2012 USPGA Championship

Started by whitegoodman, August 07, 2012, 08:14:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Tony Baloney

give her dixie

What a finish Rory. Well done, and what a way to finish. You sure are a special talent on the course.
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

here comes 6

Quote from: stephenite on August 12, 2012, 10:51:30 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 12, 2012, 10:48:58 PM
Quote from: stephenite on August 12, 2012, 10:46:50 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 12, 2012, 10:45:52 PM
Quote from: Minder on August 12, 2012, 10:42:24 PM
Quote from: trileacman on August 12, 2012, 10:41:08 PM
McIlroy on form is a savage golfer, pity he couldn't be more consistent.

He needs to be more consistent consistently, as Wenger would say.

Guaranteed Gold for Team GB in Rio....

If that's his choice, what of it?

Did I say there was anything of it?

By bringing it up, when it's completely unrelated, yes, you did.

Whats stopping him declaring for Team Ireland??

balladmaker

What a performance to win his second Major ... If he can get some consistency now, few if any can beat him.

dillinger

[/quote]

Nothing i guess, as someone said it's his choice.

bcarrier

Quote from: dillinger on August 13, 2012, 12:45:38 AM

Nothing i guess, as someone said it's his choice.
[/quote]

http://www.irishcentral.com/sport/Sports-Digest--Padraig-Harrington-says-Rory-McIlroy-should-be-British-for-2016-Olympics-139008729.html

Rory was different class over the last two days ...

snoopdog

Padraig is only saying this because on Current form rory and Graeme would keep him out of competing in the Olympics.
I think the 2 guys will keep everyone guessing as to who they will represent. But what should show as a hint is the fact that they both represent Ireland in the golf world cup.
another plus might be the fact that you are a bigger star if you win a medal for Ireland. they will just be another fish in the pond for GB and their 60 odd medals.

By the way Rory well one. Keep it up son.

Hardy

Plus golf is organised on an All-Ireland basis, so it's not exactly a 50-50 choice. Declaring for GB would be a departure from what would be expected.

stephenite

If either himself or G. mac consider themselves more British than Irish, they are within their rights to declare for Team GB, and they shouldn't feel bad about it nor have to explain themselves.

That said, I'd say the pair of them would nearly rather they kept their sport out of the Olympics, if there was ever a case of damned if you do/don't. Abuse from all angles no matter who they represent.

Hardy

magpie seanie

Quote from: stephenite on August 13, 2012, 11:50:38 AM
If either himself or G. mac consider themselves more British than Irish, they are within their rights to declare for Team GB, and they shouldn't feel bad about it nor have to explain themselves.

That said, I'd say the pair of them would nearly rather they kept their sport out of the Olympics, if there was ever a case of damned if you do/don't. Abuse from all angles no matter who they represent.

I'd say it's quite possible neither will compete and who could blame them.

Well done again to Rory. He is frighteningly accurate when he hits form and then if his putter starts to work - well he's unbeatable then. Younger than Tiger when Tiger won his second major I believe.

nifan

I think its only fair they should announce their intentions now so some people can start to claim they never liked them/always thought they where great guys well in advance.

rrhf

No dont be like that.  Good man Rory keep them majors coming...   

Shamrock Shore

Perhaps they should line up with this crowd