Antrim, the way forward

Started by Milltown Row2, October 30, 2015, 09:53:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bannside

Thanks for the copy Culchie.

I am all for getting important info out into the public domain. When accurate and objective it can provide necessary checks and balances. Plus on principle I believe everyone deserves the right of reply.

But this goes much further. It actually attempts to completely wipe out the outstanding credentials of some very capable SV candidates by exposing the actions of one individual.

He then moves on to attempt to diminish the credibility of one SV candidate because he hadnt paid his club membership for several years. Yet this individual might have personally contributed thousands of pounds of his own money to GAA projects. I know for a fact that the man in question made a massive five figure donation to Club Aontroma in the early days. But hey, maybe hes not really a gael! I could go on.

This communication smacks of a juvenile personal vendetta. Someone may have called some gaels "scum" but firstly that is here say and secondly I have seen and heard many scummy things in or at a football match. So it depends on what context the comment was made, if made.

For example I recall playing a team in the Falls Park and a city club manager shouting to his player "for the last time I told you to break that wee fcuker legs". True, but hearsay I hear you say!! Scummy or what??

Look a couple of guys have had a fall out. This is the response by one of the parties. I think it's childish in the extreme. Is it a solo act, or who has sponsored it. Who has mandated it.

Saffron Vision (as a group) have no intention of getting into a slanging match, or of getting personal. But this action now provides a perfect platform for them to defend themselves. If so, you will find that their response will be totally subjective, and will in no way resort to this low class level of response.

In time this solo run or otherwise may turn out to be a massive OG by the South Antrim chairman.

culchie11

Aye no need for tit for tat stuff, as u say ur push is my pull.

I'm not sure where this has come from either as South Antrim chair is not running for a position on the county exec. He maybe wanted to air his views in it. He may get another phone call after this.

His correspondence was sent to all clubs in antrim. I do expect saffron vision to reply in one way or another. They will have to up the ante as the other contenders are proving a match for them with their cv's/letters to clubs.

bannside

Please God he dosent get another phone call....lol.

brendanbelfast

I opted out of this thread some time ago, and I'll just re-iterate for now that, notwithstanding the letter issued today in the name of the South Antrim An Cathaoirleach we have no intention of getting into a public, negative tit for tat with fellow Gaels. We'll keep talking to the clubs and will be happy to answer any queries and take on board any observations in clubrooms across our county. 

delgany

I would  think that the SV hopes have been grounded after the outburst  of TR at county committee  meeting,
The demographic at county mtgs  is very conservative

paddyjohn

Quote from: delgany on November 11, 2015, 10:17:13 PM
I would  think that the SV hopes have been grounded after the outburst  of TR at county committee  meeting,
The demographic at county mtgs  is very conservative

What did he say? Maybe the SV ticket would be better off without TR.

JimStynes

This is a pantomime. Couldn't be too many other counties like this.

theskull1

Quote from: brendanbelfast on November 11, 2015, 10:09:46 PM
I opted out of this thread some time ago, and I'll just re-iterate for now that, notwithstanding the letter issued today in the name of the South Antrim An Cathaoirleach we have no intention of getting into a public, negative tit for tat with fellow Gaels. We'll keep talking to the clubs and will be happy to answer any queries and take on board any observations in clubrooms across our county.

QuoteWe will seek to manage our fixtures in a way which schedules club games throughout the county, covering all age groups and across both codes. We believe this can be done in a way which accommodates and supports our county teams, including minor and U21 hurling and football teams. 

This point needs to be properly fleshed out before anyone has an idea of what it means. Above being unrealistically (IMO) utopian in terms of its aims, reading between the lines it can be interpreted in different ways, so I'm not sure if everyone gets a positive response reading that 
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

cnma

"We will seek to manage our fixtures in a way which schedules club games throughout the county, covering all age groups and across both codes. We believe this can be done in a way which accommodates and supports our county teams, including minor and U21 hurling and football teams"

I think it's convenient for current incumbents to imply that the above abolishment of Divisional Boards; SV statement simply implies an overseeing position, regarding timetable/scheduling - IMO!

cnma

Quote Culchie11 "I'm not sure where this has come from either as South Antrim chair is not running for a position on the county exec. He maybe wanted to air his views in it. He may get another phone call after this"

His pals are running for Chair/Treasurer????

bannside

Thought as much Cmna. In other words he is the PRO wing for his chums Joe Edwards and Billy Mc Larnon.

You know I actually don't have a problem with that once you cut to the chase and understand his motives.

