Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ardtole on May 17, 2022, 11:24:26 AM
Do the winners of this years Joe McDonagh still get a route to the All Ireland Series, or has that been abandoned?

I would imagine so as we are still div 1 and that's not a route into the All Ireland series, unless there is a final play off with the losers of the all Ireland. looking like Laois and the winners of Joe, which would be slightly unfair but if you can't beat the losers then you'd be in serious shit next year
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Kidder81

Quote from: ardtole on May 17, 2022, 11:24:26 AM
Do the winners of this years Joe McDonagh still get a route to the All Ireland Series, or has that been abandoned?

Yeah finalists play 3rd place in Leinster & Munster in a prelim QF is my understanding ? And winners into Leinster championship next year

Kidder81

Quote from: BrendanAntrim on May 16, 2022, 11:08:10 PM
Sure isn't it Croke Park?

It's before the Leinster Final in Croke Park

Saffsof82

any word of the team for tomorrow? take it a few panel lads will get a start?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Saffsof82 on May 20, 2022, 09:18:34 AM
any word of the team for tomorrow? take it a few panel lads will get a start?

Was speaking to one of the players during the week and he feels they might but injuries are still in the squad and it's not a bad thing to keep the momentum going..

For me though give a good run out to a lot of the players that have been there, start a strong team and then empty the bench at halftime..
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

When is the final?

We have a pile of injuries at the minute so I'd have thought we wouldn't be playing a load of ones.

We never beat Kerry easy so would be nice to beat them.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 20, 2022, 09:56:21 AM
When is the final?

We have a pile of injuries at the minute so I'd have thought we wouldn't be playing a load of ones.

We never beat Kerry easy so would be nice to beat them.

Before the Leinster Hurling final Saturday the 4th of June, that game is at 7pm so guessing a 5pm start?

Antrim have already qualified for the Joe McDonagh Cup Final and the All-Ireland Preliminary Quarter-Finals.

Offaly can clinch second place if they draw with or defeat Carlow on Saturday. But if Carlow win that match and Antrim defeat Kerry, then Carlow will finish second above Offaly on the head-to-head rule.

If Carlow defeat Offaly and Kerry defeat Antrim, then Offaly, Kerry, and Carlow will all finish on six points each and will be separated by scoring difference. Kerry have a big advantage there currently with a scoring difference of +40, with Carlow on +16 and Offaly on +14.

This weekend's match between second from bottom Down and bottom of the table Meath is effectively a relegation play-off. If Down win or draw, Meath are relegated to the Christy Ring Cup for 2023. If Meath win, Down are relegated.

imtommygunn

I would expect Offaly to win but I am not convinced we will beat Kerry as they need it more. I hope Down win and I expect they will be too good for Meath.

I didn't realise we were through to an all ireland quarter final already. That should be interesting. If we win the Joe McDonagh cup we play 3rd in munster which would be harder than losing and playing 3rd in leinster  :o

Antrim Coaster

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 20, 2022, 11:25:48 AM
I would expect Offaly to win but I am not convinced we will beat Kerry as they need it more. I hope Down win and I expect they will be too good for Meath.

I didn't realise we were through to an all ireland quarter final already. That should be interesting. If we win the Joe McDonagh cup we play 3rd in munster which would be harder than losing and playing 3rd in leinster  :o

Joe McDonagh winners will play in the Leinster Championship next year.

No promotion for the runners up although the runners up will play the third place team in Leinster.

Looks like the Joe McDonagh winners will be playing Cork  8) 8)

imtommygunn

Considering the team we had out not a bad outing. Good to see a few struggling for fitness getting game time too. Glad to see down win too.

Just saw there - it's Kerry again in the final. Carlow beat Offaly by 5. Didn't see that coming.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 21, 2022, 02:42:48 PM
Considering the team we had out not a bad outing. Good to see a few struggling for fitness getting game time too. Glad to see down win too.

Just saw there - it's Kerry again in the final. Carlow beat Offaly by 5. Didn't see that coming.

Massive result for Carlow in Offaly.. Kerry will be feeling that they are due a final win over Antrim

imtommygunn

Carlow were very unlucky not to beat us. They're a difficult side to play against.

Kerry not the easiest either. Will be a tight match.

imtommygunn

The cushendun goalie scored a point from a puck out yesterday. From a puck out! Never heard of that before.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 23, 2022, 05:07:50 PM
The cushendun goalie scored a point from a puck out yesterday. From a puck out! Never heard of that before.

The wind down there is crazy, I remember the catch nets would be blowing past the posts onto the pitch!! Scoring a point was difficult  ;D

imtommygunn

I don't think I ever played on that pitch. I was due to play one day and when we arrived there were no posts  :D (a long time ago)