Connacht Club SFC,IFC and JFC 2014

Started by Collie Brolly, September 30, 2014, 12:42:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Collie Brolly

Anybody got these draws,no sign on the Connacht website.Sure why would there be and them only a few wks away.

revsperminute

Connaught Senior Football Club Championship
Quarter Final (26/10/14)
Tubbercurry or St. Marys (Sligo) -v- Aughawillan (Leitrim)

Semi Final (09/11/14)
Ballintubber or Castlebar (Mayo) -v- St. Bridgets or Winners of Padraig Pearses v St. Faithleachs (Roscommon)
Winner of Quarter Final -v- Corofin or Winner of Barna v St. Michaels (Galway)

Final (23/11/14)

Connaught Intermediate Football Club Championship
Quarter Final (19/10/14)
Dromahair or Ballinamore (Leitrim) -v- Hollymount or Ballyhanuis (Mayo)

Semi Final (02/11/14)
{Bunninadden V Shamrock Gaels or Calry/St Joseph's V St Patrick's/Dromard (Sligo)} -v- Moycullen or Killanin (Galway)
Quarter Final Winner -v- St. Croans or Tulsk (Roscommon)

Final (16/11/14)

Connaught Junior Football Club Championship
Quarter Final (19/10/14)
Owenmore Gaels (Sligo) -v- Arann Islands (Galway)

Semi Final (02/11/14)
Achill Island (Mayo) -v- Shannon Gaels or Michael Glaveys (Roscommon)
Quarter Final Winners -v- (Leitrim)

Final (16/11/14)

Connaught Intermediate Hurling Club Championship
Semi Final (27/10/14)
Ballyhanuis or Toureen (Mayo) -v- Four Roads or Athleague (Roscommon)

Final (09/11/14)
Semi Final Winner -v-  {Cappataggle V Rahoon or Ahascragh V Ballinderreen (Galway)}

Connaught Junior Hurling Club Championship
Semi Final (27/10/14)
Calry/St. Josephs or Western Gaels (Sligo) -v- {Carrick v Manorhamilton or Gortletteragh v Ballinamore (Leitrim)}

Final (08/11/14)
Semi Final Winner -v- Junior 1 Winner (Galway)

galwayman

Oilean Arainn will be the Galway representatives in the Connacht junior championship

drici

Quote from: galwayman on September 30, 2014, 05:05:53 PM

Oilean Arainn will be the Galway representatives in the Connacht junior championship

YeeHa.
Good wee show on TG4 about them during the summer.
Plus they made up for throwing away the Junior Comórtas Peile last year by winning it well this year.

magpie seanie

Owenmore Gaels will be Sligo's representatives in the Connacht Junior championship. They are through to the championship final but are the only club whose first team operates at that level in 2014.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: magpie seanie on September 30, 2014, 05:14:53 PM
Owenmore Gaels will be Sligo's representatives in the Connacht Junior championship. They are through to the championship final but are the only club whose first team operates at that level in 2014.
Thanks for that reminder  :'( At least we might earn our spot in it this time, last time we were reps despite not winning a game all year!

Think Aughavas might be the Leitrim reps in Junior btw.

magpie seanie

Surprised I beat you to it!

Good luck in the final! Hope your former stalwart who made his debut recently for their junior B team doesn't make a shock appearance against ye (I wonder is he reading this???!!!!)!

Collie Brolly

Thanks lads.Interesting draws.Hard to see Brigids being bet being honest.
Roscommon won't trouble the intermediate championship but Michael Glaveys could give the junior a rattle depending on the strength of the islands from Galway/Mayo.

galwayman

I'd say junior is between Glaveys and Oilean Arainn alright.
My own club won Galway last year.Had a tough game with Arainn in the West Galway final before losing the Connacht final in extra time to Fuerty who had beaten Glaveys in the Ros final.

Rossfan

Quote from: Collie Brolly on September 30, 2014, 05:59:10 PM
Roscommon won't trouble the intermediate championship but Michael Glaveys could give the junior a rattle depending on the strength of the islands from Galway/Mayo.
They could IF they win the Ros final. ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Farrandeelin

Best of luck to Achill in the Junior, and indeed to the other Mayo clubs that will be representing the county. I think Hollymount-Carramore will win the Intermediate and may be hard stopped. Very hard to call the Senior final at this stage.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Syferus

Quote from: Rossfan on September 30, 2014, 07:41:26 PM
Quote from: Collie Brolly on September 30, 2014, 05:59:10 PM
They could IF they win the Ros final. ;)

Lots of grá for Glavey's. The dah used to play in goals for them back in the Earley days. Poor first half v Pearses B on Sunday. Winning the junior county title will be cause for celebration alone.

Collie Brolly

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 30, 2014, 10:00:57 PM
Best of luck to Achill in the Junior, and indeed to the other Mayo clubs that will be representing the county. I think Hollymount-Carramore will win the Intermediate and may be hard stopped. Very hard to call the Senior final at this stage.

Tell us farr are they as good as Kiltane were last year?Presume they will be favourites v Ballyhaunis?
Will keep Connelly occupied if they win Connacht.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Collie Brolly on October 01, 2014, 10:45:48 AM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 30, 2014, 10:00:57 PM

Tell us farr are they as good as Kiltane were last year?Presume they will be favourites v Ballyhaunis?
Will keep Connelly occupied if they win Connacht.

Sorry for keeping you! I suppose they should be favourites, yet Belmullet took them to a replay in the semis whereas Ballyhaunis beat a hapless Neale team who sounded out of their depth in the other one. I don't know about them being as good as Kiltane though. They had a panel of 40+ training last year and that was a factor in them going so far I'd say.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.