Antrim, the way forward

Started by Milltown Row2, October 30, 2015, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

paddyjohn

Quote from: Gizzy15 on November 12, 2015, 11:37:37 AM
Quote from: culchie11 on November 11, 2015, 06:47:23 PM
ah now bannside don't take offence he is merely making a few points! If u read his email u will c the great job that they r doing in South Antrim divisional board.

But long winded but here u go, still can't figure out how to post the voicemail he also attached!

A Chara

Following the issue of the "Antrim Vision" letter to clubs and press I would like to make the following points in relation to claims made in the letter.

1/ As can be seen from their letter to the clubs and press they intend to take over the running of all leagues and championships from under 12 to senior leaving the divisional boards with tournaments only. Their paragraph attached

We will seek to manage our fixtures in a way which schedules club games throughout the county, covering all age groups and across both codes. We believe this can be done in a way which accommodates and supports our county teams, including minor and U21 hurling and football teams. 

This effectively means the abolishment of all the divisional boards. South Antrim CCC this year successfully completed 34 competitions with 805 games taking place in both codes from juvenile to senior. Indeed a large number of clubs congratulated our board on the fixtures that were provided.

The South Antrim committee are of the opinion that the structures are not in place to take such drastic action and force clubs into taking part in all county leagues. How will "Antrim vision" grade the league structures and secondly how do they propose to cover the logistics and cost to clubs? Some clubs with 2 teams at some levels and in the case of most South Antrim clubs dual teams at all levels. Antrim vision said they want to promote our games, but without forward planning it will do little more than driving some clubs into the ground in particularly dual clubs. 

Following my initial email to the other divisional chairmen seeking their views on this matter I received a voice mail from a member of the "Antrim Vision" which I have attached.

Is this the calibre of personal we want or need to look after the affairs of Antrim you judge.

2/ The letter speaks about what "Antrim Vision" intend for coaching and games development yet they are not contesting this vital post within Coisti Banisti.

3/ "Antrim vision" appear to be unaware or uninterested in current coaching and games initiatives as witnessed by their total lack of involvement in recent meetings that are putting together a strategy for Development squads which is being led by Ciara ferry and Columb Walsh

4/ The "Antrim Vision" posturing on fixtures is even worse. Firstly they fail to explain how they would administer their fantasy claims with reference to county fixtures as members of the grouping have stated that they have no interest in chairing or serving as secretary to CCC. How they could effect change from outside given the plenary powers of CCC ref fixtures would make it unworkable.

5/ Also totally ignored by "Antrim Vision" is the fact that the decision as to which competitions would be administered by All County CCC and which would be run by divisional boards was made at county convention and could only be changed by2/3 majority at convention.

6/ "Antrim vision" has campaigned disregarding all of the protocols of election to office within the GAA. They have in asking to address clubs and divisional boards sought to usurp the democratic process by seeking such an advantage over the individuals who allow their names to go forward for nomination for individual office, is this an insult to the integrity of our clubs? Since when was the use of the Irish news and other media outlets part of our democratic process?

7/ "Antrim vision" mention in their letter about re-examining our strategy for Dunsilly and Casement Park. But what Antrim Vision fail to mention in their letter is that a number of their grouping where involed in a fund raising committee set-up to raise much needed funds for these projects and in fact one of them chaired the committee for two years.
In this period we are yet to hear what money they have raised and what plans they have for the future.

8/ "Antrim vision" state in their letter that
We will respect all Antrim Gaels.
Every Antrim Gael will be afforded respect and will have the opportunity to make their voice and opinion heard in a transparent and inclusive way.
Dignity and respect among fellow Gaels will be a priority for us.
What they fail to inform you in their letter is that at an Senior football league game this season a member of  "Antrim Vision" called fellow Gaels from another club SCUM

Is this the dignity and respect they talk about if so they can keep it for themselves I for one want no part of it.

9/ In an article in the Hogan Stand a member of this grouping "Antrim Vision" stated that "Antrim Vision" is only interested in putting the county on the right track both on and off the field.

Was this member not also a member of County Executive for 4 years until 2014

What suggestions did he bring during his time to "put the county right"?