Most of his stuff is badly flawed though IMO. His attempt to imply all county leagues is a top priority for SV is a nonsense. What they mean (I imagine because I'm not their spokesman) is that they will restructure fixtures and competitions to support county teams. That's a broad stroke and needs both definition and majority support. But it's well intended.

A cheap shot to portray this paragraph as the toll for doom and gloom for all the Belfast clubs. Truth be told most SW and NA clubs will be against anything to do with relying on Belfast teams to travel out midweek to fulfil underage league fixtures.

Cheap shot re a member who hadnt got around to paying his club dues. Especially as the businessman has a long history of supporting club and gaa initiatives.

Cheap shot re associating one man's comments with an entire proposal to reshape Antrim affairs.

Cheap shot to suggest SV have no interest in juvenile development. The SV nominee I spoke to mentioned it as a clear priority, and went on to discuss how this can be financed. But best to get elected first without attempting to fix so many ills from the outside!

All in all the more I digest the content of Sean Boyle email to clubs the more I think it smacks of desperation.

I believe it will be seen as such by the majority of progressive forward thinking individuals within the clubs.

NAG1

Quote from: bannside on November 12, 2015, 09:54:36 AM
Thought as much Cmna. In other words he is the PRO wing for his chums Joe Edwards and Billy Mc Larnon.

You know I actually don't have a problem with that once you cut to the chase and understand his motives.

Most of his stuff is badly flawed though IMO. His attempt to imply all county leagues is a top priority for SV is a nonsense. What they mean (I imagine because I'm not their spokesman) is that they will restructure fixtures and competitions to support county teams. That's a broad stroke and needs both definition and majority support. But it's well intended.

A cheap shot to portray this paragraph as the toll for doom and gloom for all the Belfast clubs. Truth be told most SW and NA clubs will be against anything to do with relying on Belfast teams to travel out midweek to fulfil underage league fixtures.

Cheap shot re a member who hadn't paid his club dues. Especially as the businessman has a long history of supporting club and gaa initiatives.

Cheap shot re associating one man's comments with an entire proposal to reshape Antrim affairs.

Cheap shot to suggest SV have no interest in juvenile development. The SV nominee I spoke to mentioned it as a clear priority, and went on to discuss how this can be financed. But best to get elected first without attempting to fix so many ills from the outside!

All in all the more I digest the content of Sean Boyle email to clubs the more I think it smacks of desperation.

I believe it will be seen as such by the majority of progressive forward thinking individuals within the clubs.

I think the horse has bolted on this one already, the old guard may try to fight the fading of the light but their time is up IMO.

I am not going to diminish the work any volunteer has put toward our county in any of the roles, but I think with SV this gives the clubs a real chance to hold the future administration to account for their actions. SV have put a clear vision of how they want things to be done now and in the future and what shape that will take, so next year the year after and the year after that they can be held to account for these statements and progress against them.

This way we should develop moving forward in a more democratic open and transparent way.

cnma

Quote from: bannside on November 11, 2015, 10:13:42 AM
Cmna read my post again. I have said GMG has put in a lot of hours amd needs applauded for that. Nothing derogatory at all to say about the man so not sure where you picked that up. And I know he works in accountancy and puts a lot into his club as well. A very good Gaa man.  I'd guess he too would want to see a few new faces especially with good business backgrounds coming forward at county level.

Not sure what TE's qualification us though to be in and around so many different jobs in the county. Maybe he is just glad to get out of the house lol. And sitting on interviewing committees for football management jobs. Jesus wept did he ever play, coach or manage anyone! That's the type of shit that needs nailed.

It's not as if GMG is running against PMC anyway! Just the way you said "works in accountancy", rather than is a qualified accountant - just because he doesn't have his own practice/ isn't a "businessman"! I believe he has been approached to run on SV ticket.

bannside

Didn't know he was on SV ticket Cmna but as a professional in that field it is highly likely that his services will be in demand no matter what shape the new administration takes.

Gizzy15

Quote from: culchie11 on November 11, 2015, 06:47:23 PM
ah now bannside don't take offence he is merely making a few points! If u read his email u will c the great job that they r doing in South Antrim divisional board.

But long winded but here u go, still can't figure out how to post the voicemail he also attached!

A Chara

Following the issue of the "Antrim Vision" letter to clubs and press I would like to make the following points in relation to claims made in the letter.

