11 (11.1%)
Kevin McStay
50 (50.5%)
A.N. Other
29 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 99

INDIANA

Quote from: moysider on September 16, 2014, 11:08:38 PM
All things considered I think Horan has been pretty reserved.

Ok, there was stuff about the team and tactics that I wouldn t have agreed with but so what? He got so much right.

'neutrals' on here saying an unprecedented venue for an AI semi and a refereeing performance that was desperate at best, and possibly bent at worst, is irrelevant because he didn t solve his full-back crisis. OK, so an organisation can act the **** and a referee can practically decide 2 close teams on his own but players and a manager that have given 100% are ridiculed.

Reminds me of '96. Because Mayo players kicked wides it was presented as the reason we deserved to lose.

McEneaney and Fitzmaurice photographed together in Croke Park at other semi must be one of the most unfortunate images from a Mayo point of view. I m sure it was all innocent and incidental but at the same time it is not good enough. There is enough suspicion and conspiracy out there in GAA at the best of times.

As well as giving Mayo people a bit of a gee-up these last few years, I suspect that this Mayo team have given neutrals a few decent games to watch too. Not sure that it is the best interest of the GAA to treat a county team and those that identify with them in such a cavalier and disrespectful way.

Ffs, there was more media tut tuting about some big harmless lad invading the pitch than the referring issue.

The whole thing reinforces the notion that there is pecking order out there that must be observed. Donegal upset the expected order (thank God). The small narrow minded press were preening themselves for the Dub/Kerry wankfest.

At home Horan was being lambasted left,right and center by begrudging club delegates. A weak board trying to appease their base had to be seen to try and challenge Horan s very reasonable demands.

We ll not progress until the county team is treated as elite and separate from the club scene until the county  team's involvement in the championship is over. Harsh maybe but if the next manager agrees to allow county squad players play with their clubs while Mayo are in the championship then we ve either got a patsy or a cute hoor who has no intention of honoring his pledge.
Horan tried to take that step. The next guy must.

You sling the bullets when you win- not when you lose.

I respect the huge time and effort he put into it but I've never seen a manager complain as much. From a neutral's perspective it looks rather silly.

moysider

Quote from: INDIANA on September 16, 2014, 11:39:54 PM
Quote from: moysider on September 16, 2014, 11:08:38 PM
All things considered I think Horan has been pretty reserved.

Ok, there was stuff about the team and tactics that I wouldn t have agreed with but so what? He got so much right.

'neutrals' on here saying an unprecedented venue for an AI semi and a refereeing performance that was desperate at best, and possibly bent at worst, is irrelevant because he didn t solve his full-back crisis. OK, so an organisation can act the **** and a referee can practically decide 2 close teams on his own but players and a manager that have given 100% are ridiculed.

Reminds me of '96. Because Mayo players kicked wides it was presented as the reason we deserved to lose.

McEneaney and Fitzmaurice photographed together in Croke Park at other semi must be one of the most unfortunate images from a Mayo point of view. I m sure it was all innocent and incidental but at the same time it is not good enough. There is enough suspicion and conspiracy out there in GAA at the best of times.

As well as giving Mayo people a bit of a gee-up these last few years, I suspect that this Mayo team have given neutrals a few decent games to watch too. Not sure that it is the best interest of the GAA to treat a county team and those that identify with them in such a cavalier and disrespectful way.

Ffs, there was more media tut tuting about some big harmless lad invading the pitch than the referring issue.

The whole thing reinforces the notion that there is pecking order out there that must be observed. Donegal upset the expected order (thank God). The small narrow minded press were preening themselves for the Dub/Kerry wankfest.

At home Horan was being lambasted left,right and center by begrudging club delegates. A weak board trying to appease their base had to be seen to try and challenge Horan s very reasonable demands.

We ll not progress until the county team is treated as elite and separate from the club scene until the county  team's involvement in the championship is over. Harsh maybe but if the next manager agrees to allow county squad players play with their clubs while Mayo are in the championship then we ve either got a patsy or a cute hoor who has no intention of honoring his pledge.
Horan tried to take that step. The next guy must.

You sling the bullets when you win- not when you lose.

I respect the huge time and effort he put into it but I've never seen a manager complain as much. From a neutral's perspective it looks rather silly.

It s all about perspective Indiana.

For the most part I think he s bitten his lip. He s complained a bit ( when asked for a comment), but he s had a bit to complain about and has mostly been reticent. Even that last interview was a mixture of being plagued by a local journalist and a response to Shannon's piece in the Examiner, I think it was?

Look, its unlikely that Horan will ever trouble neutrals again with his cap on the telly. Can t see him do the tour.

Horan has done Mayo football a huge favour, if we can see the wood from the trees. He cut out a lot of bullshit and brought things to a level we never had. If the next fella does half the job Horan did (from where he had to drag us from), we could win it.

Dirtyball

He will probably become a pundit on RTE talking shite about what he would do yet he couldn't do it himself when he was there. Another f**king Tommy Carr in the making. Stating the obvious !

Tubberman

Quote from: Dirtyball on September 17, 2014, 01:27:11 PM
He will probably become a pundit on RTE talking shite about what he would do yet he couldn't do it himself when he was there. Another f**king Tommy Carr in the making. Stating the obvious !

What are you basing any of that on? Or is that just the rantings of an ignorant gobshite?
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

seafoid

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 16, 2014, 04:58:08 PM
Funny how Roscommon people come out to post in times when there's a hint of upheaval in Mayo.
Maybe they have nothing else to add a bit of excitement to their lives

weareros

Quote from: seafoid on September 17, 2014, 01:53:56 PM
Funny how Roscommon people come out to post in times when there's a hint of upheaval in Mayo.

As the dark nights approach, the endess básin from the Mayo básahauns can always be guaranteed to provide a bit of amusement to help get us through the wet auld winter. Till the  FBD anyway.

joemamas

Way over the top there, James Horan has been very measured in what he has said over a four year period. He has elevated Mayo football to a level that has for the last 60 years been unreachable. He has also left Mayo in good standing, and whoever takes over will inherit a good team. He has made some mistakes, we all do. Do not compare him to Tommy Carr.

Rossfan

Quote from: weareros on September 17, 2014, 02:06:55 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 17, 2014, 01:53:56 PM

As the dark nights approach, the endess básin from the Mayo básahauns can always be guaranteed to provide a bit of amusement to help get us through the wet auld winter. Till the  FBD anyway.

;D ;D
Upheaval in Mayowestros is always a good thing.
Seems there are only 2 in the running with Connelly the favourite.
As for comparing Horan to Tom (formerly Tommy) Carr....... Ah Jases that's goin too far.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Dirtyball

Quote from: joemamas on September 17, 2014, 02:13:23 PM

Way over the top there, James Horan has been very measured in what he has said over a four year period. He has elevated Mayo football to a level that has for the last 60 years been unreachable. He has also left Mayo in good standing, and whoever takes over will inherit a good team. He has made some mistakes, we all do. Do not compare him to Tommy Carr.
where he evelate Mayo football to? They were losing all Ireland's before he came on the scene.. And they still losing them. Where's the elevation there??? And yes don't compare him to Tommy Carr .. Because Carr WON an all ireland!

joemamas

Quote from: Dirtyball on September 17, 2014, 02:44:06 PM

where he evelate Mayo football to? They were losing all Ireland's before he came on the scene.. And they still losing them. Where's the elevation there??? And yes don't compare him to Tommy Carr .. Because Carr WON an all ireland!

Back to Hogan stand for you Dirtyball.
BTW what all-Ireland did Tommy Carr win.

heffo

Because Carr WON an all ireland!

Not in Gaelic games he didn't

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Tubberman on September 17, 2014, 01:48:20 PM

What are you basing any of that on? Or is that just the rantings of an ignorant gobshite?
+1
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Dirtyball

Quote from: heffo on September 17, 2014, 02:59:19 PM

Because Carr WON an all ireland!

Not in Gaelic games he didn't
did he not win one in 95 as a player? That must beat the few Horan lost as a player. And yes both were shite managers!

Dirtyball

At least the credit unions in Mayo will get a bit of a break this year .. Allows them to reel in money borrowed for the last 2 unsuccessful years!

joemamas

Quote from: Dirtyball on September 17, 2014, 03:09:07 PM
At least the credit unions in Mayo will get a bit of a break this year .. Allows them to reel in money borrowed for the last 2 unsuccessful years!

Keep digging the hole, you obviously have a lot of time on your hands since the inter cert finished.