Indeed if he thought we needed a major change why did he show so little interest in our county by only attending a very small number of executive and county meetings during his time.

10/ How can "Antrim vision" claim in their letter to be all dedicated Gaels when one of the grouping only renewed his GAA membership after a number of years.

There you have it  "Antrim Vision" Where was the vision in the letter to you the clubs?

Is Mise
Sean o Baoill
An Cathaoirleach
Coiste Aontroim Theas

This shite is the reason they all have to go. Negative promotion, childish tit for tat and bilnd following to ensure a promised seat 4/8/10 years down the line is met in the longest game of musical chairs since time fckinig began. why not 'HERE IS WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER'... ffs its like English tabloid press dragging people down in order to lift yourself up, This is not a British Parliamentary race but yet it has all the stomach sickening backstabbing and manefesto smashing to say it is. show me you vision, not how you can smash his, show me your CV not pour scorne on his. Is this not the GAA, voluntary family organisation. were fcuked  if were becoming this disjointed

Exactly, its laughable! A few lads from other counties I've gotten to know through work are reading this board and they are peeing themselves with laughter at the shambles of the county board.

bannside

Great post Gizzy. Nothing at all constructive to add, so all some of these great custodians can do is attack the opposition. By comparison, the group that makes up SV nominees have no time for getting into the personal stuff. For them the past is the past. All that matters is getting a big mess sorted out so that Antrim Gaa can start to live up to its promise.

As far myself, nothing sickens me as much as the career Gaa official. The vast majority wouldn't have a modicum of respect in their own clubs. Why after a couple of lean tenures at county level would they not be happy to go and extend their expertise in their own clubs.

culchie11

bannside u r being v one sided here, if u had attended the county meeting last night u would have cringed at what happened!
mr reilly attacking our outgoing chairman & vice versa!

is this the way it is going to be?!

i certainly hope not. and our out going chairman is now guaranteed a place on county exec, as the other 2 candidates have withdrawn from the position of development. how will this work?!

i dont think it matter a jot what is said on here anyway as it will be the clubs who decide. sure we all thought pj wouldnt get the job and hey presto!

paddyjohn

Quote from: culchie11 on November 12, 2015, 01:05:59 PM
bannside u r being v one sided here, if u had attended the county meeting last night u would have cringed at what happened!
mr reilly attacking our outgoing chairman & vice versa!

is this the way it is going to be?!

i certainly hope not. and our out going chairman is now guaranteed a place on county exec, as the other 2 candidates have withdrawn from the position of development. how will this work?!

i dont think it matter a jot what is said on here anyway as it will be the clubs who decide. sure we all thought pj wouldnt get the job and hey presto!

Mr Reilly shouting his mouth off again?

Spike

As far myself, nothing sickens me as much as the career Gaa official. The vast majority wouldn't have a modicum of respect in their own clubs. Why after a couple of lean tenures at county level would they not be happy to go and extend their expertise in their own clubs.
[/quote]

you've hit the nail on the head bannside.  these experts on the committees have been there years and are laughed at around their own clubs.    Just look at the football seeding system last year. Top two seeds got drew out against each other in the first round. Stupidity or laziness, your call

JimStynes

County Convention tickets appearing on eBay for £1000 a ticket. Like gold dust this year.

Pub Bore

Quote from: JimStynes on November 12, 2015, 08:13:22 PM
County Convention tickets appearing on eBay for £1000 a ticket. Like gold dust this year.

Sammy Morrison doing the music!

cnma

This thread has gone very quiet??????????????

MoChara

Quote from: cnma on November 17, 2015, 09:45:40 AM
This thread has gone very quiet??????????????

I think in typical Antrim spirit everyones acting like grown ups and are in total agreement and there's nothing left to debate, its the only reason I can see why its went quiet  lol

Sportacus

Excellent CV in from Aghagallon for Cultural Officer, I suppose you'd call her an Independent Candidate - not Antrim Vision and no connection to the outgoing Board.

A Chairde,

My name is Bronagh Lennon and I am one of the candidates running for Antrim GAA, Irish Language & Cultural Officer on 7th December.

I am asking for you to support me as I believe I can deliver for County Antrim and promote our Language and Culture in a unique and innovative way.

