Kevin McStay
50 (50.5%)
A.N. Other
29 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 99

SLIGONIAN

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 17, 2014, 08:58:26 PM
Quote from: SLIGONIAN on September 17, 2014, 07:39:29 PM
That time of year again, my view is Horan is entitled to say what he wants when he wants and so is everyone else, it's all personal perspective at the end of the day, if any man was in his shoes they'd probably feel the same tbf, simple as that

I'm glad he's gone purely for the good of Sligo football, actually if Horan wants to work with a professional county board he should come to us  :P
Fair play Sligonian, that's telling it as it is. Mind you, I hope JH isn't reading this as he just might get ideas! ;D
I hope he is then Lar  ;) hope ur keepin well btw

Ah moysider because I'm not sure his replacement is going to get as much out of the current mayo squad as he did, Horan bled them for everything they got, I could be wrong about his replacement, and of course the point is a weaker mayo will give us a better chance in Connacht
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Ohtoohtobe

The ref, the venue, the county board. I've huge admiration for the Mayo team and Horan but they need to look in the mirror. They were five points up with a few minutes to go in Croke Park. They were home and hosed. They blew it.

screenexile

Quote from: Ohtoohtobe on September 18, 2014, 02:04:41 AM
The ref, the venue, the county board. I've huge admiration for the Mayo team and Horan but they need to look in the mirror. They were five points up with a few minutes to go in Croke Park. They were home and hosed. They blew it.

Sssssshhhhhhhh it was a Meath conspiracy... Did you not get the memo??

Chimley

Still can't shake the memories of bad defeats to ordinary enough Laois and Down teams in 2007 and 2009 when assessing what Connelly might bring to the senior setup. The plus side is that he has managed almost all these lads at underage and is closest to the talent coming through from his work with the   development squads.

moysider

Quote from: Chimley on September 18, 2014, 06:58:20 AM
Still can't shake the memories of bad defeats to ordinary enough Laois and Down teams in 2007 and 2009 when assessing what Connelly might bring to the senior setup. The plus side is that he has managed almost all these lads at underage and is closest to the talent coming through from his work with the   development squads.

Think you re grasping at straws a bit there Chimley. Don t see much advantage there myself. What s coming through is not that difficult to make out. As regards the development squads - the U21s the last few years have been awful - that's hardly a huge + on a cv.

Tubberman

I see someone on mayogaablog has said that Tony McEntee has entered the race.... Not sure if there's any substance behind that and if a club has nominated him
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Mayo4Sam

Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

moysider

I wouldn t care where he s from as long as he can add to what Horan has done.
Not confident the Mayo names mentioned can.

Dirtyball

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on September 18, 2014, 03:06:42 PM
I would prefer a mayo man
agree! It's better to be able to blame 1 of your own rather than an outsider when things go tits up like they do every year!do you know YE have the record for losing 3 in 2 years and only kerry beat YE  there would be another record for YE .. Losing 3 finals in a row!

Tubberman

Quote from: Dirtyball on September 18, 2014, 03:18:55 PM
agree! It's better to be able to blame 1 of your own rather than an outsider when things go tits up like they do every year!do you know YE have the record for losing 3 in 2 years and only kerry beat YE  there would be another record for YE .. Losing 3 finals in a row!

"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Farrandeelin

Wrong actually little man. Galway currently have that record. They lost 1940, 1941 and 1942...
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 18, 2014, 04:12:52 PM

Wrong actually little man. Galway currently have that record. They lost 1940, 1941 and 1942...

Why bother?

The record of men from outside their own county in either code is terrible. I dont think Jimmy McG could bring what he brings to Donegal to another county. I dont know if its DNA or passion or just an understanding of how a county plays and operates but homegrown has proven the way to go.
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

AZOffaly

Except in Offaly.

Eugene McGee won the All Ireland in 1982. Tommy Lyons won Leinster in 1997.

Damien Healy was the hurling messiah in the 1980s, Eamonn Cregan won in 1994 and Michael Bond won it in 1998.

Dirtyball

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 18, 2014, 04:21:27 PM
Except in Offaly.

Damien Healy was the hurling messiah in the 1980s, Eamonn Cregan won in 1994 and Michael Bond won it in 1998.
didn't OMahoney win an All ireland with Galway yet he couldn't with Mayo.  It's difficult to make a silk purse out of a sows ear they say! The biggest problem with Mayo footballers is they have no bottle when the chips are down. Take O Connor for example. He will kick you six if your 6 ahead but he rarely kicks you that vital 1 when your 2 down!

Geoff Tipps

Quote from: Dirtyball on September 18, 2014, 04:28:13 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 18, 2014, 04:21:27 PM
Except in Offaly.

didn't OMahoney win an All ireland with Galway yet he couldn't with Mayo.  It's difficult to make a silk purse out of a sows ear they say! The biggest problem with Mayo footballers is they have no bottle when the chips are down. Take O Connor for example. He will kick you six if your 6 ahead but he rarely kicks you that vital 1 when your 2 down!

Have a read of this. you'll find it very useful:

http://www.wikihow.com/Use-You're-and-Your