John Maughan
11 (11.1%)
Kevin McStay
50 (50.5%)
A.N. Other
29 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 99

maigheo

To no ones surprise another topic turning into a discussion on Roscommon football >:( >:( >:(

Syferus

Quote from: maigheo on September 27, 2014, 03:42:01 AM
To no ones surprise another topic turning into a discussion on Roscommon football >:( >:( >:(

Oh, the focus is still very much still on your crack team of gombeens.

rrhf

The Connaught championship is a proper championship at its level.  Any one could win it

larryin89

Quote from: rrhf on September 27, 2014, 07:25:21 AM
The Connaught championship is a proper championship at its level. Any one could win it

2011...Mayo
2012.. Mayo
2013...Mayo
2014... Mayo
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Rossfan

The Connaught championship
there is no such thing ya Anglicised fecker ya.
There is however a Connacht Championship which we hope will be more open next year than it's been for a while.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

rrhf

moysider

Quote from: Rossfan on September 27, 2014, 01:25:37 PM
The Connaught championship
there is no such thing ya Anglicised fecker ya.
There is however a Connacht Championship which we hope will be more open next year than it's been for a while.

It may well be. It will be if Mayo go backwards like we seem to be trying to do.

However this year we dossed a lot of league and Connacht. Can t see any new management having the balls to do that - especially under the circumstances if ye know what I mean!  Add in a few players that will improve on last year's Mayo model you ll probably find a very interested Mayo team again.
I expect Mayo's season next year will be decided again  by the Gods in Aug/Sept.

Bod Mor

Quote from: moysider on September 28, 2014, 12:22:57 AM
I expect Mayo's season next year will be decided again  by the Gods in Aug/Sept.
Meath Gods? ;)
Ó chuir mé 'mo cheann é ní stopfaidh mé choíche
Go seasfaidh mé thíos i lár Chondae Mhaigh Eo.

mayo.mick

mayo for sam-don't ask me what year! :-)
https://michaelmaye.com/mayo-gaa-photos/
@mayo_mick

moysider

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

Crete Boom

blast05

That 'revolt' detailed on Mayo blog is doomed to failure i fear.
Not because there are not men of committment and integrity involved but more cos they have no power. Like it or not, the county board have the power and its not like Corke Park are going to come in over the top and tell them to stand aside to make way for the revolution.

To effect the change required you need to get inside the tent and make the incumbents feel uncomfortable to the point of where they will do what you want.
To achieve this is actually straight forward enough in one sense. What is need is that every clubs takes the appointment of 'club delegates' to the county board very seriously. Only people who can tick the 3 boxes below should be appointed:

• can articualte their views clearly and forcefully
  • are constructive, progressive abnd modern thinking in all things GAA
  • actively seek the views of as many of their club members as possible on the agenda of county board meetings (indeed the last meeting should have resulted in club meetings all over the county where all members were encouraged to attend to ensure the clubs position was aligned and the delegate understood this and was committed to representing that position)
  • are not 'yes' men who only attend because (while well intentioned) they treat it as a hobby and like to be the 'man-in-the-know' at home

Imagine how the meeting the last day would have panned out if all delegates ticked these boxes ?!
Far too many people talk about 'county board out,' 'sack the lot of them' without any credible alternative. The reality is it will require the greater Mayo GAA public to avail of the democracy that exists in the structures today as i have outlined which will ultimately bring the county board kicking and screaming into the 'new age' and implement the strategy written by Liam Horan and others 3 years ago. In such a changed dynamic, the ego-driven hobbyist who occupy a lot of the positions today will not want their positions in future meaning we get the people that can deliver.

rosnarun

Quote from: blast05 on September 29, 2014, 01:52:40 PM
That 'revolt' detailed on Mayo blog is doomed to failure i fear.
Not because there are not men of committment and integrity involved but more cos they have no power. Like it or not, the county board have the power and its not like Corke Park are going to come in over the top and tell them to stand aside to make way for the revolution.

To effect the change required you need to get inside the tent and make the incumbents feel uncomfortable to the point of where they will do what you want.
To achieve this is actually straight forward enough in one sense. What is need is that every clubs takes the appointment of 'club delegates' to the county board very seriously. Only people who can tick the 3 boxes below should be appointed:

• can articualte their views clearly and forcefully
  • are constructive, progressive abnd modern thinking in all things GAA
  • actively seek the views of as many of their club members as possible on the agenda of county board meetings (indeed the last meeting should have resulted in club meetings all over the county where all members were encouraged to attend to ensure the clubs position was aligned and the delegate understood this and was committed to representing that position)
  • are not 'yes' men who only attend because (while well intentioned) they treat it as a hobby and like to be the 'man-in-the-know' at home

Imagine how the meeting the last day would have panned out if all delegates ticked these boxes ?!
Far too many people talk about 'county board out,' 'sack the lot of them' without any credible alternative. The reality is it will require the greater Mayo GAA public to avail of the democracy that exists in the structures today as i have outlined which will ultimately bring the county board kicking and screaming into the 'new age' and implement the strategy written by Liam Horan and others 3 years ago. In such a changed dynamic, the ego-driven hobbyist who occupy a lot of the positions today will not want their positions in future meaning we get the people that can deliver.

which of the current board are you talking about when you say ego-driven hobbyist
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Dont Matter

Maybe this is the twist we've all been waiting for. Interesting development Mayo.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn