50 (50.5%)
A.N. Other
29 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Keane

Quote from: muppet on September 16, 2014, 02:37:22 PM
Which is exactly what you've done!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I guess you don't really know what constitutes crying or you'd be embarrassed to do so much of it.

muppet

Quote from: Keane on September 16, 2014, 02:40:43 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

I guess you don't really know what constitutes crying or you'd be embarrassed to do so much of it.

Wow. That is about the greatest comeback in the history of the internet.

I am truly in awe.
MWWSI 2017

Keane

Quote from: muppet on September 16, 2014, 02:44:23 PM
Quote from: Keane on September 16, 2014, 02:40:43 PM

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Wow. That is about the greatest comeback in the history of the internet.

I am truly in awe.

You are a strange individual.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Rossfan on September 16, 2014, 12:06:09 PM
Next time they get to an AI Semi final they might be so happy to be in it that they won't give 2 sh1tes where it's played (maybe even at the Hyde  :o)

You see that's the way the loser thinks. Do you think any of the AI winners of the last 10 years were just happy to be in an AI semi-final when they got there?

Rossfan

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 16, 2014, 03:06:13 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 16, 2014, 12:06:09 PM
Next time they get to an AI Semi final they might be so happy to be in it that they won't give 2 sh1tes where it's played (maybe even at the Hyde  :o)

You see that's the way the loser thinks. Do you think any of the AI winners of the last 10 years were just happy to be in an AI semi-final when they got there?
They all HAD to get to the Semi Final first though.
28 Counties would have been happy to be in Mayowr's position this year and would be delighted to play and try to win the Semi at whatever venue they were sent to.
Anyway the point was that by the time ye next get to a Semi...... ;) which might be a while judging by the fears being expressed here by many rhus as to the level of manager ye might be appointing next.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Jinxy

Quote from: Lar Naparka on September 16, 2014, 12:00:04 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on September 16, 2014, 09:53:00 AM
Lookit, James would have been better off saying nothing.
Why?
Try and see it from his perspective and of the team.  He had also finished his term in charge without that which he and his players had burst their guts for over four gruelling years.
I'd imagine his comments would have been more restrained if he hadn't been doing a live interview so soon after his resignation and not his while his emotions were still running high.
Frst of all, the game was switched from Croke Park to a venue that he and his team felt was giving Kerry an advantage, Secondly, the choice of Limerick meant the fans were going to have logistical problems getting to Limerick to put t mildly and to cap it all, Croker was ruled out for the replay in case it was needed for a Dublin/Donegal replay.
Talk about parity of esteem or rather the lack of same!
If all of that wasn't bad enough, their own CB didn't stand up for him and his players. Throw the fact that the ref made a proper dog's dinner of reffing the game and he felt hard done by some of his decisions.
While I'm at it, he had a long-running battle with the CB as he felt he wasn't getting enough support and resources from that quarter and he left the job on less than good terms with that august body.
Now, I ain't saying I'm in total agreement with him but I am trying to see things from his perspective.

I understand Lar, however, the simple truth of the matter is that the ref & the venue would not have mattered if he hadn't sat looking at Cafferky being mauled under every single high ball.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Collie Brolly

Saying a player has no pace is hardly an insult.I'm not the one crying on here.
However I do accept these are sensitive times in Rhubarbland.

muppet

Quote from: Collie Brolly on September 16, 2014, 04:52:37 PM
Saying a player has no pace is hardly an insult.I'm not the one crying on here.
However I do accept these are sensitive times in Rhubarbland.

Did you forget that you said this?

Quotethe 2 thick bucks from Breaffy.

I think you've proved my point.
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Funny how Roscommon people come out to post in times when there's a hint of upheaval in Mayo.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Collie Brolly

Of course not Muppet.But it sure was funny sidestepping it.

muppet

Quote from: Collie Brolly on September 16, 2014, 05:04:29 PM
Of course not Muppet.But it sure was funny sidestepping it.

Ah, the Rossie side-step.

The best dance since:
MWWSI 2017

Collie Brolly

Where is the Green above the Red?
I'm on about the photo now,not Sunday!

Syferus

Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 16, 2014, 04:58:08 PM
Funny how Roscommon people come out to post in times when there's a hint of upheaval in Mayo.

The rest of Connacht are happy to see Mayo returning to the circus it was, don't pin it all on us Farr :-*

In all seriousness Horan going all Lone Ranger on the situation really benefits no one. The Mort jibes were pretty cheap, the rest was about right but not exactly what Mayo needed right now.

Calling the O'Sheas thick is twattery, though. No need for that.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Syferus on September 16, 2014, 06:42:15 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on September 16, 2014, 04:58:08 PM

The rest of Connacht are happy to see Mayo returning to the circus it was, don't pin it all on us Farr :-*

In all seriousness Horan going all Lone Ranger on the situation really benefits no one. The Mort jibes were pretty cheap, the rest was about right but not exactly what Mayo needed right now.

Calling the O'Sheas thick is twattery, though. No need for that.

I have to say I agree with all of that! :o I don't think Horan timed the interview correctly, and could have left the 'funding' thing out of it as well. I believe the county team were very well funded under his tenure. I suppose looking at it from his pov, he took us to 2 AIFs, got no breaks and is angry he's not involved in a third. I suppose I'd be feeling the same myself if I were him.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

moysider

All things considered I think Horan has been pretty reserved.

Ok, there was stuff about the team and tactics that I wouldn t have agreed with but so what? He got so much right.

'neutrals' on here saying an unprecedented venue for an AI semi and a refereeing performance that was desperate at best, and possibly bent at worst, is irrelevant because he didn t solve his full-back crisis. OK, so an organisation can act the **** and a referee can practically decide 2 close teams on his own but players and a manager that have given 100% are ridiculed.

Reminds me of '96. Because Mayo players kicked wides it was presented as the reason we deserved to lose.

McEneaney and Fitzmaurice photographed together in Croke Park at other semi must be one of the most unfortunate images from a Mayo point of view. I m sure it was all innocent and incidental but at the same time it is not good enough. There is enough suspicion and conspiracy out there in GAA at the best of times.

As well as giving Mayo people a bit of a gee-up these last few years, I suspect that this Mayo team have given neutrals a few decent games to watch too. Not sure that it is the best interest of the GAA to treat a county team and those that identify with them in such a cavalier and disrespectful way.

Ffs, there was more media tut tuting about some big harmless lad invading the pitch than the referring issue.

The whole thing reinforces the notion that there is pecking order out there that must be observed. Donegal upset the expected order (thank God). The small narrow minded press were preening themselves for the Dub/Kerry wankfest.

At home Horan was being lambasted left,right and center by begrudging club delegates. A weak board trying to appease their base had to be seen to try and challenge Horan s very reasonable demands.

We ll not progress until the county team is treated as elite and separate from the club scene until the county  team's involvement in the championship is over. Harsh maybe but if the next manager agrees to allow county squad players play with their clubs while Mayo are in the championship then we ve either got a patsy or a cute hoor who has no intention of honoring his pledge.
Horan tried to take that step. The next guy must.