Teanga / Language
-I have a degree in Irish Language and a Diploma in Irish Medium Studies from St. Mary's University College, Belfast and can communicate effectively in both English and Irish. I feel this would be a major asset to any County Board.
- experienced in dealing with groups such as Gael Linn and Glór na nGael through working and teaching in my local branch of Conradh  na Gaeilge and was successful in obtaining numerous grants for my local branch of Conradh na Gaeilge.
- led training workshops for Co.Down Cultural Committee for singers of 'Amhrán na bhFiann' at county fixtures to ensure they were using the correct Irish pronunciation.
- taught in Loch an Iúir Gaeltacht for 8 years and assisted with Gaeltacht scholarship schemes.

Scór
Scór is a key aspect of the cultural side of the GAA and is something for which I have a huge passion. 
- I have been a keen Scór competitor for 10 years for St Mary's Aghagallon.
- I have 4 County medals , 4 Ulster medals and this year won my first All Ireland GAA medal in the Ballad Group section of Scór Sinsir. This was a huge honour for St. Mary's and for County Antrim.
- I have mentored groups for Scór na nÓg and have assisted in the organisation of a club Scór na nÓg final in Aghagallon. 

Scór Forum, Croke Park
In the Summer of 2015, I was invited to be the Antrim representative at the first ever Scór Forum in Croke Park. Aogán Ó Feargháil , GAA President, and members of the National Scór Committee outlined their vision for Scór in 2016 which included increasing participation in clubs and counties throughout Ireland.

This year, I have been involved in doing exactly that in my own club.  I, with other members of the Scór committee in Aghagallon, was one of the driving forces behind Scór workshops for young people in the community. These were a great success and we fostered a love of Irish culture among the young people. We had 88 competitors in our club Scór na nÓg final which was absolutely amazing.

If I were to be elected as Cultural Officer in Antrim, I would aim to
- build on the good work that has been done already by volunteers throughout the county.
- promote the Irish language and revitalise Scór throughout the county. As a teacher, I have the organisational skills that are needed to be a successful Cultural Officer.
- form an experienced Cultural Committee that would help promote the language and cultural aspects of the GAA in Co. Antrim, Ulster and throughout Ireland.

If you want a Cultural Officer that will unlock the massive talent which exists within the County, the Glens, the City, and the country clubs in music, singing, dancing, performing, and the language, then please give me your vote!

Buíochas ó chroí,
Brónagh Lennon

bannside

Great CV for the job and based on this information going into the public domain, (rightly so) Bronagh has a great chance. Great to see new and fresh faces emerge for the challenge ahead.

JimStynes

An Armagh woman too! Good candidate for the job!

bogieman

Well done and good luck to Bronagh

It is great to see their credentials, inspires confidence on the way forward, is it a requirement for all nominees to have CV ?

Ps. Half Armagh...  8)
This is not Irish dancing. -RH

bannside

Not a requirement Bogieman. In fact it's something completely new. 
As long as the info is accurate then a bit of general information about some of the people hoping to step up and lead our county can only be a good thing.

As long as something on the CV points to the officials capacity to do the job well then this is a welcome development. Of course expect it to be completely shunned and denounced by the ultra conservative GAA who are happy enough to place a lot of round pegs in square holes, often with little ability to actually do the job properly.

culchie11

Quote from: bannside on November 18, 2015, 09:33:16 AM
Not a requirement Bogieman. In fact it's something completely new. 
As long as the info is accurate then a bit of general information about some of the people hoping to step up and lead our county can only be a good thing.

As long as something on the CV points to the officials capacity to do the job well then this is a welcome development. Of course expect it to be completely shunned and denounced by the ultra conservative GAA who are happy enough to place a lot of round pegs in square holes, often with little ability to actually do the job properly.

sure u could proof read it first bannside & let them know if it is acceptable to urself lol if u r looking for round pegs in square holes look no further than the vision! is tony/dick for slipping away into the background once the deal has been done?!

u also forgot to say they have to be a professional in that field, ur slipping up a bit recently!!
sure u cant hold a position until u have went to uni, got a degree and work to/for/with someone involved in saffron vision lol