Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Under Lights

Quote from: nrico2006 on June 13, 2017, 10:39:56 AM
Has anyone a link to the clip from the Clonoe incident?

I have it on whatsapp.

tothetop03

Quote from: HealyHellRaiser on June 13, 2017, 11:19:10 AM
Look I was at the game and there was a Carrickmore official and in that context very official. Jumping the fence and hit the player. You may argue all you want but it happened and I seen it no more than 10 yards from where I was standing.
Snapchat, your reaction is one of anger and temper. If there was no wrong doing then why get so aggressive??

The Dromore Sub is a teenage lad who rightly or wrongly was doing water boy, he was by no means an angel buy there is absolutely no way that an adult can think it is the correct thing to jumping the fence weather to stop a row or whatever. A supporter is by the rules not allowed to enter the playing field and that's that no matter what your argument is its completely wrong. The grey hooded clonoe supporter is the same. if you condone this behaviour then Snapchat you my friend are the tube!!

I just cant believe the ref was approached in the car park so he wouldn't report it. All I am saying here is that Clubs like Carrickmore and Clonoe should not be getting away with this rubbish any longer. There is a common thread with them 2 clubs and its no surprise to see a member from each club sit on the CCC.

There is not a club in this County that does not get into an odd squabble..... There also is  not a club in this county that would not react in some way when a mentor/supporter of the opposition runs off the sideline and hits one of their players.... does not make what happened from our end on Saturday the right thing to do, 99% of the clubs in this country would also seek retribution of some sort.... Errigal have beaten us once in 16 attempts that is  their problem with us bottom line, when they where hammering us every year there was no hassle at all....

Up The Middle

Laughable really an Omagh supporter coming on here questioning Clonoe and Carrickmores character. Take a look at your own club before you start taking the moral high ground with other clubs.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

skeog

Eamon Mc Hugh is a man of integrity who officiates in a fair manner imo and is one of our best officials.Why has Simon Brady quit i wonder,he was a good ref again imo the abuse that referees have to take is so unfair.

leenie

On separate note I got called a paeodofile (by the opposition) at our game on Saturday and me the children's officer  :o
I'm trying to decide on a really meaningful message..

The Trap

The only thing we can say for certain on these discussions is that Carrickmore, Dromore, Clonoe and Errigal all were in the wrong with people not involved in the game either starting or embroiled in incidents on the field of play - from the footage seen Daisy could have been seriously hurt or worse - is that what will have to happen before people wise up!

tothetop03

Quote from: skeog on June 13, 2017, 12:40:56 PM
Eamon Mc Hugh is a man of integrity who officiates in a fair manner imo and is one of our best officials.Why has Simon Brady quit i wonder,he was a good ref again imo the abuse that referees have to take is so unfair.

If Eamonn McHugh reports what his neutral umpire told him after the game i will agree with that...

Up The Middle

Quote from: Thastheball on June 13, 2017, 12:55:20 PM
Been reading this with interest, and apart from the obvious comments made about it, one question in my head is why Errigal released an edited version of the incident and did not include the footage of their mentor entering the field to hit an opposition player, which seems to be the reason this erupted. Why do they release it at all. If I was from the Clonoe club I would be extremely pissed of with Errigal, really poor from them

It was very clearly a deliberate ploy by Errigal to take any attention away from the fool that started the whole thing. Smart move by them.
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Under Lights

Quote from: leenie on June 13, 2017, 12:47:30 PM
On separate note I got called a paeodofile (by the opposition) at our game on Saturday and me the children's officer  :o

Exactly the role a paedophile would want.

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: Under Lights on June 13, 2017, 01:20:41 PM
Quote from: leenie on June 13, 2017, 12:47:30 PM

Exactly the role a paedophile would want.

;D ;D ;D ;D That's a class response  ;D ;D ;D
Living the dream!!!

Taylor

The outcome of this fracas is being eagerly awaited by many clubs in the county.

Minimum of 52 week bans are inevitable IF the CB decide to do the right thing.

Thats a big IF mind you as our CB might try to sweep it under the carpet as is the norm woth certain clubs

Under Lights

Quote from: Taylor on June 13, 2017, 01:47:49 PM
The outcome of this fracas is being eagerly awaited by many clubs in the county.

Thats a big IF mind you as our CB might try to sweep it under the carpet as is the norm woth certain clubs

Will there be civil unrest if Michael Kerr fails to remove and spike the head of Daisy McDermot and Mr Grey Hoody to the gates of Garvaghy Castle On The Hill?

tothetop03

Quote from: Taylor on June 13, 2017, 01:47:49 PM

Under what rule?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: Thastheball on June 13, 2017, 01:22:43 PM
Quote from: Up The Middle on June 13, 2017, 01:00:46 PM
Quote from: Thastheball on June 13, 2017, 12:55:20 PM
Been reading this with interest, and apart from the obvious comments made about it, one question in my head is why Errigal released an edited version of the incident and did not include the footage of their mentor entering the field to hit an opposition player, which seems to be the reason this erupted. Why do they release it at all. If I was from the Clonoe club I would be extremely pissed of with Errigal, really poor from them

It was very clearly a deliberate ploy by Errigal to take any attention away from the fool that started the whole thing. Smart move by them.

I don't think it was smart at all, it is devious and shows the Errigal club with little integrity. Players will the odd fall out, there will be odd rows between a few players, its been happening for years, and will in future, but for me if it happened to my club, whereby  the opposition club released the edited video clip, it would effect club to club relations significantly.

To say it is 'edited' is a bit misleading.
What happened to spark the incident just wasn't caught on camera.
It pans over and sees the lad then being knocked out.
It does end quite quickly though, I can imagine that was the end of the melee.  :o
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

blewuporstuffed

I dont know the details, but i very much doubt it was a decision from errigal as a club to release it.
In the age of social media, these thing have a habit of getting out there.

Anyway, far be it from me to defend errigal.

I think i need to go and have a bit of a lie down. :-\
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either