1/ As can be seen from their letter to the clubs and press they intend to take over the running of all leagues and championships from under 12 to senior leaving the divisional boards with tournaments only. Their paragraph attached

We will seek to manage our fixtures in a way which schedules club games throughout the county, covering all age groups and across both codes. We believe this can be done in a way which accommodates and supports our county teams, including minor and U21 hurling and football teams. 

This effectively means the abolishment of all the divisional boards. South Antrim CCC this year successfully completed 34 competitions with 805 games taking place in both codes from juvenile to senior. Indeed a large number of clubs congratulated our board on the fixtures that were provided.

The South Antrim committee are of the opinion that the structures are not in place to take such drastic action and force clubs into taking part in all county leagues. How will "Antrim vision" grade the league structures and secondly how do they propose to cover the logistics and cost to clubs? Some clubs with 2 teams at some levels and in the case of most South Antrim clubs dual teams at all levels. Antrim vision said they want to promote our games, but without forward planning it will do little more than driving some clubs into the ground in particularly dual clubs. 

Following my initial email to the other divisional chairmen seeking their views on this matter I received a voice mail from a member of the "Antrim Vision" which I have attached.

Is this the calibre of personal we want or need to look after the affairs of Antrim you judge.

2/ The letter speaks about what "Antrim Vision" intend for coaching and games development yet they are not contesting this vital post within Coisti Banisti.

3/ "Antrim vision" appear to be unaware or uninterested in current coaching and games initiatives as witnessed by their total lack of involvement in recent meetings that are putting together a strategy for Development squads which is being led by Ciara ferry and Columb Walsh

4/ The "Antrim Vision" posturing on fixtures is even worse. Firstly they fail to explain how they would administer their fantasy claims with reference to county fixtures as members of the grouping have stated that they have no interest in chairing or serving as secretary to CCC. How they could effect change from outside given the plenary powers of CCC ref fixtures would make it unworkable.

5/ Also totally ignored by "Antrim Vision" is the fact that the decision as to which competitions would be administered by All County CCC and which would be run by divisional boards was made at county convention and could only be changed by2/3 majority at convention.

6/ "Antrim vision" has campaigned disregarding all of the protocols of election to office within the GAA. They have in asking to address clubs and divisional boards sought to usurp the democratic process by seeking such an advantage over the individuals who allow their names to go forward for nomination for individual office, is this an insult to the integrity of our clubs? Since when was the use of the Irish news and other media outlets part of our democratic process?

7/ "Antrim vision" mention in their letter about re-examining our strategy for Dunsilly and Casement Park. But what Antrim Vision fail to mention in their letter is that a number of their grouping where involed in a fund raising committee set-up to raise much needed funds for these projects and in fact one of them chaired the committee for two years.
In this period we are yet to hear what money they have raised and what plans they have for the future.

8/ "Antrim vision" state in their letter that
We will respect all Antrim Gaels.
Every Antrim Gael will be afforded respect and will have the opportunity to make their voice and opinion heard in a transparent and inclusive way.
Dignity and respect among fellow Gaels will be a priority for us.
What they fail to inform you in their letter is that at an Senior football league game this season a member of  "Antrim Vision" called fellow Gaels from another club SCUM

Is this the dignity and respect they talk about if so they can keep it for themselves I for one want no part of it.

9/ In an article in the Hogan Stand a member of this grouping "Antrim Vision" stated that "Antrim Vision" is only interested in putting the county on the right track both on and off the field.

Was this member not also a member of County Executive for 4 years until 2014

What suggestions did he bring during his time to "put the county right"?

Indeed if he thought we needed a major change why did he show so little interest in our county by only attending a very small number of executive and county meetings during his time.

10/ How can "Antrim vision" claim in their letter to be all dedicated Gaels when one of the grouping only renewed his GAA membership after a number of years.

There you have it  "Antrim Vision" Where was the vision in the letter to you the clubs?

Is Mise
Sean o Baoill
An Cathaoirleach
Coiste Aontroim Theas

This shite is the reason they all have to go. Negative promotion, childish tit for tat and bilnd following to ensure a promised seat 4/8/10 years down the line is met in the longest game of musical chairs since time fckinig began. why not 'HERE IS WHAT WE HAVE TO OFFER'... ffs its like English tabloid press dragging people down in order to lift yourself up, This is not a British Parliamentary race but yet it has all the stomach sickening backstabbing and manefesto smashing to say it is. show me you vision, not how you can smash his, show me your CV not pour scorne on his. Is this not the GAA, voluntary family organisation. were fcuked  if were becoming this disjointed