A.N. Other
29 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Dirtyball

Quote from: Geoff Tipps on September 18, 2014, 04:46:56 PM
Quote from: Dirtyball on September 18, 2014, 04:28:13 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 18, 2014, 04:21:27 PM
Except in Offaly.

Eugene McGee won the All Ireland in 1982. Tommy Lyons won Leinster in 1997.

Damien Healy was the hurling messiah in the 1980s, Eamonn Cregan won in 1994 and Michael Bond won it in 1998.
didn't OMahoney win an All ireland with Galway yet he couldn't with Mayo.  It's difficult to make a silk purse out of a sows ear they say! The biggest problem with Mayo footballers is they have no bottle when the chips are down. Take O Connor for example. He will kick you six if your 6 ahead but he rarely kicks you that vital 1 when your 2 down!

Have a read of this. you'll find it very useful:

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-You're-and-Your
I'd say James Horan is 1 of the best if not the best Gaa Managers ever to come out of New Zealand! He nearly went down in history as the first outsider ever to manage an all ireland winning team from Mayo! ... Nearly!!

Mayo4Sam

How do you ignore someone again?

Thats a serious question, this ballbag is annoying the f**k out of me
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Tubberman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 18, 2014, 05:34:04 PM
How do you ignore someone again?

Thats a serious question, this ballbag is annoying the f**k out of me

Not sure but there's a 'Report to moderator' link, which I've just made use of.
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Dirtyball

NEWSFLASH!! James Horan has finally accepted a coaching roll in his native New Zealand. James will be first team "kicking Coach " responsible for finding touch! New Zealand RC were said to be impressed with Mayo players ability to kick the ball over the sideline! We wish James all the best on his return home!!!!

larryin89

Ignoring yer man and getting on with more pressing issues.

Whats the story with nominations with the deadline being today, will they be released to the public at all?
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

Crete Boom

Quote from: larryin89 on September 18, 2014, 07:02:02 PM

Whats the story with nominations with the deadline being today, will they be released to the public at all?

I suppose Larry we will have to wait for the people in the know to leak it to us as I would say the county board are extra sensitive about talking to the press at the moment. One source I talked to today was telling me the Connelly has the job if he wants it but to be honest he was basing most of his thesis on the fact Connelly's brother is on the CB. I haven't heard anything outside of the usual name i.e. McStay , Noel and Tony McGarry but maybe Tony McEntee might be nominated which would be interesting as he would be my choice at the moment.

Dirtyball

RTE have given permission to Mayo CB to speak to Kevin McStay but have issued a hands off warning that Tommy Carr is not to be poached. Tommy is seen as a vital cog in RTEs stating the obvious!! McStay on the other hand is seen as a real leader in my circles! Especially by ppl going around in circles. His track record as a manager is unrivalled in Mayo. He has never lost an All Ireland final as a Manager .I know he has been waiting for the "big" job so whether he sees the Mayo job as big enough for him remains to be seen.!!!

Dirtyball

The association of CREDIT UNIONS in Mayo wish to thank all Mayo supporters for their custom this past 3 years. Provisional Final loans that were granted prior to the Kerry game can now be used for Christmas by quoting your unemployment number. We are pleased to announce that existing all ireland loans for 2012 and 2013 will be written off if Mayo capture Sam in 2015.!!!

From the Bunker

Quote from: Dirtyball on September 18, 2014, 07:37:56 PM

RTE have given permission to Mayo CB to speak to Kevin McStay but have issued a hands off warning that Tommy Carr is not to be poached. Tommy is seen as a vital cog in RTEs stating the obvious!! McStay on the other hand is seen as a real leader in my circles! Especially by ppl going around in circles. His track record as a manager is unrivalled in Mayo. He has never lost an All Ireland final as a Manager .I know he has been waiting for the "big" job so whether he sees the Mayo job as big enough for him remains to be seen.!!!

It's not unrivaled, there are at least 3 other Managers who have never lost a AI final!

Dirtyball

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 18, 2014, 09:09:40 PM
Quote from: Dirtyball on September 18, 2014, 07:37:56 PM

It's not unrivaled, there are at least 3 other Managers who have never lost a AI final!
. But there is more than 3 who have lost an Al final!! My preference would be for McStay for 2 reasons. Firstly if he was Mayo manager we wouldn't have to listen to his shite as a co commentator . Secondly he could have Martin Carney as a selector and that would spare the viewing public his shite talk also. And if Tommy Carr ever decided to join them as a selector well Mayo would have their dream team and us the viewers would have peace because those 3 amigos spout some shite on TV

larryin89

Dirtyball, you talk some shite but you have learnt me a valuable lesson, trolling is a nonsense  and you have influenced my decision to never attempt trolling again.
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

GAAboardmod1

Dirtyball has been banned, I don't intend on going through his posts to delete them so just ignore them.

macdanger2

Farrandeelin

Quote from: macdanger2 on September 18, 2014, 10:16:37 PM
Any word on who's been nominated??

There's still another 10 minutes before the deadline closes.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

heffo

McStay is no longer in the army lads so aside from McHale whats the obstacle?