The Official 2010 FIFA World Cup

Started by Hurler on the Bitch, April 14, 2010, 11:57:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Celt_Man

Quote from: muppet on June 20, 2010, 04:57:16 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on June 20, 2010, 04:31:28 PM
I don't like Italy but they know how to make a feed.

And wine.
And cars.
And suits.

On first look, I thought that say sluts... which is obviously more important that food
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Celt_Man

Great result for the Kiwis...  it shakes the whole thing up a good bit.

Far bigger shock than Spain being beaten
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010

Archie Mitchell

They just showed footage of the row between Evra and the fitness coach on ITV. The coach wasn't a happy bunny.

FermPundit

Italy haven't a game of football in 2010 according to the BBC live text.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

tyroneboi

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 20, 2010, 05:05:01 PM
They just showed footage of the row between Evra and the fitness coach on ITV. The coach wasn't a happy bunny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tokMM3dHow4

Tony Baloney

Very strange world cup. You'd have fancied England, Spain, Italy, France and Germany to stroll thru their groups (well maybe not France). The second round matches will be interesting as a lot of the big boys are looking like finishing second in their group.

paco

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 20, 2010, 05:31:51 PM
Very strange world cup. You'd have fancied England, Spain, Italy, France and Germany to stroll thru their groups (well maybe not France). The second round matches will be interesting as a lot of the big boys are looking like finishing second in their group.

Very strange, been very hard to predict as can be seen in the Worlc Cup predictions thread where-don't know about the rest of you-but I'm doing horribly! As bad an Italian side as I can remember, they have no strikers, I'd say he regrets not taking Totti. I don't follow Italian football that closely anymore but it's the first time I've been unable to figure out who some of the players' club sides are!

Main Street

Corriere Dello Sera can resurrect their banner headline used after the game against Ireland at WC94
.....  DISASTERO

Capt Pat

I am not too surprised about the relative failures of France and Italy. Italy don't have the players, France don't have a coach or team morale. None of the 2 looked like world beaters when they played us.

longrunsthefox

england is hardly a surprise either

muppet

Some goals by Fabiano even if there was a touch of the Henry's.
MWWSI 2017

pintsofguinness

Well at least the ref took his word he didn't handle it!
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Capt Pat

I never thought about it at the time of the Henry handball incident, but Liam Brady gave out about it a lot. Brady scored a hand ball goal for Ireland against France in a world cup qualifier in the early 80s.

Capt Pat

3-0 to Brazil all of a sudden Fabiano 2 and Elano. Brazil are through and the Ivory Coast will struggle if their goal difference suffers any more.

under the bar

Brazils 2nd goal is a perfect example of why it's almost impossible for a smaller team to win the WC.  2 blatant hand balls in one movement and the ref is happy to ignore and allow the goal cos it's Brazil. 

Italy have cried about the referee v South Korea in 2002 for 8 years, knowing that it will bring them soft decision such as the peno they got today.

All the top teams continue to get dubious decisions and penalites while the smaller ones don't even get fair play.