachs (Roscommon)
Winner of Quarter Final -v- Corofin or Winner of Barna v St. Michaels (Galway)

Final (23/11/14)

Connaught Intermediate Football Club Championship
Quarter Final (19/10/14)
Dromahair (Leitrim) -v- Ballyhanuis (Mayo)

Semi Final (02/11/14)
Shamrock Gaels or Calry/St Joseph's (Sligo)} -v- Killanin (Galway)
Quarter Final Winner -v- St. Croans (Roscommon)

Final (16/11/14)

Connaught Junior Football Club Championship
Quarter Final (19/10/14)
Owenmore Gaels (Sligo) -v- Arann Islands (Galway)

Semi Final (02/11/14)
Achill Island (Mayo) -v- Michael Glaveys (Roscommon)
Quarter Final Winners -v- (Leitrim)

Final (16/11/14)

Connaught Intermediate Hurling Club Championship
Semi Final (27/10/14)
Ballyhanuis or Toureen (Mayo) -v- Four Roads or Athleague (Roscommon)

Final (09/11/14)
Semi Final Winner -v-  Cappataggle or {Ahascragh V Ballinderreen} (Galway)

Connaught Junior Hurling Club Championship
Semi Final (27/10/14)
Calry/St. Josephs or Western Gaels (Sligo) -v- {Carrick v Manorhamilton or Gortletteragh v Ballinamore (Leitrim)}

Final (08/11/14)
Semi Final Winner -v- Junior 1 Winner (Galway)