The OFFICIAL Liverpool FC thread - Arne to Slot right in?

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, February 05, 2009, 03:47:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bingo

Quote from: under the bar on November 04, 2012, 08:08:44 PM
So what you are looking for is a world class striker with no ambition of playing in the Champions league any time soon?  Good luck with that!
Seriously, is that meant to be witty, smart, funny or even sarcastic? Seriuosly, at least try and be creative. Give us something to laugh with you, not at you. Sad.

laoislad

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 04, 2012, 07:50:00 PM
Quote from: heganboy on November 04, 2012, 06:51:54 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on November 04, 2012, 06:06:29 PM
I'd love to see a striker in January, a #9

What are the likely options here. I thought Ba was ruled out because of injury concerns.
Drogba still being trotted out, Quagliarella from Juve. Walcott, Cisse, Celtic's Hooper, Schake's Klass Jan Huntelaar, Finnish kid Pohnanpalo.

Torres?

Rumours today about Huntelaar but who knows?
Darren Bent can't get a game at Villa.
Well able score goals.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

under the bar

QuoteSo what you are looking for is a world class striker with no ambition of playing in the Champions league any time soon?  Good luck with that!
Seriously, is that meant to be witty, smart, funny or even sarcastic? Seriuosly, at least try and be creative. Give us something to laugh with you, not at you. Sad.

Look Mom!!  I caught me a stupid one! :D

Bingo

Quote from: under the bar on November 04, 2012, 08:16:57 PM
QuoteSo what you are looking for is a world class striker with no ambition of playing in the Champions league any time soon?  Good luck with that!

Oh yeah, the old "fishing" retort....comic genius  ::)

here comes 6

Quote from: Bingo on November 04, 2012, 08:11:27 PM
Quote from: under the bar on November 04, 2012, 08:08:44 PM
So what you are looking for is a world class striker with no ambition of playing in the Champions league any time soon?  Good luck with that!

Under the bar, as a Liverpool fan i must say your not far wrong

heganboy

Be very unusual to find a soccer player interested in money...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

spuds

Quote from: under the bar on November 04, 2012, 08:16:57 PM

You and mammy having fun together ?  8)
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

AZOffaly

EC Unique

Jesus ;D  The fancy dress was last week. ;D ;D

Jonah

What a goal by Suarez!
Love him or hate him there is no denying his class.
It would be a shame if he was hounded out of England by the boo boys and the media as he is a joy to watch.

NAG1

Quote from: Jonah on November 05, 2012, 02:40:37 PM
What a goal by Suarez!
It would be a shame if he was hounded out of England by the boo boys and the media as he is a joy to watch.

Good goal, but he must be up there with Andy Cole on ratio of chances to goals

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: NAG1 on November 05, 2012, 02:42:30 PM
What a goal by Suarez!

the difference being andy cole didnt create too many of those chances for himself
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

NAG1

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 05, 2012, 03:14:32 PM
What a goal by Suarez!

the difference being andy cole didnt create too many of those chances for himself

That's a choice tactically or a fact of bad planning on the clubs part player wise. However a chance is a chance is a chance whether he created it for himself or someone else laid it on for him. He is not a top class 'finisher'.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: NAG1 on November 05, 2012, 03:28:47 PM
What a goal by Suarez!

That's a choice tactically or a fact of bad planning on the clubs part player wise. However a chance is a chance is a chance whether he created it for himself or someone else laid it on for him. He is not a top class 'finisher'.

Not much wrong with his finishing this season. He's the top scorer in all competitions with 10 goals. Joint top in the league with 7.

wildrover

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on November 05, 2012, 03:49:01 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on November 05, 2012, 03:28:47 PM
What a goal by Suarez!

Not much wrong with his finishing this season. He's the top scorer in all competitions with 10 goals. Joint top in the league with 7.

WRONG!

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/scorers/_/league/eng.1/barclays-premier-league?cc=5739#