Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trueblue1234

Quote from: southtyronegael on September 02, 2019, 10:02:31 PM
Quote from: An Watcher on September 02, 2019, 07:37:55 PM
After that match yesterday it got me thinking, are we there or thereabouts or do we still have a bit to go? What I'd give for a Sean oshea as every free seemed to comfortably sail over the bar and a towering midfielder with him
to be honest we shouldn't be let near an all Ireland final. We are shite to watch and try to kill games. Dublin and Kerry played proper football yesterday.

You shouldn't be near a computer unfortunately either.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

trailer

After that match yesterday it got me thinking, are we there or thereabouts or do we still have a bit to go? What I'd give for a Sean oshea as every free seemed to comfortably sail over the bar and a towering midfielder with him

If we had Sean O'Shea, Harte would suck all the confidence and skill right out of him. He stick him in at half back, watch him play well, then drop him for some random boy from Dregish to make his debut in an Ulster Final marking a Conor McManus or a Ryan McHugh. That's the Harte way.

Heard why Stephen O'Neill left the panel. Wasn't impressed with the favouritism shown to a particular Errigal player.

trailer

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 03, 2019, 10:42:50 AM
Quote from: trailer on September 03, 2019, 10:24:31 AM

If we had Sean O'Shea, Harte would suck all the confidence and skill right out of him. He stick him in at half back, watch him play well, then drop him for some random boy from Dregish to make his debut in an Ulster Final marking a Conor McManus or a Ryan McHugh. That's the Harte way.

Heard why Stephen O'Neill left the panel. Wasn't impressed with the favouritism shown to a particular Errigal player.

As Pat Spillane said, there are 2 types of people - people who dont know, and there are people who dont know what they dont know - you are the latter my friend.
Also dont know how reliable that source would be.

Shows how much you know when you attribute that quote to Pat Spillane and you misquoted it!

southtyronegael

Just be thankful lads that hartes Tyrone didn't get the chance to ruin another all Ireland final.

Angelo

I think the sending off was a huge factor. Kerry were 5 points down at that stage coming into HT I think. Was it 7 points we were down at HT last year?

I would have seen Dublin winning that out comfortably otherwise. Cooper generally gets away with that and while it as probably a red card by the rule book, it was pretty harsh in what is generally let go and what else was let go in that game.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Angelo

Mark Bradley gave Cian O'Sullivan the run around early on last year and Gavin whisked him off fairly quickly and Dublin got on top of him. This year Gavin didn't take Cooper off or move him on to someone else and it very nearly cost Dublin.

square_ball

Quote from: Angelo on September 03, 2019, 01:25:25 PM

I think the sending off was a huge factor. Kerry were 5 points down at that stage coming into HT I think. Was it 7 points we were down at HT last year?

I would have seen Dublin winning that out comfortably otherwise. Cooper generally gets away with that and while it as probably a red card by the rule book, it was pretty harsh in what is generally let go and what else was let go in that game.

They were comfortable up to the goal and then had a 10 minute spell where there was a bit of panic stations. They dominated the ball after Kerry took the lead and that  with 14 men. I see them winning by 5-6 points in the replay. Their backline is creaking though.

southtyronegael

trailer

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 03, 2019, 01:13:53 PM
Quote from: trailer on September 03, 2019, 12:34:49 PM
Quote from: topofthesoil on September 03, 2019, 10:42:50 AM
Quote from: trailer on September 03, 2019, 10:24:31 AM

As Pat Spillane said, there are 2 types of people - people who dont know, and there are people who dont know what they dont know - you are the latter my friend.
Also dont know how reliable that source would be.

Shows how much you know when you attribute that quote to Pat Spillane and you misquoted it!

tell me where you see quotation marks in that statement

f**k me. I'm now correcting grammar am I?

Angelo

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 03, 2019, 01:46:07 PM
Quote from: Angelo on September 03, 2019, 01:28:11 PM
Mark Bradley gave Cian O'Sullivan the run around early on last year and Gavin whisked him off fairly quickly and Dublin got on top of him. This year Gavin didn't take Cooper off or move him on to someone else and it very nearly cost Dublin.

O'Sullivan not get injured last year? (could be wrong)
i think kerry have missed there chance also.

Possibly but it was a blessing in disguise either way as he was well off it and Bradley was getting a lot of joy in the early part. I don't think Kerry did anything unbelievable by making a game of it against a 14 man Dublin last year, we actually reduced the gap by 8 points to 4 from when John Small was sent off last year and that was just before the game went into injury time. I'd say we'd have given them a rattle too if we had to play a 14 man Dublin side for over half the game.

It's the first time in a big game under Gavin that any team has had the chance to play against Dublin with an extra man for a significant portion of the game. It's the type of opportunity you simply cannot let pass by. Donal Vaughan shot Mayo in the foot when he got sent off in 2016 as I'm fully convinced Mayo would have beaten them with the extra man. Kerry weren't good enough to.

MC

I think Cian O'Sullivan carried his injury into the game - Mark Bradley got early joy against him but I think Dublin also resolved the problem relatively early in the game.

Just wondering if Mark Bradley makes a good partner up front for Cathal Mc Shane up front in the future - shame they didn't get a chance to try it out this year.

MC

I think Mark Bradley was away at college and couldn't commit for the year.

southtyronegael

Another smashing article by enda McGinley in today's Irish news. Great read every Friday. A Tyrone man on top of his game.

Under Lights

Give us the gist of it there, I don't read tabloids.

trailer

At a guess.
Mickey Harte is the greatest. My tongue is so far up his hole I can lick the back of his tonsils. I'm totally objective. I'm the Ballygawley Sean Cavanagh and will talk shite on TV in a shit suit for money. Mickey Harte is a tactical magician and anyone who criticises him doesn't know what they're talking about.