Leinster Minor Football Championship 2017

Started by Junior Ex Laoistalk, October 07, 2016, 01:05:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Quote from: Bud Wiser on May 07, 2017, 02:33:06 PM
Whoever was tweeting the scores during the game must have been doing it from a pub as well. Shocking stuff, and then announced Meath as the winners
Agreed. Terrible service. They put up full time beside a number of different second half tweets!

Don Draper

Quote from: SCFC on May 07, 2017, 04:22:12 PM
Whoever was tweeting the scores during the game must have been doing it from a pub as well. Shocking stuff, and then announced Meath as the winners
Agreed. Terrible service. They put up full time beside a number of different second half tweets!
Terrible service? Do they not pretty much update every game, score by score? Sure, the fella on the tiller yesterday made an error, but f**k sake, give him a break. Its most definitely NOT a terrible service. I'd like if they told us scorers too, but all in all, its a fine service, yesterdays glitch aside.

Butch Cassidy

Laois v Kildare on Saturday 20th of May. Big weekend for Laois football hopefully they can get it off to a good start and get plenty of support

SCFC

Quote from: Don Draper on May 07, 2017, 04:52:16 PM
Quote from: SCFC on May 07, 2017, 04:22:12 PM
Terrible service? Do they not pretty much update every game, score by score? Sure, the fella on the tiller yesterday made an error, but f**k sake, give him a break. Its most definitely NOT a terrible service. I'd like if they told us scorers too, but all in all, its a fine service, yesterdays glitch aside.
I agree it's generally not a terrible service but it was yesterday which is what I meant. 

blueandwhite1

They do a great job with the tweets in fairness. Yesterday was an exception with the 'full time' error but we will get over it. Would be great if scorers could be included alright.

Back to minors - Kildare would be seen as about as tough a draw as could be expected. Will it be home or away?

GAA-SMART

If its in Portlaoise surely it wouldnt be the worst idea to move the game to the Sunday and play before the seniors

Don Draper

Quote from: GAA-SMART on May 08, 2017, 09:15:56 AM
If its in Portlaoise surely it wouldnt be the worst idea to move the game to the Sunday and play before the seniors
Not possible, its fixed for the carpark.

GAA-SMART

Fair enough, they are moving the Wexford/Carlow game to the Sunday seemingly to co-incide with the senior game

redsetanta

Is there a home and away arrangement with Kildare? Game on in Newbridge when Laois were first out in draw. All other ties have home venue for first drawn team!
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

steven seagal

I think there is a home/away agreement in all minor and U-21 championships, that's why we had Louth at home and Meath away this year, having had the reverse fixtures last year. Last time we played Kildare (outside of the final) was in the semi-final in Portlaoise a few years ago, so this time it's up to that sh!tbox of a grounds in Newbridge

The Monument Road

Quote from: Don Draper on May 08, 2017, 11:11:01 AM
I'm slow Don. Couldnt make out what you were on about and only copped on when i saw Conleths as the venue.Your being a bit disingenuous to car parks.

Don Draper

Quote from: The Monument Road on May 10, 2017, 12:49:14 PM
Quote from: Don Draper on May 08, 2017, 11:11:01 AM
I'm slow Don. Couldnt make out what you were on about and only copped on when i saw Conleths as the venue.Your being a bit disingenuous to car parks.
Carparks generally do have more character alright. But, its got carparking spaces marked out on it, they can be seen from space. Thats all we need to know. Thats a carpark.

redsetanta

Minor Team named for Kildare game tomorrow.

1. Thomas McCann (Ballyroan Abbey)

2. Cian Langford (Emo)

3. Sean O'Flynn (Courtwood)

4. Daniel Comerford (The Harps)

5. John Rogers (Ballyroan Abbey)

6. Seamus Lacey (Ballylinan)

7. Gary Saunders (Portlaoise)

8. Robert Tyrell (Camross)

9. Diarmuid Whelan (Ballyroan Abbey)

10. Alan Kinsella (Courtwood)

11. Niall Dunne (Courtwood)

12. Ronan Coffey (Portarlington)

13. Mark Barry (O'Dempsey's)

14. Ciaran Comerford (The Harps)

15. Dean Brophy (St Joseph's)
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

Heshs Umpire

Quote from: redsetanta on May 19, 2017, 11:33:00 AM
Minor Team named for Kildare game tomorrow.

1. Thomas McCann (Ballyroan Abbey)

2. Cian Langford (Emo)

3. Sean O'Flynn (Courtwood)

4. Daniel Comerford (The Harps)

5. John Rogers (Ballyroan Abbey)

6. Seamus Lacey (Ballylinan)

7. Gary Saunders (Portlaoise)

8. Robert Tyrell (Camross)

9. Diarmuid Whelan (Ballyroan Abbey)

10. Alan Kinsella (Courtwood)

11. Niall Dunne (Courtwood)

12. Ronan Coffey (Portarlington)

13. Mark Barry (O'Dempsey's)

14. Ciaran Comerford (The Harps)

15. Dean Brophy (St Joseph's)
Colin Slevin injured will be a massive loss at wing back. Hopefully the two new lads do well.
Well I could keep it above
But then it wouldn't be sky anymore

redsetanta

So 2 changes in defense both on the same side of the park, corner and half back. Hopefully it works out for them.