Football All Stars 2018

Started by thewobbler, July 25, 2018, 06:38:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellowcard

Clifford is the best young player in Ireland and could end up winning multiple awards. Thought he spoke very well last night also, seems like a good lad.

Howard must be one of the best performers not to win this award, he was just unlucky he was up against a special player this year.

rrhf

Disappointed for Mc Kernan but Clifford fully deserves it. Was talking to him after the Tyrone Kerry league game. Came accross as a genuinely good guy and was great with the kids etc. Guys like this are gold dust to the gaa. On a second note Fenton is exactly the same type. Seriously committed and talented lads who deserve everything they get and are role models for the next generation.

Wildweasel74

Dublin got 7; such was their dominance this year they probably should got 9; i have Cluxton in.in front of Beggan but that 1 could went either way@ just kept remembering a bad kick out by Beggan in the end of the Tyrone game! Dean Rock should be in before Burke and Walsh before McHugh! Cavanagh full back? Yeah could see him marking  Dean Rock from Full back alright!!! Did Howard just play 2 halfs at midfield all year!

Orchard park

a collection of super role models last night and even if  I am biased having being amazed by him since u12 here in Limerick, Cian Lynch absolutely stole the night, a brilliant lad off the field, on what was a tough night as the limerick lads all knew Leonard Enright RIP was in his final hours

spuds

Quote from: Orchard park on November 03, 2018, 09:02:05 PM
a collection of super role models last night and even if  I am biased having being amazed by him since u12 here in Limerick, Cian Lynch absolutely stole the night, a brilliant lad off the field, on what was a tough night as the limerick lads all knew Leonard Enright RIP was in his final hours
Agree completely, he was very emotional yet spoke so naturally and pointedly.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

BennyCake

Yeah I enjoyed lynch interview. Very honest and refreshing. Makes a change from the usual bullshit you hear from players

Armagh18

Quote from: twohands!!! on November 02, 2018, 08:34:11 PM
Quote from: Mayo Border on November 02, 2018, 08:23:48 PM
Claxton robbed of an all star again this year and no idea how Clifford was picked ahead of Howard for Young Player of the year. Review needed

If you've no idea how Clifford won the YPOTY, his stats speak for himself

This was on a Kerry team that were awful for large parts of the championship.

Howard had a very strong year but he did have a big advantage of being on a dominant team.

The kind of stats from Clifford would have had him in the running for POTY if Kerry had made any sort of progress.

If it was the case that Michael McKernan had won YPOTY then a review would have been needed but anyone suggesting that Clifford isn't a worthy YPOTY winner is talking nonsense.
Clifford was superb this year and definitely a worthy winner, but I think Howard probably deserved it more, simply due to Clifford not making it past the Super 8's stage. But yeah if Kerry had got to the final and Clifford kept playing the way he was playing then he was a big shout for PoTY.

Mayo4Sam14

You can forget about Sean Cavanagh as far as he's a man!